Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Corel Draw X7

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Corel Draw X7
Rob Lenz
Resident

Member # 2994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob Lenz   Email Rob Lenz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking of upgrading to X7. What are the pros-cons? Is it worth the price to upgrade. I have not experieced any problems with X6.

--------------------
Rob Lenz
Lenz Signs
402 Elm St.
Osage, Iowa 50461

Posts: 134 | From: Osage, Iowa | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i went to X7 from X3.......when i send files to outsourced print/screen.........i still use X3.... the X7 files wont go backward.....and some dont have X7 yet. any differances are minimal. you can d/l X7 for 30 days to look at it.....then delete it.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to CD X7 from X3, only because some features of X3 didn't work with Windows 10.

I like X7, it has some more advanced options than X3.

If I were still working I would have kept up with every version, just to keep current with newer file import abilities.

Like Joe says, download the demo and check it out for free. (Just remember, if you open a file from a previous version and forget to downgrade down to the previous version, you will have lost it. Suggestion to remedy that...import an existing file instead of opening it and save it to a different name when closing. That way your original will still be available.)

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
X7 is worth it.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a fan of X7.

It's all personal preference, I guess.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you can't save down in X7?

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
X7 created files(cdr)......wont open in X3-X4....from what i was told by one of my out source print/screenprint places. so i still work in X3 a lot. iam sure you can save down as a CMX, EPS, AI....but not as a cdr.

[ October 13, 2015, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have mixed feelings about Corel. I went from X3 to X7. There are a lot of great features. My problems seemed to start when I first updated X7. Since then things seem a little buggy. For example when trying to arrange objects I use the "page up" or "page down" - that doesn't work anymore unless I click "save". Very frustrating. They have since come out with another update but I am reluctant to update again. There are a couple of other issues too - dimensioning for one. It's hard to find answers. I still use the program on a daily basis but it could be better I believe.

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1266 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

corel updates are good......they actually fix problems....the only reason i went to X7 is because of no support for X3 but still do most of my work in X3. the improvements(or so they call them)are not doing anything for the application i use corel for.......so X3 does all i need....X7...... i guess in time i will get to like it but by then we will X10))))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's strange Joe....My copy of CD X7 allows me to save backwards as far back as version 11. However, I have no way of checking if it really works because I no longer have X3 installed.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
1-519-262-3651 Canada

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

only tellin ya what the people who do my screen printed/banners i outsource to them. they are still using X3-X4. i sent them a cdr file(converted to curves)from my X7......they couldnt open it in X3......i changed it from a cdr in X7 to cmx, imported it in to X3 saved it there and sent them the file from there......no problem.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Hey Joe...there are ways around every problem, and you're pretty good at figuring that out.

But, why don't you tell your "printers" to upgrade to current technology???? They are in business aren't they???? [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

[ October 13, 2015, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: Dave Grundy ]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
1-519-262-3651 Canada

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

not my job...........to tell them what to do)))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!