Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Letterheads40

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Letterheads40
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If this works from my iPhone, it is a pic of the Marvelous mural designed and lead by Elaine Wallis this past weekend in Cincinnati...
 -

[ September 28, 2015, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Duncan Wilkie ]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynda Yoder
Resident

Member # 7340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynda Yoder   Email Lynda Yoder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You did it, Duncan! Thanks for posting. Broke my heart that I couldn't go to the meet! Waiting with anticipation for more posts!

--------------------
Lynda Yoder Wayne
Yoder Signs & Designs
4735 List Rd
Grass Lake, MI

Posts: 154 | From: Grass Lake, MI | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was outstanding...
[IMG]  - [/IMG]

-

-

-

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

This is Diego from Spain with his wonderful gilded panel.
 -

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog

Lynda Yoder
Resident

Member # 7340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynda Yoder   Email Lynda Yoder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful!!

--------------------
Lynda Yoder Wayne
Yoder Signs & Designs
4735 List Rd
Grass Lake, MI

Posts: 154 | From: Grass Lake, MI | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That top foto had me completely fooled. I was looking at it wondering if he wouldnt do better working on the right side of the ladder rather than the left, and so on.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing the photo's Duncan
I HAD SUCH A WONDERFUL TIME.
It was great to see so many old friends and
to have the opportunity to make some new ones. [Group Hug]

I'm really looking forward to seeing more photo's.

THANKS

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2375 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

That was an awesome gathering. It was so good to see you again, and meet your charming Grandaughter. I too, re-connected with old pals and met a bunch of new ones.
Kudos to the tireless organizers who put on a first class event.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog

Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a truly wonderful time! It was so great to meet so many people that I'd known 'online' for many years, including Barb.

There was a vast array of talent, many brains to pick, and many questions about new techniques, tools, brushes, etc. answered. Everyone I talked to was open to sharing 'how I did this' and telling why they use 'this' brush over 'that' brush and this paint over that, etc.

I guess,maybe one of the greatest things about the whole event, was the tremendous number of young and enthusiastic "learners" that were there. And many of them were already quite good. It made me feel good, that some of them asked me questions about things past, and how to do this better, etc. I even had one quip about my Letterheads 3 t-shirt.."Dude, how old are you anyway?" I got a kick out of that.

I even got to walldog on one of the murals. That was a trip! I've done a bit of wall lettering; but not much in the way of illustration. Those that did the artwork, were truly remarkable.

It went by so fast, and there were some that I didn't get to meet. All in all, I can't wait for the next one. I'm going back up there in the next day or two, to get some better shots of the finished murals....without the scaffolds. As you can see, they are gorgeous!

[ September 29, 2015, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Dale Feicke ]

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Smith
Resident

Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Kent Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a great time and learned so much from the under 30 crowd, and I do mean crowd. It did go by so fast, it was over before I had a chance to talk to everyone. Also, this was such a great venue for a bunch of sign fanatics. No one asked how old I am but from the way I was treated, they knew I was "that old". Thanks to everyone for making a year's planning work out so well.

--------------------
Kent Smith
Smith Sign Studio
P.O.Box 2385,
Estes Park, CO 80517-2385
kent@smithsignstudio.com

Posts: 1025 | From: Estes Park, CO | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am still glowing from this one.
Such a great time.
So wonderful to see so many new people interested in what was thought to be a dying art.
And of course, great to see old friends.
Love.....jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great paintings- can you tell me the guys in the 2nd mural

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1735 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andy Goretski is on the ladder. The original Letterheads in the mural were Bob Mitchell, Mark Oatis, John Frazier, Mike Rieley, Noel Weber, Earl Vehill, & Rick Flores (according to the Sign of the Times flyer from 1993)

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike Rieley died recently.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!