Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » New shop truck

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New shop truck
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been better than thirty-five years years since I sold my old land cruiser for more practical modes of transportation. I missed the ability to pull off the top and doors and put it in four wheel drive for a little fun. I always told Janis that I wanted to feel the wind rush through my hair once more. A few months ago Janis reminded me that if I wanted that feeling I had better hurry up for my hair isn't as plentiful as it used to be. Summer was also quickly approaching. After all these years of waiting it was TIME!

I wanted a yellow Jeep this time around. I looked at old ones and new. Most were tricked out and expensive. I knew I would be fabricating new bumpers, and tube doors. New wheels and larger tires were also on the want list. After looking at many Jeeps we decided to order the plainest one we could which would leave plenty of budget for the additions and modifications that would be added over time. While we waited for our order I began fabricating the pieces in my spare time.

We took delivery of the new vehicle late on Tuesday. It didn't take long to remove the top, doors and bumpers. As quick as they came off the new ones were fit and bolted on. New larger off road tires and custom wheels will be added soon. Some graphics (most likely dimensional) will also be added later this summer).

Phoebe and I go for our first four wheeling adventure on Sunday!

Let the summertime fun begin!

-grampa dan

-

-

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of luck with it and spare no time in having fun. You have earned it many times over.

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, Dan, you've gotta make one of your "critters" to put in the back seat, to keep you company........ [Smile]

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How's the progress on the large project in ? Trinidad

Diane

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1695 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The truck is great fun to drive!

Our six month project up at Giggle Ridge (local) wraps this week. We also ship containers number seven, eight and nine this week, bound for Trinidad. There are enough features to fill two or three more already done with the last features in production over the next month. Construction on site there is due to start in the next month and we should be heading down in the fall for installation.

We are beginning to look ahead to the next adventure but not until we do some catch up with the last items around the house and yard.

Next week Peter and I head off to Japan for eight days of intensive research [Smile] . Janis and I (with Becke and Phoebe) are then bound for an Alaska cruise at the end of June.

It should be a great summer!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was expecting the jeep to be wood-grained like a tree, or something... [Wink]

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Gaffney
Resident

Member # 4240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Gaffney   Author's Homepage   Email Kevin Gaffney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also a bit disappointed. Was thinking same way as Ian ha

--------------------
Kevin Gaffney
Artistik Signs
Kinnegad
County Westmeath
Ireland
044-75187
kevingaffney@eircom.net

Posts: 628 | From: Ireland | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Miner
Visitor
Member # 6472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Miner   Email Donald Miner       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well guys, if you read between the lines, this is another one of Dan's "Works in Progress" thingies. Give him time to sleep on it for a few nights. My money says we haven't seen the last of this Jeep! Hey Dan, nothing like a new toy to make you feel young again. Enjoy!

--------------------
Donald Miner
ABCO Wholesale Neon
1168 Red Hill Creek
Dobson, NC

Posts: 842 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donald is right.

I like to believe I am a man of moderation. [Rolling On The Floor] As Donald pointed out this is going to take a little time. The Jeep now has 500 miles on it and it has been in our driveway for five days. It sports new bumpers, slider rails and tube doors. We also built a portable stand for holding the hard top and doors when they are removed. I did after all promise Janis I would take it easy and do the ongoing modifications in my spare time. [Smile]

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's the rust?

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
monty was a jeep guy.......lat i head about him he had a 48-50 that he was rebuilding before his stroke.......

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!