Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » LED panels?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LED panels?
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who do you get your LED signs from?

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
those suppliers.........sell to anyone.....they pay the same as you would.........only reason for you to get involved would be to INSTALL it........

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe is wrong, there are companies out there that sell to trade only.

Try Optec, Watchfire, Daktronics. to name a few.

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to THE PUBLIC.......WHOLESALE
http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-outdoor-led-sign-panel-p10.html

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys!

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do yourself a favor, Wayne, and do some homework, if you already haven't. There are some really crap LED signs out there, and a big variety of bulb arrangements, that can drastically affect the readability.

Also, check what kind of warranty, or parts/service they offer.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks, I will

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right, like I'm going to buy some China import with what would be zero dealer support. Good luck with warranty.

I am using Numeritex displays (wholesale to the trade only!) They make Gas-Trac for gas station prices. They have Econo-trac for installing right onto existing changeable letter signs and these come in a variety of lengths and letter heights. Econo-Trac is a bare bones budget system. I've installed 3 of these already and 3 more coming this month. Priced for the tight budget, easy to install and use, and my first install has been running flawlessly for four years now. Made in the USA. The have Uni-Trac which offers normal, bold, & italic letters and a few scrolling options, but still monochrome. But what I like is the self contained wireless keyboard for changing your messages. No need for a hard line or internet connection for the display. www.numeritex.com They are in Kentucky.

For full color LED with motion and total graphic capability I like Cirrus. www.cirrusled.com
They use a system where you screw together hollow frames to make the size you want (by 1 or 2 foot increments) and then pop in the led modules, plug them into each other and done. I haven't used them yet but after looking at the big boys in the LED market, these guys are much more affordable. They have full color and monochrome systems. There monochrome is higher priced than Numeritex but it has more features as well.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

YOU MAY NOT......BUT your customers might))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If that's what they want they can have at it. I sell to people who want service with the sale. They can buy that stuff and when it fails they may come back to me.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave, I've already had 2 customers "almost" buy what they thought was a good deal on an LED massage board, from basically a door-to-door salesman. There are quite a few of these around.

Fancy presentation, working model for them to look at....people can get easily taken in by the "flash" and "POW" that LED's can deliver. It's up to us to try and provide guidance on things like this.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!