Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » RIP Steve (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: RIP Steve
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry to hear about Steve's passing. Steve was a huge friend of the movement in general and many of us in particular. May he rest in peace.

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sad news, the only thing I can say would be the song and lyrics, "Happy trails to you, until we meet again,,,,,Steve"

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad news for us here. Glad to have known Steve and slung some paint and stories. Steve did make a difference.

Condolences to Barb and the family.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Smith
Visitor
Member # 146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My condolences to you, Barb.

--------------------
Frank Smith
Frank Smith Signs
Albany, NY
www.franksmithsigns.com

Posts: 807 | From: Albany, NY USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only met steve a few years ago at the sign show in Toronto along with Barb and some other amazing people... I do know he had a love of music and Guitars and he owned a Garrison Guitar made right here in Newfoundland.... This song always reminds me of Friendship between people like on the this bullboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihoudTTcWp4

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, Barb, and your family.

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear the news.

Rest peacefully Steve.

Thoughts and prayers to Barb and your family.

Peace,
Bob

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1873 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our love & thoughts to you Barb and your family. Steve will be missed. [Group Hug]

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3484 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barb I am so sorry to hear this. I pray the Lord will comfort your hurting heart & give you lots of peace.

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Each time I walk through our studio I am reminded of Steve. He was unforgettable. Steve and Barb visited us a number of times and like everywhere he went it seems he left his mark both in our shops and in our hearts.

-

We have a wonderful example of his awesome script. When we hosted the Letterhead picnic shortly after we finished our new shop (back in 2006 I believe) he snagged Phoebe's wheelbarrow and lettered it up for her.

-

Steve brought together so many people through the years and provided a place where we could share and be inspired in this wonderful craft.

Thank you!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is such sad news. Barb, so sorry for your loss. I hope you know the 'life altering' impact you both had on this one person sign shop. I have travelled to so many places I would never have gone to, seen the most talented yet humble signpainters/artists, made so many friends and acquaintances from all over the world, all because of this site, all because of YOU.

I have been coming here since the late 1990's and learned so much. You and Steve were probably unaware of how you were changing lives in such a positive way. Thank you for enriching my life....RIP Steve, a heart of GOLD.

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP good buddy!

it has been an honor to be in this circle you have welcomed us all in to!

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jackson Smart
Visitor
Member # 187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jackson Smart   Author's Homepage   Email Jackson Smart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Journey well Steve....

Perhaps we will meet again in another lifetime....
I will be on the lookout...
Barb...keep the memories in your heart....he is gone from here but not forgotten.

Jackson

--------------------
Jackson Smart
Jackson's Signs
Port Angeles, WA
...."The Straits of Juan De Fuca in my front yard and Olympic National Park in my backyard...

"Living on Earth is expensive...but it does include a free trip around the Sun"

Posts: 1000 | From: Port Angeles, Washington | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Beach
Visitor
Member # 9850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Beach   Email Dan Beach       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Steve.

--------------------
Dan Beach
Cylinder 9 Designs
1650 Glassboro Rd
Sewell, NJ 08080

Posts: 625 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Vickio
Resident

Member # 2265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Vickio   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Vickio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barb, So sorry to hear this!

--------------------
Tony Vickio
The World Famous Vickio Signs
3364 Rt.329
Watkins Glen, NY 14891
t30v@vickiosigns.com
607-535-6241
http://www.vickiosigns.com

Posts: 1063 | From: Watkins Glen, New York | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TJ Duvall
Visitor
Member # 3133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TJ Duvall   Author's Homepage   Email TJ Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never met Steve or really had any interaction with him at all. But the impact that this site and his vision of a place to bring all the letterheads together will for ever make a difference in my professional life.

Prayers for the Shortreed family.

R.I.P Mr. Mayor.

--------------------
TJ Duvall
Diamond State Graphics, Inc.

New Castle, DE 19720

Posts: 396 | From: New Castle,Delaware | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Moss
Visitor
Member # 4295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Moss   Email Kent Moss       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R.I.P. Steve,so sorry to Barb & family.We met in early 80,s at Kansas City Letterhead meet.Great brother of the brush,will be so missed.

--------------------
Kent Moss
Greg Moss Signs

Posts: 363 | From: Wilbraham, MA / Charleston,SC | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Elliott
Resident

Member # 1262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Elliott   Email Chris Elliott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Steve.

Barb, I just checked in and am saddened to hear about this. I've always enjoyed knowing you & Steve and really appreciate everything you've both done over the years. I still can't help but smile when I think of Steve and am really going to miss him. You and the rest of your family are in my thoughts & prayers.

--------------------
Chris Elliott
1longshot@classicnet.net
cell 62084two2232

Posts: 686 | From: Scottsdale, AZ & Anthony, KS, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernice Tornquist
Resident

Member # 16

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bernice Tornquist   Email Bernice Tornquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barb, I'm sad to hear of your/our loss. Haven't checked in the site for awhile, so didn't know about this. He was a kind and giving man. God's strength to you in the days ahead.

--------------------
Bernice Tornquist
Bernice's Signs & Graphics
Box 1799, Nipawin, SK
S0E 1E0 Canada

Posts: 676 | From: Nipawin, Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!