Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Yikes! It be cold

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yikes! It be cold
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This morning it got down to 19 degrees. I went out and put on the heat in the shop so it'd be warm when I start work. I have been letting my new little 9 week old hen, Peanut, sleep in my office.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3814 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've even got it here, Alicia. It's supposed to be in the mid-30's tonite, and in the 20's tomorrow nite.

This is the tropics, dammit! I'm movin' south!!!

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's because of Global warming.
Climate experts told me so when I was in science class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kGB5MMIAVA

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
19° .....? I wish. We're headed for single digit lows for the next 5 days. On top of that we got 21.5 inches of snow Monday & Tuesday. Thank goodness I only have to put up with this weather for another 2 years. Texas...I'm on the way.

And trying to stay away from making this political, the uncensored scientists have been predicting another mini ice age, and soon, for a long time. Sun spot activity is a true barometer of this likely event. Global warming is definitely a political agenda.

[ November 13, 2014, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Dave Sherby ]

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5397 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathy Weeks
Resident

Member # 10828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Weeks   Email Kathy Weeks       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA! That's funny - thanks for posting that Mike! I remember that warning of an ice age coming, when I was in grade school - it scared the crap out of us little kids. (That was before the invention of Fleece and Down filled coats!)

I agree with Dave - I live in Minnesota and after several years of what we considered unusually mild winters, we are now experiencing winters similar to what we had 30-40 years ago (30 degrees below zero with 65" average snow accumulation). (We don't get hit as bad as Michigan though!)

I think our weather is cyclical, and evolution is always taking us by surprise, and has in the past, and will in the future, prove scientists guessed wrong on many predictions that they swear are absolutely true.

--------------------
Kathy Weeks
Weeks-End Signs & Graphics
Lake Elmo, Minnesota

Posts: 249 | From: Lake Elmo, Minnesota | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chilly and overcast down here in Santa Fe. No snow yet, but a 20% chance. Two more blasts headed our way, says the weatherman.
I have a iron Chiminea out on the patio that has been great til this morning. Way to cold to go out there, even for Gracie, my 16 year old hound.
I miss summer!

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True Cathy. I grew up in Michigan. I tell everyone I belive in global warming because Michigan used to be a glacier. Climate change. Always was. Always will be.

You'll never get real data now that the Chinese have hacked thier way in.

Too Funny:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/chinese-hack-us-weather-systems-satellite-network/2014/11/12/bef1206a-68e9-11e4-b053-65cea7903f2e_story.html

[ November 13, 2014, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Mikes Mischeif ]

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Mike. Global warming, or more correctly, climate change, has been going on since the dawn of time. And, I believe man has very little effect on most of it.

Looking at layers of ice in the arctic, or of sediment in various areas around the globe, have always shown areas of warming or cooling, over periods of years, as a natural course of nature.

These things will continue to happen, with little regard to the UN or Al Gore's phony input.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!