Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Signcraft magazines

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Signcraft magazines
Lori Musgrave
Visitor
Member # 12177

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Lori Musgrave   Email Lori Musgrave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been in the sign biz since the early 80's. I started my subscription to Signcraft magazine around 1985. I have a pretty big collection of the early years stacked in my file cabinet. I am moving and trying to reduce the amount of stuff that will be going with.

Is there any interest or value in these magazines among the sign artists out there today? I also have some Airbrush Action and Auto Graphics mags as well.

--------------------
Tucker
Lettering by Tucker
Chicagoland area

Posts: 13 | From: Chicagoland | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark M. Kottwitz
Visitor
Member # 1764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark M. Kottwitz   Author's Homepage   Email Mark M. Kottwitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. I bought an almost complete set from a member here for, if I remember right, $200 or $300. He also threw in a dozen books on lettering, gold leafing, and other various subjects.

--------------------
Mark Kottwitz
Kottwitz Graphics
Ridgely, MD
www.SeeMySignWork.com
--------------------------
Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 746 | From: Ridgely, MD | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori Musgrave
Visitor
Member # 12177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori Musgrave   Email Lori Musgrave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Mark.....anyone interested?

--------------------
Tucker
Lettering by Tucker
Chicagoland area

Posts: 13 | From: Chicagoland | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shirley Carron
Visitor
Member # 2446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shirley Carron   Email Shirley Carron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lost most of my collection in a flood a few years ago...I'd love them but the shipping alone would cost big $$.

--------------------
Shirley Carron
Black Sheep Designs
184 John St. N.
Arnprior,On.,Canada
shirleyc@magma.ca
613-623-7053

Posts: 503 | From: Arnprior, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo Davila   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo Davila   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C'mon, Shirley !!.........You can dooooit !

RD

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
Showroom Window Advertising
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Posts: 1180 | From: Edmond, Oklahoma | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori Musgrave
Visitor
Member # 12177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori Musgrave   Email Lori Musgrave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have to figure out the weight to calculate the cost. Crossing into Canada would add to the total as well....are you planning a vacation to Chicago in the future? [Smile]

--------------------
Tucker
Lettering by Tucker
Chicagoland area

Chuck Peterson
Visitor
Member # 70

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Peterson   Author's Homepage   Email Chuck Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gave away all of mine a few years back when I moved and simplified my life. I drove from San Diego to Long Beach and delivered them to Dawn Ellis. Had lunch with her and Karen LeMasters. It was a fun day, worth the drive.

[ September 30, 2014, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Chuck Peterson ]

--------------------
Chuck Peterson Designs
San Diego, CA

Posts: 1050 | From: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chuck, are you still in contact with Karen?

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6712 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Peterson
Visitor
Member # 70

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Peterson   Author's Homepage   Email Chuck Peterson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not heard from her in probably a year and a half. A customer recently told me her phone and email are not the same so I don't know. I'll try to connect sometime.

--------------------
Chuck Peterson Designs
San Diego, CA

Posts: 1050 | From: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SignCraft is the National Geographic of the sign industry. No one has ever thrown away a single copy!

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's 2014. Get them online SC.
Sheesh.

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
since freight from Hawaii will be even worse than from Chicago, I don't think I'm hijacking the thread to comment...

but after Lori sells hers, I will announce that I wish to sell my collection of every issue ever printed, current thru today

..knowing it will probably never sell... in which case I'll end up giving them away, just to keep them in use

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori Musgrave
Visitor
Member # 12177

Yeah, I hate to part with them but realistically I have to thin the herd. If someone in my area is interested I will make them a killer deal.

--------------------
Tucker
Lettering by Tucker
Chicagoland area

Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My brother must have been the first person I knew that used a scanner and he still has Omni magazines and libraries that he scans the pics and interesting articles as he also is needing to make room and declutter. It's not like throwing them out, but to have the best things scanned to refer to. I also now have been looking for a good rainy day (well snowy) to scan what I have in my sign magazines and other literature, bills and permanent records, making 2 copies to keep in two different locations.
Love those old magazines! I still have Look and LIfe mags from the Kennedy days sitting in the same place they were in the 1970's from the 1960's! I can't wait to get them upstairs and scan.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!