Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » I PHONE INSANITY...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I PHONE INSANITY...
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i guess........i have become an 'Old goat"when it comes to this.
YES I HAVE A CELL PHONE...same contract i had in 2000......for $30 a month 300 minutes. in all that time i have gone over the 300 minutes....ONE MONTH, when i died))))))wife was calling everybody))))
i see ads for these IPHONE/SUMSUNG/VIRISON for $60 a month.....thats crazy.....who needs to be that connected 24/7???? the phone i have is exactly that!!! A PHONE...... incoming and out going, no text(i got one from somplace and was charged for it, told the phone company to make my phone NON-TEXTABLE..it dont take pictures either....but iam afraid iam gona have ta get a new one soon, this one dont hold it charge for long anymore...

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe, just buy a new battery

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6713 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's all relative Joe to your lifestyle. I could not be without a smart phone to run my business. Do what works for you.

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have a younger firend who is always upgrading his phone.....ill get one of his older ones.....and have my number put on it......but i dam sure dont need internet/text......24/7)))))))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.cellphoneshop.net/exlibaforsa4.html

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing like sending quotes and returning emails to your customer when your sitting in the county office waiting to pull a permit.

Nothing like watchinhg a storm front on radar to see how long you have to get your ladder off the buildind before a storm.

Nothing like getting a naughty tease from the wife... I could go on.

Love the smart phone, but I don't facebook, twitter or any other self indulgent media.

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with the majority...Got my first smart phone a little over a year ago. I can't imagine going back to a regular cell phone now.

Internet, e-mail, Netflix, Skype, MagicJack and much more, all on one small device.

[ September 25, 2014, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Dave Grundy ]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nobody's forcing you to get a smart phone Joe. Stick with what works for you. There are still cheap phones out there and I would go that route unless you can get an original manufacturer battery. Almost all of the fires and melt downs caused by cell phone batteries are off brand batteries or original equipment batteries using off brand chargers.

And what Bob said.
AND... nothing like remembering something you need to order for a job when you're 30 miles from the shop and being able to access your suppliers web site.

[ September 25, 2014, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Dave Sherby ]

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Gaffney
Resident

Member # 4240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Gaffney   Author's Homepage   Email Kevin Gaffney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have office staff so need acces to emails on days when I'm on site. Add to that all my site surveys and measurements stored on iPhone. Couldn't manage without it. Getting my 6+ on monday

--------------------
Kevin Gaffney
Artistik Signs
Kinnegad
County Westmeath
Ireland
044-75187
kevingaffney@eircom.net

Posts: 628 | From: Ireland | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey OP,

If you get that new WAVE thing, maybe you could recharge it in the microwave and bring that old battery back to life. [Wink] [Big Grin] [Bash]

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2274 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Len Mort
Resident

Member # 7030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Len Mort   Author's Homepage   Email Len Mort       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just love my phone

-

--------------------
Len Mort
Signmaker1.com
11 Juniper Drive
Millbury, MA
508-865-2382
"A Good Business Sign, is A Sign of Good Business"(1957)

Posts: 811 | From: Millbury, Ma | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old Paint, I have an old basic cell phone. No texting, no camera, only family members have my cell number

diane

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1695 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I'll have a smart phone again. Had one for awhile, and basically liked it OK. But, I see how "attached" folks become; can't be away from that thing for a second; walk around in a daze, texting or whatever.

Nobody talks to each other anymore, even sometimes in the same room. Too much "big brother" inside....tracking, listening. Even the apps track your whereabouts, or seek your personal information. I've even read recently where some have secret internal microphones that can be remotely turned on, to listen to your household activities.

Government interference and nosing around in our lives has become way too invasive, to where we have basically very little privacy anymore. I'll stick with my basic cell phone.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

any of you watch a show on TV called PERSONS OF INTEREST???
guy builds this computer for the GOVT..to spy on the populace....ONLY it not only finds terrorist but find normal people who are about to be hurt or killed.
then the guy takes his "machine" from the govt only to have the govt try to build another and eliminate him.....the phones on here.get "cloned" just by getting within 20 feet of the one you want to listen in on....now YOURE PHONE becomes a "bug." and its not si-fi.....

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!