Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » I Don't know how to post info about a new Meet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Don't know how to post info about a new Meet
Judy Grossman
Visitor
Member # 235

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Judy Grossman   Author's Homepage   Email Judy Grossman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All...Do I need to be a Resident to post info about our upcoming Letterhead Meet in October in Northern California? I have tried to email info in, but haven't gotten any response. Confused. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks. Not sure if this Link is gonna work or not.  -

--------------------
Judy Grossman
JG Signs & Designs
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370

Posts: 207 | From: Sonora, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It an't working. Francisco told me about it yesterday. What day, what's up?

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PatRaap
Resident

Member # 4290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatRaap   Author's Homepage   Email PatRaap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judy, Barb usually posts them. You send her the information. We are residents and she has always put them on for us - not sure if you aren't a resident.

--------------------
Patricia A. Raap
Raap Signs
2615 Arthur
Coopersville, MI 49404
616-677-0158
pat@raapsigns.com

Posts: 575 | From: Coopersville, MI 49404 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judy send me the information and I'll post it for you. You don't need to be a resident, but if you have an image you want up then it can be a bit more tricky.

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Judy...here you go

We are having a Mini Letterhead Meet in Sonora, CA, on Oct. 11th and 12th of this year.

"Hi Brothas & Sistas of The Brush! Remy Chwae and I decided to start this private group for Letterheads to comment and question about this upcoming Mini Letterhead Meet: Celebrate Art: Signs Thru Our Times. I guess I should be the one to esplain (as Ricky Ricardo used to say)..."Lucy, esplain yourself!"...

This was first started as the 62nd Annual Mother Lode Art Association's Art Show. Then the county Arts Alliance joined in the fun. Then a friend of mine that wants to apprentice under me brought up the Sign Painters' movie, and they thought..."that would be an interesting theme for the art show." Then ...after 20 years of me harping at them that they should do a show of Signs As Art...they called me....cuz it was their idea. Wink, wink. So now they have reserved the movie and then they realized the big question....who would pay to see a movie about a bunch of sign painters if they didn't really understand that it was a very interesting movie? So...enter Judy. "How 'bout if I invite some of my buddies to demonstrate all day, maybe even 2 days, during that movie weekend? And we could get you board members and other folks to put them up in their homes and feed them in exchange for their wonderful demos ( because the arts council doesn't have any money to pay you...true small town arts group). And then we can advertise demos of fine hand lettering and gold leafing by the best talent around and people will come to watch, bid on the pieces that are painted and pay to watch the movie!". They said...."Really? They would do THAT?!?!?".Â
Sooooo here I am putting it out there to you. This is the poster I designed for the event. 2 Events TWO Weekends. You can see that October 11th is the primary day for demos and the movie in the evening. I will also post the 2 pdf's of the two art show prospectuses that are starting the previous weekend and running through the second weekend as well, if any of you would like to submit some beautiful letters of some sort to the show. It is a juried art show and photography show is separately judged.
So what we are offering to you is housing and a couple meals ( well, at least one, for sure), gold leaf if you do a gold demo (small one, please), and free movie and other stuff thrown in as we get it....In exchange for you donating your pieces that you do during the day for the auction ( benefiting the Tuolumn​e​County Arts Alliance). The 11th is also our 2nd Saturday Art Walk and it is a celebration of the 5th Anniversary of the Art Walk. So downtown should be jumpin' and lots of press about the event. I am going to get some panels painted by my buddy who used to be the MC of the Spike tv show, Muscle Car. He's a striper too and hopefully he will be down there joining the fun.Â
Please add other Letterheads that you know to this list. I know a lot if you are not living in or near CA. If you came, we are 2 and a half to 3 hours due east of San Francisco, and we are an hour away from the most exqusite Yosemite National Park. So take a few extra days, if you can, and enjoy what we have to offer. We are in Sonora, CA, smack dab in the middle of the California Gold Rush area. My hope is that when Sonora sees the caliber of artists that I have invited, they will understand and support a Walldog Event here. So there you have probably more info than you needed. But maybe some questions answered too. My phone number at my studio us 209-533-4542. My cell is 209-559-0346. My email address ( but best to reach me here in this group) judyart4u@gmail.com.

Please let me know by the first week of September if you can come and what your needs are so that I can make sure that we have panels, objects, or glass for you and enough space to paint and housing set up. Thank you in advance. Hope you can make it

JG Designs & Brush & Cork
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370
209-533-4542
www.judyart.com

www.brushandcork.com

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2375 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Grossman
Visitor
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Grossman   Author's Homepage   Email Judy Grossman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok...Thanks Alicia, Pat, Kelly and Barb. Some things have changed, since I sent the original info to Barb. I have gotten the approval from the city of Sonora and the Arts Alliance to extend the meet. It ain't a "Mini" anymore!!! We will start registration on the night of the 9th, if you come into town early, to get a jump on starting to paint on the morning of the 10th. We are providing homes/lodging for the first 30 people that sign up, in exchange for their donation of paels or objects d'art that they will donate to our auction on Saturday night. This has all happened so fast.
BIG NEWS IS: BILL RIEDELl & NOEL WEBER are teaching a gold leaf workshop on the 10th & 11th!!!! And TONY SEGALE is teaching a brush lettering workshop, using water base paints.
We are having a Premier showing of the Sign Painters movie on Saturday night.
We are putting together a wweb site for info and sign up, etc and will post it here when we have it. In the meantime: The theme is Celebrate ART: Signs Thru Our Times.
I have sent an image to Barb, but I will send it to Kelly to post here. Been too busy to hang out here very much over the last two years.
We have got 22 people signed up already, please let me know if you want lodging and we will make it happen for you. After 30 RSVP's you will be on your own for lodging and we will post motels and hotels on the web site....(that we haven't finished making yet).
If you are interested in flying in, Oakland, Sacramento, or San Francisco are closest. But are anywhere from 2 to 3 hour drive, respectively.
This is going to be a real melting pot of "ol' guys" and "younguns". I have heard from some young folks that have NEVER been to a Letterhead Meet and are VERY excited about coming. If you have been in the business for a long time, remember your first meet? We owe it to the next generation to share what we know, as others have shared with us.
Please join us for a sharing time. It's not all vinyl out there.

--------------------
Judy Grossman
JG Signs & Designs
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370

Posts: 207 | From: Sonora, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Grossman
Visitor
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Grossman   Author's Homepage   Email Judy Grossman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's the poster, Barb? Do I need to be a resident to post pictures?

--------------------
Judy Grossman
JG Signs & Designs
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370

Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here it is Judy I just had to resize it for the BB

-

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2375 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Grossman
Visitor
Member # 235

THANKS Barb!

--------------------
Judy Grossman
JG Signs & Designs
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370

Judy Grossman
Visitor
Member # 235

I think I sent you one that was just the logo with a white background ton the front page of Letterville. If not, I can send it again.

--------------------
Judy Grossman
JG Signs & Designs
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370

Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't get that one Judy
so yes please resend.

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Bill Davidson
Visitor
Member # 531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Davidson   Email Bill Davidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judy Judy Judy...................
alive and well in Sonora !!!!!!!!!
Hiya woman.

--------------------
Bill'n'Annie Davidson
Heathcote, NSW, Aus.
my Aussie wife,
a Toohey's Old,
my Holden Ute,
Retired from the rat race!

Posts: 309 | From: Heathcote, NSW, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!