Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » A New Customer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A New Customer
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About two or three months ago I came upon this restaurant that has okay food, no customers and really boring signs. So along with lunch I dropped off a card and made my sales pitch. Yesterday the Guy calls me and wants new signs!!! Applause!!! He even has a new name for his restaurant. It is now called "Salsa 7" The new name is "Tacos Tequila" So let's see how it goes. Might have to do a video on this one.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3814 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking forward for the video!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so the guy is a Indian (India) doing a Mexican restaurant. As he put it "I have no budget, I have to use my own money" I'm still gonna take him on. His food gets good write ups on Yelp, but his restaurant entrance, building (Used to be a gas station) doesn't attract enough business. Let's see where this takes me!

--------------------
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987

Posts: 3814 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An interesting concept...

A "Mexindian" restaurant. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

"Tandoori Tacos" [Confused]

[ August 29, 2014, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Dave Grundy ]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So....do they dip the tacos in tequila; or do they cook the taco meat in a tequila-based sauce; or what? Could be worth a drive to Cali, depending......

Or, is this an Indian, trying to make a buck, who doesn't have a clue about Mexican food; but wants to make it sound like he does......?

Good luck, lady, with this one!

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

This here is what the place looks like now,,,
 - He has good food, but no not enough customers. Gee, I wonder why?

--------------------
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987

Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dale...Real Mexican food is not based on Tequila!! [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

(I am sure you were kidding)

But..in fact, most Mexican food is nothing like "Cali-Mex" nor "Tex-Mex" food. Usually the foods are pretty tasty but not hot. There are usually side condiments that one can use to add "heat" to one's own taste.

Different areas of Mexico have different styles of dishes, but I haven't found any to be overpowering as far as picante is concerned.

I think "Mexican Food" is an American fabrication/adaptation.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are certainly not going to hurt his appearance, Alicia.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Okay, so I emailed the guy an idea.,,
 -
He really liked the ideas plus my honesty.( I told him about a few repairs and cleaning he has to do at his restaurant) He now wants to just open a Mexcian bar and he would like for me to come up with the name. How ya like that.

--------------------
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987

Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://viralfury.com/this-restaurant-kept-getting-awful-reviews-then-they-discovered-something-mind-blowing/
I found this study interesting

[ August 31, 2014, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Rick Sacks ]

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6714 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Davidson
Visitor
Member # 531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Davidson   Email Bill Davidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And thast is the way it is, 10 years later....
confiscate the phones at the door.
Give the menu while they are waiting, then when ready to order, they get their table.
easy.

--------------------
Bill'n'Annie Davidson
Heathcote, NSW, Aus.
my Aussie wife,
a Toohey's Old,
my Holden Ute,
Retired from the rat race!

Posts: 309 | From: Heathcote, NSW, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shon lenzo
Visitor
Member # 1364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shon lenzo   Email shon lenzo       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember....
"A business with no sign...is a sign of no business!"
Gets them every time.
Be careful when doing food trade with a restaurant.
I have done that many times.
I have found that once you deliver the sign,
Often the restaurant owner considered the food credit you traded for...
.....as being "free" food for you.
As opposed to you having paid in advance.
I also found, that it is best to use up this credit,
Within one month of having completed the sign.
It's bogus when the restaurant owner days to you in pidgin English...."NO! Stir fry chicken is for paying customer only!!"
Or....." Sorry, I have to save that seafood for customers coming in later..., as opposed to,your free deal"
Both have happened to Me, and more.
Some restaurants close before you use up your credit!
Like one bakery I did signs for.
That really sucked, because the next biz was also a bakery...
And they just kept on using the same sign
that I did not get paid for in the first place!!
So, be careful trading with restaurants.
I don't recommend bartering more than $100 or 200,
At the most.....and try to use it up writhing thirty days of delivering.

[ September 02, 2014, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: shon lenzo ]

--------------------
Light and Shadow
Manzanita,Oregon
shonlenzo@hotmail.com

Posts: 286 | From: Manzanita,Oregon | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Sauls
Visitor
Member # 11321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Sauls   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Sauls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Avoid long trades sometimes the business owner passes away. I have had that happen to me.

--------------------
Bob Sauls
Sauls Signs & Designs
Tallahassee, Fl

"Today I'll meet nice people and draw for them!"

Posts: 765 | From: Tallahassee, Fl | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy Frisby
Resident

Member # 736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy Frisby   Email Roy Frisby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always traded for lettuce, that kind with Andrew Jackson or Ben Franklin,s picture on it. get the idea? better still, get your money up front, he may forget how to speak English when it's time to pay the bill.

[ September 02, 2014, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Roy Frisby ]

--------------------
Frisby Signs, Inc.
El Dorado, Arkansas

Posts: 902 | From: El Dorado, Arkansas, USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Today the guy called me. He wants to call his place "Wild Tequila Bar"

--------------------
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!