Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » House update (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: House update
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not as exciting as Joe's bathroom renovation but we've been making progress on the house of late. Peter and Hailey's recent wedding in the backyard gave us a date to work to. There's still lots to do but it is looking better.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shirley Carron
Visitor
Member # 2446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shirley Carron   Email Shirley Carron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks so great Dan; what a place to call home.

You know, I'm looking at your tagline and thinking "Being Dan's grandchild is one of the most wonderful things"...how many kids wish visiting their grandparents house looked like this?!

Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
Shirley Carron
Black Sheep Designs
184 John St. N.
Arnprior,On.,Canada
shirleyc@magma.ca
613-623-7053

Posts: 503 | From: Arnprior, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkers
Resident

Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkers   Author's Homepage   Email Checkers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that's what I call curb appeal.
As usual, excellent job and thanks for sharing [Smile]

Havin' fun,

Checkers

--------------------
a.k.a. Brian Born
www.CheckersCustom.com
Harrisburg, Pa
Work Smart, Play Hard

Posts: 3775 | From: Harrisburg, Pa. U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, really cool! Thanks for the update.

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1266 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is truly amazing Dan. The work you guys and the subcontractors you employed did is outstanding.
I gotta see it in person. Are dogs allowed on the property?

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your work always leaves me speechless

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea, it's OK. Kinda plain. [Smile]

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the kind comments.

Bec and Phoebe currently live with us, occupying the upstairs rooms. Last year, just after we moved in Phoebe's teacher was walking by one day and stopped to talk to me as I was out working in the yard. She informed me that Phoebe had told her some tall stories and she was concerned. The teacher said that 'Phoebe got to her room through a secret staircase inside a tree and then crossed a vaulted bridge over the living room to get to her bedroom.' The teacher thought it all a lie. I invited the teacher into the house to see for herself. It turned out Phoebe wasn't stretching the truth.

As long as you are on a leash and pick up any droppings on the new grass I'll be happy to welcome you Duncan. [Smile]

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great story. I guess it would be hard to believe if you haven't seen it with your own eyes. Phoebe is going to have to struggle with that response her whole life...but she will have great memories of her Grandpa!

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duncan,

You need to come up with some sculpted concrete "leavings" for Dan's yard.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're setting up as I write this. Great minds.....

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic!

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1873 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people are just plain gifted...they are special...a notch above all others...you know I take a look at Dan's magnificent house and it gives me pause to think...I should really find some time and fix that hindge on my front door...I should do that.

[ August 21, 2014, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rusty...I know a guy in Pensacola that would be perfect to assist you in getting that door hinge fixed!!! Heck, while he is at it, he could probably fix your bathroom shower too!!!! [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice one Dave...this guy wouldn't happen to have a Santa Claus fetish would he.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truly an architectural masterpiece by a one in many millions.
Seriously planning a trip in 2015.

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

If I had to name one element in Dan's house that I think makes the most difference...at least in the front view...it would have to be the giant tree trunks.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe designing remarkable houses should be Dan's semi retirement venture.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simply Awesome... I thought you were in the country from all previous Posts... Curb appeal is an understatement!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have the best of all worlds. We live on the main drag of a small town but have a small acreage. We can walk to everything but are surrounded by other small acreages too. Neighbors are close but not too close. The view is spectacular.

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

One good thing about Dan's location is that everything is only "half a block away".

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no ray....not only that but HE AINT IN TEXAS)))))HEHEHEHEHEHEE

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Neither are you...thankfully. [Smile]

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was born there.......PARIS, TX......but i dont tell anybody about it))))hahahahahahaha

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Joe...is it true that you shot a man over a cow and that's why you had to leave Texas.

[ August 25, 2014, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Everyone makes Texas a better place - some by coming and some by leaving. [Smile]

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

well ........ray, seein as i aint in texas......and you are......i can understand why you say that. but as someone living outside texas....you need a lot more to LEAVE....to make it worth livin there))))hahahahahahahaha

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Whatever happened to the cow?

[ August 26, 2014, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Wonder why we have more coming to Texas than those leaving? We have to build fences to keep people out rather than keep them in. Anyone can leave anytime they want.

Rusty, I think the cow is now in Florida. [Smile]

[ August 26, 2014, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Raymond Chapman ]

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

ray you can have rusty.....last time i was in texas was lackland AFB.....and the TI said the only 2 things from texas....steers & republicans))))) and that both of them..........was full of the 1st's excrement))))hahahahahahahahahaha

[ August 26, 2014, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

I try to start my mornings off in a positive way and try to find something nice to say even when it's hard...so in light of that spirit...and after reading Joe's above post...I find it encouraging that maybe his spelling is getting better...he actually spelled "excrement" correctly...and that is "sumthing" I can feel good about.

[ August 27, 2014, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Good for you Rusty. I admire your outlook.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas

David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, you've stepped in it...

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know, I look at the photos on this thread and others on the BB, and I wonder why no one looks younger than 50 (except the ladies and Dave).

"Letterville, A senior living community"

And now I've stepped in it...

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Dave's photo is thirty years old.

The rest of us have all that experience etched into our face.

And then there's OP...he's just "so pretty".

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

I found Joe's photo from when he first joined on here at Letterville years ago...his face might look a little older now but the mullet is still awesome.

-

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

hay rusty....just for you i hope i burn out your eyes...and yes I AM SO PRETTY.......ANY MORE wize azz pics and iam gona put the OLDPAINT IN GREEN SPEEDOS........on ya))))))
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LZ35Ar3r2k [IMG]  - [/IMG]

[ August 27, 2014, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Ok...so I see they got the top half of your surgery done...when are you scheduled for the complete change over.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rusty, you win the internet.

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

[Wink]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!