Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Sold My Business Aug 15/14

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sold My Business Aug 15/14
Lori Wilcox
Resident

Member # 8042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori Wilcox   Email Lori Wilcox       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bittersweet - Sold my business on Friday.

-

It was a business I LOVED! It was a good run. 2014 marks 30 years in the graphics industry. Better to sell while I had a buyer interested - the more I have to be away to be with my Mom, clients may go down the street and there won't be a business. I have an awesome employee, but she is only able to work very part-time, but it's not enough for this journey. She will continue to work with the new owners. Sold to our largest client who subcontracted us to do signs larger than they can make. Got a big hug from the new owner, thanking us for all the great work over the years. Yup, made me cry - PhotoShop couldn't even fix that face!

Loved all the support from my friends at Letterville - it's where I learned everything I needed to know. You all answered my questions and assisted me when I needed help - THANK YOU! Great search feature also. Letterville was my go to place first thing in the morning while having coffee. Checked in at least three times daily. I think I'll still check in every now and then, just 'cause I can! Take care!!

Had to post a pic of the front and the back of the shop - I'm gonna miss that Tabby Cat!

-

Lori Wilcox
Hinton, AB

Posts: 306 | From: Hinton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, and take care of Mom. You only get one of those treasures!

As far as the back of the shop is concerned, I hope anyone who ever got in that room missed the tabby cat and hit the commode instead...

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lori!!!!! It must feel weird stepping away from your "baby". It's a love hate relationship we have with our businesses. Stepping away is not easy, but when you have a buyer ready to step in, ya gotta make a move.
I wish you and your family all the best. It's been fun chatting with you from time to time. The coffee's always on when you come to town.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shirley Carron
Visitor
Member # 2446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shirley Carron   Email Shirley Carron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best Wishes Lori!
Maybe, if you have some free time, you could go give Joe a hand with his bathroom issue. I bet he'd like one like that!

--------------------
Shirley Carron
Black Sheep Designs
184 John St. N.
Arnprior,On.,Canada
shirleyc@magma.ca
613-623-7053

Posts: 503 | From: Arnprior, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time to enjoy your retirement!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best of luck to you in your future!
-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck, Lori!!! And it's wonderful that you are caring for your mom.

I'm just completing a several-month ordeal of taking care of/and losing my mom/ settling her estate affairs. Very saddening experience.

Most moms gave us a lot throughout our lives; mine did......and she deserved my best, in her time of need. So does yours.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Donahue
Resident

Member # 3624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Donahue   Author's Homepage   Email James Donahue   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I copy & pasted this from "The Word", which is free Bible software. Good stuff.

Ecclesiastes chapter 3:
1 To every [thing there is] a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: 2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up [that which is] planted; 3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; 4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; 7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

--------------------
James Donahue
Donahue Sign Arts
1851 E. Union Valley Rd.
Seymour TN. (865) 577-3365 brushman@nxs.net

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch,
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2057 | From: 1033 W. Union Valley Rd. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lori, Congratulations on your new Chapter, How EXCITING! [Smile]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You only get 1 Mom. And Ditto to what James wrote.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3813 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations indeed! All the best.. I'm hoping to sell in a few years myself....

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best of luck to you in the future...and like Dale said...it is honorable to care for an aging parent... seems like often roles get reversed as parents age...we become the care giver and the they become the child...just as I suppose it might also be with us...I took care of my mom most of her last 2 years...when her dementia got really bad she would call and report me to the police for not obeying some of her demands...many of which became pretty preposturous...although she could carry on believable conversations with the cops...I never worried because the police never got the first message...she would make the calls using her tv remote...knowing my mon she would not mind me telling this story on her...in her right mind she would have gotten quite a kick out of her crazy antics...when she could...she had always been there for me...the least I could do was be there for her when she became incapable of caring for herself...so Lori...my advice to you would be to live your life so as to have no regrets...you will be the better person for it.

[ August 22, 2014, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lori

Enjoy your retirement.
How did you do the bathroom floor? That is awesome!

Diane

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1695 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Best of luck to you in the future...and like Dale said...it is honorable to care for an aging parent... seems like often roles get reversed as parents age...we become the care giver and the they become the child...just as I suppose it might also be with us...I took care of my mom most of her last 2 years...when her dementia got really bad she would call and report me to the police for not obeying some of her demands...many of which became pretty preposturous...although she could carry on believable conversations with the cops...I never worried because the police never got the first message...she would make the calls using her tv remote...knowing my mon she would not mind me telling this story on her...in her right mind she would have gotten quite a kick out of her crazy antics...when she could...she had always been there for me...the least I could do was be there for her when she became incapable of caring for herself...so Lori...my advice to you would be to live your life so as to have no regrets...you will be the better person for it.

Well stated Rusty...Shirley and I have been through that situation with both of our mothers. At the time it was frustrating for us, but we hung in because of all that our mothers had done for us in earlier years.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best of wishes Lori, and yes, you only get one chance with your parents. I say that looking back as I was near my father in Fl and away from my Mom, then when my father moved to IL I was in Ohio/ I miss them both very much as they have passed away. I am so happy that you will enjoy being near yours and get any help that you can for the situation.

You will do fine and maybe another time come back to signs or maybe your path will take you somewhere else in life.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Miner
Visitor
Member # 6472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Miner   Email Donald Miner       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a friend that had to care for his mother and complained, until I offered to trade places with him. He asked me why, I simply told him "I lost my mom when I was 18 months old" you are lucky to have a mom to care for. Needless to say his tune changed.

--------------------
Donald Miner
ABCO Wholesale Neon
1168 Red Hill Creek
Dobson, NC

Posts: 842 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am the youngest of 4 children, and when my Dad died in 2000 my Mom picked me as the one to take care of her checking account, do her grocery shopping, clothes shopping, pick up meds, take her to doctors, and anywhere else she wanted to go.

I never complained to Mom, but I did ask my wife more than a few times, "Why do I have to do all this stuff?"

Mom died in 2003, and I would LOVE to be able to take her shopping now.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2275 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!