Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Need to migrate our FrontPage site to new software, help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need to migrate our FrontPage site to new software, help!
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've recently replaced all our XP computers with Win 7. For years I've used FrontPage to build and manage our site. Microsoft abandoned FrontPage years ago.
I have the discs for FrontPage 98 and an upgrade disc to FrontPage 200?. As I understand it, I could run my latest version on Win 7 however because it is an upgrade, I first have to load FP 98 and that is not possible on Win 7.
Our site is in need of updating of content. Does any one, know of a way to: A. Run our FrontPage on Win7 or B to migrate the page to another program like Dreamweaver without too much effort?

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
go ahead and get worpress. ITs very easy to operate. And you can do it yourself. There are million of templates you can modify. Plus its FREE. It will take you about 3 hours to get up online. Most webhosts have scripts to install it for you. its way to easy not to sue it.

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duncan, have you tried Adobe's Muse?

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Raap
Resident

Member # 3632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Raap   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Raap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We also use Muse.

--------------------
Dennis Raap
Raap Signs

Posts: 839 | From: Coopersville, MI | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate win 7 & 8!
Hate is a strong word I use rarely, too.
I still have a box that has XP on it and any web stuff or corel work must be done on the old box.
OK I am a dinosaur. Since I am out of the sign business now, my needs are less than before, except for web work. As long as it ain't broke, don't fix it!

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting Preston...I currently have computers with XP, Win 7 and Win 8.1 installed. I like all of them, but each one involved a learning curve just like the progression from DOS to Win and then all of the following incarnations.

I still run CorelDraw X3 and Microsoft Office Suite XP (actually I haven't run into any program/utility that I am used to and like that won't run) on all of my computers with no problems.

The only thing I had to do was break down and buy a new all-in-one printer/scanner/copier when I got the Win 8.1 machine because my "old faithful" Canon printer and flatbed scanner wouldn't work with Win 8.1 (actually the scanner wouldn't work with Win 7 either, so it was time to upgrade anyway) The new printer/scanner cost $49 and is wireless enabled so all the machines can use it.

Like you, I am no longer in the business and am almost a dinasour (age 70), but I definitely don't object to change any more. In fact, now that I am retired I have lots of time to research, adopt and embrace new technology as it emerges.

I am loving the new solid state drive I just installed last week.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!