Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Scroll border vectors....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scroll border vectors....
Marty Happy
Resident

Member # 302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marty Happy   Author's Homepage   Email Marty Happy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A number of years ago I purchased some scroll type vector art from a website specializing in selling individual pieces. I checked the merchant Vector Art and they don't have what I'm looking for. Can anyone direct me to other sites?

Thanks... Marty

--------------------
Happy Signing...... Marty

M.F. (Marty) Happy
Signmaker Since 1974
Happy Ad Sign & Design
Regina SK, Canada S4N 5K4
306-789-9567
happyad@sasktel.net
www.happyad.ca

Get Happy & Get Noticed!

Posts: 773 | From: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DIDNT mike jackson have some? don copland did some on a cd......

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Google images has many that you can buy individually - and many that Dave Smith developed also...

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike Jackson and David Butler both have available CD's but not individual pieces of clip art for sale, as far as I know.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
iclipart.com

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brad Ferguson
Resident

Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad Ferguson   Email Brad Ferguson       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marty,
I have been buying vectors from Dollar Photo Club since it launched in February. It seems to be geared toward low volume purchasers of of art and photos.

Brad in Kansas City

--------------------
Brad Ferguson
See More Signs
7931 Wornall Rd
Kansas City, MO 64111
signbrad@yahoo.com
816-739-7316

Posts: 1230 | From: Kansas City, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ron Percell at letterheadsignsupply.com carries my Palm's Trilogy. These are "hand vectorized" straight from the 1800's Palm Brothers catalog, which provided screenprinted gold water decals to bank safe companies, sewing machine companies, etc. Hand vectorized means they were created, line by line, using Illustrator, not ran through a sloppy instant vector program. Most of the images took from 4 to 12 hours to create. Many are very ornate, as you would expect from artwork from that period. Ron has some jpeg images on his site. The 3 CD set is also available for purchase individually.

Ron also carries David Butler's very fine clip art. David is one of the most talented fellows in the biz, and it shows in all of his clip art!

I'm fairly sure that Mike Jackson only sells his clip art through his own site. I don't recall the site url, but I'm sure he would show up towards the top of a Google search.

A lot depends on how you need to use the art. Mike's is probably the most useful for sandblasted signs, as it has more bulk and better for cutting sandblast mask. As I pointed out, the Palm's art is very ornate, and probably more suited to printing, as much of it would be a pain to weed in vinyl.

I own both Mike and David's clip art, and guarantee that both are top notch all the way. But, of course, I'd prefer you buy mine. [Wink]

None of us offer individual pieces, so far as I'm aware.

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Donahue
Resident

Member # 3624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Donahue   Author's Homepage   Email James Donahue   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"4 to 12 hours to create"
Is that all? I have a sample of those scrolls; the work is as close to perfection as man has ever come. I've done a bit of vectorizing myself; for me, each curve can take some re-adjusting, and then there's making it flow into the next curve. Very nice work.

--------------------
James Donahue
Donahue Sign Arts
1851 E. Union Valley Rd.
Seymour TN. (865) 577-3365 brushman@nxs.net

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch,
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2057 | From: 1033 W. Union Valley Rd. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Evans
Visitor
Member # 44

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Evans   Email Bruce Evans       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
vectorstock.com has loads of that kind of stuff, usually for $1

--------------------
Bruce Evans
Crown Graphics
Chino, CA
graphics@westcoach.net

Posts: 910 | From: Chino, CA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!