Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Yup... Winter is here...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yup... Winter is here...
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a picture taken in a residence in a community to the south of us...
 -

"Holy Cwap on a Cwacker!!!
I'm going back to bed... awaken me in April."

[ December 03, 2013, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Duncan Wilkie ]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4350 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really miss that cwap Duncan!!!! [Rolling On The Floor]

We do follow the Canadian weather and we had expected that a friend of ours was due to fly out of Calgary tomorrow to come down to his house here. We called his wife last evening and he was able to get out of Alberta yesterday morning. He is currently in shorts and T shirt in San Bruno Yucatan. Unfortunately, his wife won't be flying down for another 10 days and she is freezing!.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8874 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha Ha Duncan....you live in the other Canada, east of the Coastal and Rocky mountains. We heard you were at -30....OOh that must be cold!

Here, west of those mountains and near the ocean, we rarely get much snow, and our temps may get to -8 at the worst....touch wood, now watch us get a huge dump of snow....keep your shovels handy!!! Be safe.

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Safe to assume the kids will get a snow day away from school? Or is that just considered a 2 hour delay?

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I lived in Calgary as a child, I remember the back door completely buried in snow. Us kids thought it was awesome and dug a tunnel to get out. I don't think my parents shared our feelings about the whole situation...

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No kidding David, I'm thinking there is only one place to put the snow you dug out... in the house!

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe that's why Mom and Dad thought the way they did!

The front door was serviceable, however, I'm sure way too much of the snow ended up in the house.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Cieslowski
Resident

Member # 2429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Cieslowski   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Cieslowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorta like living in New England.....

https://growingbolder.com/186762/forum/new-england-neighbors-forum/discussions/humor-jeff-foxworthy-on-new-214729.html

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

--------------------
Joe Cieslowski
Connecticut Woodcarvers Gallery
P.O.Box 368
East Canaan CT 06024
jcieslowski@snet.net
860-824-0883

Posts: 2345 | From: East Canaan CT 06024 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somebody needs to stock that cooler with Moosehead!

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched that cat dig for 10 minutes, and I can't tell that he's getting anywhere at all.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2273 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In that case .... here is a good solution!

-

[ December 05, 2013, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Si Allen ]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's about all that stuff is good for Si.

Thirty-some years of Ohio weather (not quite as bad as that) climbing around on booms and ladders in the ice and snow....done with that!!

We maybe get an inch or two (that lasts a few hours), but mostly, it stays above freezing and even in the 50's-60's over the winter. I only want to see it, in pictures or on TV anymore.

[ December 05, 2013, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Dale Feicke ]

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

We got an inch of ice last night. Our power only flickered a few times, however, there are 210,000 people without power in Dallas. I got flashlights and an indoor propane heater and battery operated fan ready in the house last night in case we lost power. We may get more sleet tomorrow and Sunday.

This morning, I found numerous limbs down from our trees and our neighbor's tree. I spent most of the day outside with the chainsaw cutting up the downed limbs in both yards and hauling them to the curb. The temperature stayed in the 20ºs today and will go to 17ºF or so tonight and the next few nights. I found it invigorating to be out there all day.

I plan on camping in the back yard tonight to test a new sleeping bag/bivy combo. My mother said I fell on my head quite a bit as a child, which probably explains it all...

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

goddinfla
Visitor
Member # 1502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goddinfla   Email goddinfla   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We got an inch in 1977. They shut down interstates. It was 83 today.

--------------------
Dennis Goddard

Gibsonton Fl

Posts: 1050 | From: Tampa Fl USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David, yer sposed to keep them limbs fer firewood when the power goes out.

We got 1/4" of ice followed by a whopping 2" of snow yesterday, but the sun is shining today, and it's alredy up to 14 degrees. Should get more ice and more snow tomorrow.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2273 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This morning I had a truck truck come. Just a quick vinyl lettering job. Log trucks don't fit into the shop all of the way. No biggie. I hit the door with some Windex and then the Windex frooze on the door. I've never seen Windex freeze. I had to whip out the heat gun to get the job done. Outside temp while working was about 19 degrees. "At least was in the shade!"

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The snow has stopped here, now it's bloody cold. It's -20C, which is about 10 degrees warmer than yesterday, so I can't complain. A least it's a dry cold.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4350 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

There's still about a hundred thousand people without power in Dallas. We actually had about 3 inches of ice. My grandson and I played flag football today on a windswept frozen field. Even though grandpa did slip on pass coverage and bruise his shoulder, all had a good time.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Snow here yet.. I don't care for it anyway...I like the cool weather all the same...

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL

I don't know what to laugh at more... Don's comment on the dig gone bad cat, or Dennis' one inch of highway mayhem.

Our BC coast shovels oddly look like umbrellas...

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL

I don't know what to laugh at more... Don's comment on the dig gone bad cat, or Dennis' one inch of highway mayhem.

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

ROFL

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada

Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

ROFL

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada

Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

What happens when a cat attacks a snowball?

-

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!