Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » CorelDraw - Setting question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CorelDraw - Setting question
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

Making final 'CorelDraw' customization modifications within the program, on my new laptop.

Question: I was able to tweak the size of my CD toolbox and command bars, but would like to make my individual tools appear larger on-screen..... (I had to carefully word that sentence ;-)

My screen res is 1920 X 1080 (HD)..... so my 'Pick Tool' and other Toolbox tools is very small. I'd like to enlarge them like I did my toolbox and command bar icons.

Is this possible? And if so, would you be kind enough to walk me through the process? I tried to locate this setting in 'Options' and 'Customization'.... but failed to find it.

Thanks.

[ May 18, 2013, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Todd Gill ]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Gene Adkins
Merchant

Member # 882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Gene Adkins   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Gene Adkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's a good question

hopefully the corel corp. people who hang out here will answer that question

and no matter how carefully you word it, talking about your small tool is always going to be funny, or at the very least, snicker inducing ...

--------------------
Michael Gene Adkins
The Fontry
1576 S Hwy 59
Watts OK 74964

Posts: 845 | From: Watts, OK USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shirley Carron
Visitor
Member # 2446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shirley Carron   Email Shirley Carron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I snickered too.

--------------------
Shirley Carron
Black Sheep Designs
184 John St. N.
Arnprior,On.,Canada
shirleyc@magma.ca
613-623-7053

Posts: 503 | From: Arnprior, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TODD.....no amount of manipulation will increase your tool size))))))

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stein Saether
Resident

Member # 430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stein Saether   Email stein Saether       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about having 2 screens, one for toools and one for the drawing?

--------------------
Stein Saether
GullSkilt AS
Trondheim

Posts: 1183 | From: Trondheim Norway | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Just below the last tool, in the empty area on toolbox, right click and click Lock toolbar to unlock the toolbar (by default it is locked)

2) Now, right click on any tool and then go to Customize > Toolbox Toolbar. Over here, you have three options for buttons; Small, Medium & Large.

3) By default it is Small. You can change to Medium or Large as it suits you.

4) And lastly, don't forget to lock toolbar back by following first step again.

You can do this for any toolbar icon by right clicking on it.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glenn, what version of corel are you speaking of? i have X3......this dont work in it.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I already SuperSized my tools - yes I have more than one. ;-)

But those are in the 'toolbar' itself.

My problem is that whatever tool is selected... and moving around on screen as my 'cursor'..... whether it be the 'pick' tool, or the 'node' tool, or whatever.... it is sadly, a very small tool.

It is the 'active' cursor tool that I want larger.... the one that moves with each movement of the mouse.

Does that make sense.

PS - OP, You seem to be pretty confident about your review on manipulation not helping tool size. I am guessing that was derived from plenty of practice???? Har har har. :-)

PSS - you should quite planting Zucchini's in your garden, it's giving you an inferiority complex.

[ May 18, 2013, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Todd Gill ]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

WOMEN...supersized my tools.....YOU doin your own?hyahahahahahaha

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
X6

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Todd,

I suspect that the size of the active tool controlled by Windows itself.

You may find this helpful... http://etc.usf.edu/techease/4all/vision/how-do-i-change-the-cursor-options-in-windows-7/

I'm thinking that if you can change the size of the pointer, the same will happen while in Corel.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Well, scratch that idea.

The curser would enlarge as it moved over the toolbox but once on the workpage, the cursor returned to normal size. I'll keep looking.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use the cross hair cursor. To me, it's more precise... and it's always the same size.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!