Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Paints - anybody using QHF's Q-COAT AC?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paints - anybody using QHF's Q-COAT AC?
ScooterX
Resident

Member # 2023

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ScooterX   Author's Homepage   Email ScooterX       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been speaking with various paint companies (1-Shot/PPG, Ronan, and others) trying to figure out if there are any paints I can use that require fewer than 5 coats (primer, 2 coats of color, and 2 coats of UV clear) to get at least 5 years of durability on a south facing wall...

Now I'm looking at Q-COAT AC (their 1-step paint, can be applied on site with brush or roller). Does anybody here have any experience with it?

--------------------
:: Scooter Marriner ::
:: Coyote Signs ::
:: Oakland, CA ::
:: still a beginner ::
::

Posts: 1356 | From: Oakland (and San Francisco) | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I painted a eight x eight signply sign 7 years ago in red with white letters. I used Sherwin Williams metal latex. Full sun! I look at it frequently as I do alot of other work for the Kia store, there. I just looked at it on Monday, to be clear. No fading and no adhesion problems. Two coats over white latex primer. I mean no fading! The other side faces north and it is easy to compare. I have to admit that the paint and the red have held up much better than One Shot would ever.

SW still makes Metal latex, but they have a better one now. Not sure how they could ever improve on it, but they say they have. It runs about $60 a gallon? Less than One Shot.

If your wall is masonry, I would try this. I did a giant RAM logo (with a 3" roller) two years ago in red and it looks great, but it is only two years old, now. Have numerous others I used Metal Latex on and the stuff is pretty jake in my book.

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1561 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!