Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » New lease of life in more ways than one

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New lease of life in more ways than one
Henry Barker
Resident

Member # 174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Barker   Author's Homepage   Email Henry Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Havent been around BB's for sometime, apart from facebook, got pretty fed up a couple of years ago had 4-5 people working here, and things just got really expensive and horrible, no life, no time, just feeding the machine, but at the end of the day there was little left for me, in fact after paying everybody I found myself, in june 2011 going severely minus on my account but had loads of work. Had planned later that year to buy a new router but waited, to make things better, then had some health scare after a routine scan, which is operated and ok now, so last autumn after catching up and now working on my own again, (have a new guy starting in may), I placed the order for my new router, which turned up last week.

So I once again have loads of enthusiasm to try out new things and have some fun at work, as much of your life is spent here, and try to have better control and balance over things more, family versus work, life is really too short.

Am going to look in abit more often [Smile]

-

--------------------
Henry Barker #1924akaKaftan
SignCraft AB
Stockholm,
Sweden.
A little bit of England in a corner of Stockholm www.signcraft.se www.facebook.com/signcraftsweden

Posts: 1552 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see you fixed some problems in your life.
Is it me, or is that router larger than the normal.
Looks huge.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it ain't fun, why do it? Good to know you're back on track Henry - come on over in July and sling some paint with the Walldogs.....

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Arnott
Resident

Member # 215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Arnott   Email John Arnott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see you back again Henry. I thought you were having too much fun lately. With all the traveling you've been doing. Now I understand why!
Sometimes you need to put life in the right order! Been there....done that.
It should "ALL" be fun at this point in our lives!
I'm only doing what I like now and love it!
I just love my router too!
I was thinking about another European vacation again. Maybe I could stop by your shop.........

--------------------
John Arnott
El Cajon CA
619 596-9989
signgraphics1@aol.com
http://www.signgraphics1.com

Posts: 1443 | From: El Cajon CA usa | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Back Henry!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the prayer wheel Henry...

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Back Henry....I've missed your posts.
That is a gigantic router....good luck with your new adventure.

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Barker
Resident

Member # 174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Barker   Author's Homepage   Email Henry Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks..John you would be more than welcome, on top of that Sweden is a beautiful country, and they call Stockholm the Venice of the north.

I have loved working with signs and when I grew my business I wasn't doing what I wanted to do I was doing everything to just keep the wheels turning, over here you pay about the same again as an employee earns in taxes and employer costs, so it all just got too much, I was running around stressing busy and wondering why...

Last year with 2 we turned over the same as 4 the year before and since October I have been on my own and done about the same each month.

David the sheet materials in Europe are often 2030mm x 3050mm and on my old axyz I had 1525mm x 3050mm, so I had to cut down larger sheets all the time.

This machine is 2100mm x 3100mm work area but the machine itself is about 4.5m x 3.4m in size and 3.5 m high. The factory have been brilliant, in building a machine I would like rather than just having to pick a model number, it's got huge clearance under the cutter, but maintains a travel speed of 60m per minute, compared to the axyz at 12 , I finally have a tool changer, I have other options wired on for the future, and it has a 3d laser scanner that will scan any 3d object anywhere on the table, it's built using same components they use for 5 axis machines, and weighs about 4 tonnes, so a little learning curve, but looking forward to some fun.

Sonny I would love to come over , we will see how things are , I miss meeting people at live meets, fly to London in a couple of weeks to see my oldest daughters work she is studying at University Arts in London. Life is much better now, we just had an amazing holiday/ honeymoon, although it was a year late! In southern Jordan.

Off to work now, all the best, Henry

--------------------
SignCraft AB
Stockholm,
Sweden.
A little bit of England in a corner of Stockholm www.signcraft.se www.facebook.com/signcraftsweden

Posts: 1552 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice router Henry! I am so glad to hear you are getting a handle on things. I knew you would. Now I look forward to some incredible work!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sixty metres a minute - that's one metre a second! Wow! It'd probably fly out the door if you didn't bolt it down, and that's a huge Z axis servo & pillar there...

I'm glad all's back to 'normal' or 'sanity' again for you, Henry!

It was seeing those Nokia golden hands of yours here that originally inspired me to seriously think about getting our router, in the end.

Thanks! [Smile]

[ April 24, 2013, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: Ian Stewart-Koster ]

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Barker
Resident

Member # 174

It's fitted with high speed servos, not that you can rout that fast, but when it changes tools and moves between parts it's very quick, it could have been built higher but not with same servos.

I am trying to do my regular jobs now to catch up abit but keep going over and going through the motions getting familiar with a new control system......it's hadn't all really sunk in but is beginning too more and more as is the excitement, it was ordered 20 weeks ago, but although its about 6 weeks to build they have so much booked in now so I had to wait.

I visited the factory where they build anything you want, it was a great experience, they build fibre laser machines that accelerate with 2g and cut 2metres a second in steel, water jet. Cutters loads of different types sizes and configuration. The owner is a genius type, who just lives for cnc, and has loads working there who seem just as passionate.

--------------------
SignCraft AB
Stockholm,
Sweden.

Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Henry,

So glad to see that things are getting better.

Glad to hear that you decided to pull-back.

The router looks like it will be a lot of fun.

I hope to see you again at another meet some day.

Peace,
Bob

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1873 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That router looks about the size of my shop... really.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Henry, that router looks like you could get in it and be transported to your dream vacations and back refreshed. I don't think I've seen anything like it.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6713 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I saw something like that once in a Frankenstein movie.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see you back, Henry, and things are better, sometimes we get on a different path but eventually find our heart and way back to what we love to do; and you are so right: "life is too short".

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!