Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » "The Candy Man" Starring Mike Meyer, SignPainter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "The Candy Man" Starring Mike Meyer, SignPainter
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
almost through with it...

http://youtu.be/vJ5wfmG4fvU

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a hoot guys. Well done in all aspects.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Duncan, It was fun. heehee

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a HOOT!! You guys are whacked!!!!!!!!!!!!

And tell Mike to get that damn respirator on!

"Signs you can read" I love that!!

Mike Meyer....aka "Mr. Space-Man"

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Draper   Email Dave Draper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet! I checked the "like" box.
Let me ask this: YouTube is getting real cranky with copyright infringement, so they let you use
the Sammy Davis Jr. song? Or could you still get
sued...like by the Davis Estate or whoever holds the rights?
I was at the understanding you have to give the work credit, and add "No Copyright Infringement Intended" and probably get permission, with proof.

Having some fun is one thing, but using it for a plug for a business is much different. And it looks more than "just for fun" to me! [I Don t Know]

[ April 04, 2013, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: Dave Draper ]

--------------------
Draper The Signmaker / Monumental Designs
http://www.monumentaldesigns.com

Posts: 2883 | From: Bloomington Illinois USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Sauls
Visitor
Member # 11321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Sauls   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Sauls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Mark was poking fun at his friend Mr. Meyer, not plugging his own business. I am quite certain that neither will see a dime of profit from it. Unless you count smiles as payment.

--------------------
Bob Sauls
Sauls Signs & Designs
Tallahassee, Fl

"Today I'll meet nice people and draw for them!"

Posts: 765 | From: Tallahassee, Fl | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Dave Draper, I did not realize you were an attorney. come on man, lighten up. geez.

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see it's the same old folks at Letterville. I promise I will not post anymore videos to damage you sensibilites Dave.  -

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bye!
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo Davila   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo Davila   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW !!.....Dave, the man only came to share.....not to be lectured on copyrights infringements.

RD

P.S. -- If you feel so strongly about copyrights, why don't you call him on the phone, instead?

[ April 04, 2013, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Ricardo Davila ]

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
Showroom Window Advertising
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Posts: 1180 | From: Edmond, Oklahoma | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved it! ...but I can't get the song out of my head! [Razz]

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is hilarious. Well done!

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Draper   Email Dave Draper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to do the same thing.

I don't want to get sued!

I have AVS Video editor(paid for version) and I am learning how to make videos. I also wanted to put some music in the clips without writing original music.

But I don't understand YouTube's copyright infringement rules. I see copyrighted material posted all the time.

Sorry you took it the wrong way. I mean no disrespect. I was asking a legit question, at least I thought I was.

My sincere apology.

And, I have watched it several times to see how you did things, and I now appreciate how hard it is to put a good vid together.

[ April 05, 2013, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: Dave Draper ]

--------------------
Draper The Signmaker / Monumental Designs
http://www.monumentaldesigns.com

Posts: 2883 | From: Bloomington Illinois USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Sauls
Visitor
Member # 11321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Sauls   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Sauls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All is good. Let's smile and shake on it.

--------------------
Bob Sauls
Sauls Signs & Designs
Tallahassee, Fl

Posts: 765 | From: Tallahassee, Fl | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the video was neat. The van ain't bad either!

I don't really see any infringement attempt either, as it was done in a comical way.

Sensitivities are too rampant, these days. Get over it! Have some fun!

I actually hate that song; but it goes along with the look, theme and idea of the clip.

And Mark, I hope you're OK, after the "Big Supplosion".

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it sounded to me like Draper was just warning him he might get sued, not "lecturing" him. If I was setting myself up for a fall, I'd appreciate someone taking the trouble to warn me.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo Davila   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo Davila   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dennis,

No matter how hard you try, I will not even touch this one with a ten foot pole......Better luck, next time......Sorry.

Have a nice week end, old man.

RD

P.S --Nice try, Dennis......Really!

[ April 05, 2013, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: Ricardo Davila ]

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Posts: 1180 | From: Edmond, Oklahoma | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must be missing something here. Dont know what you mean, Ricardo. And I'm not putting on.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

considering there will be a total of maybe 50 people who see this video, I do not have any worries about copyright infringement. Too much political correctness into days world.
If I paid for this to run on the NBC Nightly News, I would have plenty to worry about.

[Smile]

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

Bob Sauls
Visitor
Member # 11321

[ April 07, 2013, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Bob Sauls ]

--------------------
Bob Sauls
Sauls Signs & Designs
Tallahassee, Fl

Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Dennis,

Here we go again....you are about to find out, soon, what you think you missed....

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Philip Steffen
Visitor
Member # 2235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Philip Steffen   Email Philip Steffen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The video is off you tube now. Bummer.

--------------------
Phil Steffen,
29 Van Rensselaer St
City of Saratoga Springs DPW
Saratoga Springs NY 12866

Posts: 563 | From: beautiful Saratoga Springs NY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

The World Premiere of the long awaited movie...
"The Candy Man" Starring Mike Meyer SignPainter.
Be sure and watch to the bitter end for more upcoming movies starring Mike Meyer, SignPainter...

https://vimeo.com/63769892

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx fer fixin it, Mark!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was hilarious !
I love that tag line "Signs you can read."
I see so many signs that probably read well on a computer screen that fail in the field. How many printed magnetics do you see that you can't read from a couple parking spaces away when they're not even moving? Thanks for this film and morning cheer.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6713 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

I said it before, and I'll say it again.....
YOU GUYS ARE WHACKED!!!!! Love it!

Hey Mark, don't know if it's still true or not, but years ago, I read where copyrights on recorded music were only good for 10 years. So I don't think you've got any real worries. I'm not tellin' anybody, anyways.

Lookin' forward to the theater version.....I'm takin' my grandkids. They deserve more trauma in their lives!

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

Bob Sauls
Visitor
Member # 11321

Mike Meyer has truly grown as an actor. His sensitivity has expanded along side his sky-rocketing popularity. I was dubious about his future after his first role as Vinnie Svensen an anti-heroic exterminator in the film The Finyl Vinylist.

--------------------
Bob Sauls
Sauls Signs & Designs
Tallahassee, Fl

Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Great video, Mark......and great performance by the one who we do not speak about, in this channel....Mr. Mike Meyer.

RD

P.S. - Bob Sauls.....as usual.

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Bill Masters
Visitor
Member # 851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Masters   Email Bill Masters   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great vidio Mark
Thanks Bill

--------------------
Bill Masters
Golden Signs
Scranton,PA
signbum@msn.com

Posts: 86 | From: Scranton,PA | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!