Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » anti graffitti film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anti graffitti film
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm doing some signs for a school and am concerned about graffitti damage. I've been looking through the suppliers catalogs and there are so many overlaminates available. I remember a product called Tedlar that was supposed to last 10 years. Is that still available? It looks like a lot of the films have about a 3 year life.Can anyone recommend a product for both digital printed and vinyl signs? I will be ordering the digital printed ones from a wholesaler. Thanks.

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1266 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jean,

Check with the folks at TrimUSA. I've been getting my tedlar film from them. They should be able to help you with it.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is late but I just ran across it this morning....

Tubelite specials for the month of May

Vandal Guard Anti-Graffiti Dry-Erase Laminate
Vandal Guard Anit-Graffiti

Vandal Guard 54" x 100'
Lookup: VG54X100’

$240.00

Vandal Guard 36" x 100'
Lookup: VG36X100’

$174.00

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Glenn, I'll check it out. Up to now I haven't had much luck finding a good anti grafitti film that will last longer than 3 years.I've asked about rolling on a liquid clear protection but the story is it might damage the print even with a laminate over the top of the print.

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1266 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Diaz
Resident

Member # 7319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Ben Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We recently picked up a 36" roll of Vandal Guard to use for a customer's dry erase job. It works fine for dry erase as long as you use black. Colors will come off, but not with the eraser. I've been running a test sign through a battery of tests to see what I can get off of it. So far, I've been able to remove washable markers (wiped right off), sharpies, spray paint & paintballs (washed off in rain). Right now the test piece is in my back yard with egg from a couple of weeks ago on it. I've been taking pictures of the whole process & will post them after I do a few more tests.

--------------------
Ben Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W Lincoln Ave
www.diazsignart.com < basic site
www.diazsignart.net < flash site
muralmuseum.com < International Walldog Mural & Sign Art Museum

Posts: 316 | From: Pontiac Il | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been using the Clear Star two part clear that can be applied with a foam roller. Been using it for many years and pleased.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6713 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ScooterX
Resident

Member # 2023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScooterX   Author's Homepage   Email ScooterX       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too have used ClearStar. Its water-based, and it doesn't give me a headache the way the 1-Shot Anti Graffiti does. It starts out water-thin and it is a bit tricky to control without drips or sags on a 4x8 panel (I defer to Rick Sacks' skills). Its also water-clear and so those drips are hard to see until the panel dries... Next time I have a full panel I'll probably use the sprayer for it. For signs that are viewed from more than 4 feet away, it is fine.

However, for prints I probably still like the laminates.

--------------------
:: Scooter Marriner ::
:: Coyote Signs ::
:: Oakland, CA ::
:: still a beginner ::
::

Posts: 1356 | From: Oakland (and San Francisco) | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scooter, I most always have the panel flat on a table and it all flows out fine. I use that stuff over cut vinyl and it holds fine.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6713 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!