Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » CorelDraw Letterhead users...Could you use this?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CorelDraw Letterhead users...Could you use this?
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Draper   Email Dave Draper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Free file of the CorelDraw Default RGB color palette ready to print on a large format printer

In CorelDraw, on a new design window, draw a rectangle and fill it with RED from one of your color palettes. Now, let say you don’t like that red, so you click on the RED again, but this time hold down the button until a box appears with 49 variations of the color red.

What if you could have that box of 49 colors ready to print out so you could quickly see if any of those 49 variations of red are going to look like you desire in your finished print?

I did that with the CorelDraw X4 Default RGB Color Palette. Excluding the black and gray tones, my Default RGB palette has 88 colors, each color having 49 variations. That equals 4312 colors, not counting the black and gray tones.

I created a 49 square inch box of 7 divisions across and 7 divisions down; each box is 1 square inch. Then I filled each square with each color variation. My printer (Roland SP540V ) is 54 inch wide so it will print 6 boxes across comfortably. I set my design page paper size to 50 X 50 inch and placed 6 boxes across and 6 boxes down. To get all the colors, 3 pages were created, 36 boxes to each page. The final result is 3 pages, with just 16 boxes on page 3.

Next, I printed each page, one at a time, because the entire print is 140 inches long, and it makes me nervous trying to print something that big in my current location. Then I cut each box out and put them in a binder, each “page” now being about 8 x 8 inches; 88 pages of 49 easy to see colors on each page.

We have all learned the hard way that the colors we design with will not look the same when we print on our wide format printers. Final Color = The printer, the ink it uses, the vinyl brand or type, with the correct profile selected for that material, quality of the print ( high speed or high quality ) and laminated or not laminated.
When it comes down to it, you would really have to print this chart on every media you use, then print the chart again and laminate a second set. (I’m not going to do that. I only use Arlon calandered air release and only laminate when I have to. Or, you could just select and print 1 box of 1 color or even just 1 row of the box(red for example, row 1 all seven color variations)

Did this take a long time to do? No. It took an INSANE amount of time to create. Monument sign building is a little slow right now, so I did this a little each day over the past 8 months for my own use.

Would you like this chart? Could you use something like this? It’s FREE! I’ll share it!
There is one catch: I need somebody or several persons help who are willing to put this on THEIR web site in a downloadable zip file. I don’t have the time to email this file to everyone. I don’t know how to edit my web site to place it in a spot it can be downloaded. It shouldn’t be on my website anyway.

I have started on the CorelDraw Default CMYK Palette, but it won’t be ready any time soon!

Let me know via this thread if you would be willing to help share the file with fellow letterheads

Thanks.

--------------------
Draper The Signmaker / Monumental Designs
http://www.monumentaldesigns.com

Posts: 2883 | From: Bloomington Illinois USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me do a little research, I don't mind helping you- how large is the file? One option is to create a Dropbox account and folder- the file would be stored there- then just copy the link and people could just download it from the Dropbox- if you are just providing it for free...

I don't mind helping you get that set up, or set it up for you...

I have a PMS chart from Lamar Advertising for when I design billboards for them- it is just a small printed chart, but it helps a bunch, so I could see where this could be useful.

Let me know if I can help

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1735 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Payne

Member # 344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Payne   Author's Homepage   Email Pete Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds great, if you can email to me I'll see what we can do on our website, thanks

--------------------
Pete Payne
Willowlake Design/Canadian Signcrafters
Bayfield, ON

Canadian Signcrafters

Posts: 619 | From: Bayfield, ON Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Draper   Email Dave Draper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Michael! I sent you the file. 413KB

It may be there are not that many who could use this file here in Letterville and it wouldn't be as
big an effort to just email the file to those that would like it.

[Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 2883 | From: Bloomington Illinois USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Pete,...Email me and I'll send you a file also.

If we share this with enough heads, then it anyone can get it from anyone.

--------------------

Joy Kjer
Resident

Member # 3026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joy Kjer   Author's Homepage   Email Joy Kjer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Box.com allows larger free uploads than Dropbox.

--------------------
Joy Kjer
Art On Display Signs
4001 Randolph St
Lincoln, NE

"My life has a superb cast,
but I can't figure out the plot."

Posts: 445 | From: 4001 Randolph St. Lincoln, NE | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may know somebody who would make sure every Letterhead would get the file. But, he probably won't pass it around if it's free.

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is a good effort, and a good idea that would be useful to some folks- I don't use RGB palettes, mainly CMYK or PMS because of the print projects that I do require those palettes. For those that use RGB- I think it is a useful tool.

It appears to be a small file, but putting it on a location like Dropbox or Box, and just making it available for download would be my suggestion.

If you don't have either of those services, let me know and I'll send you an invitation (that puts extra storage space on both accounts)

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1735 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Michael,

Thanks for the feed back. A few have emailed me directly and it was not a big deal to email them a copy.

I thought I might get overwhelmed, but it doesn't look that way.

Don, ??????????? Email me if you would like a copy.

And everyone else interested are welcome, of course. Probably be better to email me. [Smile]

--------------------

Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

I moved the palette to the web site. Just testing to see if this link works

If this link does not work cut and paste it:
http://www.monumentaldesigns.com/images/CDRGB.cdr

I found some mistakes in the palette and the corrections are updated in the above link.

This is a Corel X4 file

[ January 24, 2013, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Dave Draper ]

--------------------

Elaine Beauchemin
Resident

Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine Beauchemin   Author's Homepage   Email Elaine Beauchemin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[_URL=[URL]http://www.monumentaldesigns.com/images/CD Default RGB Palette.cdr[/URL_]
without the underscore

http://www.monumentaldesigns.com/images/CD Default RGB Palette.cdr

[ January 24, 2013, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: Elaine Beauchemin ]

--------------------
Élaine Beauchemin
scrip
Lettrage Scripsit inc.
St-Hubert, Quebec, Canada
www.scripsit.net

Posts: 1096 | From: Saint-Hubert, Québec, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Thanks EB. but it was the spaces between the words it didn't like. I reloaded the web site with an new renamed file and deleted the other one.

The link works now. Yours will not because I deleted the file from the web site.

The CMYK palette will be ready in about a week...ish

[ January 24, 2013, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Dave Draper ]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!