Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » When is the last time you were caught up?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When is the last time you were caught up?
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just thinking that I can't remember the last time I was caught up, as in had every single job on my slate completed. I imagine I have to credit some of that to poor management and procrastination, but I don't think there has been a time in the last 20 years that I didn't have at least a couple of jobs still ahead of me. I really thought I was going to get to that point this fall and was looking so forward to having a stretch of time where I could work on the building and revamp my webpage, but just as I was closing in on the last few projects the phone started ringing and I have a long list built up again.

I realize that some of you are trying to survive in tough economic times, and that lots of you have staff and likely have a much more organized work flow, but do you normally get that slate cleared on a regular basis?

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My plate has only pizza on it...

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rodger MacMunn
Visitor
Member # 4316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rodger MacMunn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
November 2001. I had to eat 2 ponds of ExLax just to have something to do for a couple of days.

--------------------
Rodger MacMunn
T.R. MacMunn & Sons
C.P.207, Sharbot Lake, ON
613-279-1230
trmac@frontenac.net

Posts: 472 | From: Sharbot Lake, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
march 2004 comes to mind and maybe sometime in 2008 when the shyt hit the fan.
Will I be caught up anytime soon...hell no! lol I even took the decals off my truck doors...kept the hood and tailgate lettered though.

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We always have stuff on the go. It's been a long long time since we've had to do "busy" work. There are only 4 of us now, so we all have lots to do. October is going to be a very good month. We sub out most of our installs and digital printing now so that helps.
We are narrowing our focus again, getting rid of the bucket truck,letting subcontractors do that work.
The economy is good here, so good help can be a challenge to find. We often have to refer work to other shops.
We do mostly wholesale work now. Providing dimensional lettering and wayfinding systems to other sign companies. I like it that way, as we don't have to do the selling and installing.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well when you spend too much time on the river it's easy to get behind...I've just walked in the door straight from the river...I'm sitting here in in wet socks and underwear as I type...although these pictures are from an earlier trip this summer...they are from the same 4 hour stretch of the river we took today except this time the leaves had turned colors...unluckily I forgot the camera...it was quite beautiful...got lucky though and ran into a couple of river otters...they played around me a bit then went on shore and from some hidden location began to bark at me...now I've got to get to work...by the way...the clear plastic container you see mounted to top of my kayak is an easy access water tight container for the camera...we had about 6 turn overs between the 5 of us today.

http://s1163.photobucket.com/albums/q546/signsbyrusty/Buffalo%20River%20Float%20Trip/?albumview=slideshow

[ October 23, 2012, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since retiring 5 years ago, we have never been "caught up"! [Big Grin]

There is always something that needs to be done. The secret is to never get to the point where there is nothing left to look forward to doing.

I have a list of about 5 things that need doing tomorrow. I'll probably get 3 or 4 of them done, then I'll have some left over to look forward to the next day!

I know that isn't what you meant with your original question Kelly, but it is working for us these days!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rusty,

My brother in law and I backpacked the Buffalo River Trail last year. We'd planned on hiking forty miles of it this month but had to cancel the trip at the last minute. Bummer!

[ October 23, 2012, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: David Harding ]

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as work related, I got a few a,,meatballs in the pot. I've been working on my own sign. Yes, my very own sign for my shop building. The shop was built in 2007. I finally have time to put a sign out where the public (strangers) can see it while speeding by. For home related, I'm never done.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3814 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Janzen
Visitor
Member # 7227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Janzen   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Janzen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just finishing the last of my jobs before starting on a show in a few weeks. One small job left,and then I think I'll do a few paintings for myself. Hopefully my wife doesn't find out and make me do the things around the house I've been claiming to be far to busy to do. Oh well...off to shovel the walks.

--------------------
Streamline Studios Inc.
Calgary. AB
www.streamlinestudios.blogspot.ca

Posts: 220 | From: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The past couple of weeks have been great. No work in the last 2 weeks. Very rare, but nice. Been knocking out my punch list for the yardwork.
Dropped the mower deck on my tractor and the kids and I created our own haunted trail for a hay ride for the neighborhood kids this weekend.
Time well spent.

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graham Parsons
Resident

Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graham Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Graham Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last time I was caught up is when I zipped my fly a bit too quick... [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Graham Parsons
Signs 'n Such Ltd
Swift Current
Saskatchewan
Canada.
www.signsnsuch.com

"Saskatchewan - hard to pronounce, easy to draw"

Posts: 710 | From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now! I am able to be out of state visiting famly for 8 days.

Diane

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1695 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!