Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » how to convert adobe reader pdf file to regular vector file?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how to convert adobe reader pdf file to regular vector file?
linda yang
Visitor
Member # 1548

Icon 5 posted      Profile for linda yang   Email linda yang       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received a pdf file from printing company for menu, I opened in adobe reader perfectly, but use Corel suite 3x, it discorted.
How can I convert to vector file?

--------------------
Linda Yang
Wilbraham, MA
arttec@samnet.net

Posts: 139 | From: wilbraham, ma usa | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DOWNLOAD an ADOBE PDF READER program. ADOBE ACROBAT is just a VIEWER. will let you look at stuf but you can manipulate anything in it unless you purchase the FULL ADOBE ACROBATE.
i have PDFill editor. its free.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elaine Beauchemin
Resident

Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine Beauchemin   Author's Homepage   Email Elaine Beauchemin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you have illustrator

create a new file
click on file ...place and select the PDF file
check link but not on template, then ok.

the file will display with a bounding box
click on object
flatten transparency
in the other dialog box
make the raster to vector set to 100% vector
check convert all text to outlines
et voilà!

--------------------
Élaine Beauchemin
scrip
Lettrage Scripsit inc.
St-Hubert, Quebec, Canada
www.scripsit.net

Posts: 1096 | From: Saint-Hubert, Québec, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if it is vector graphics to begin with, you can IMPORT the pdf file directly into CorelDRAW! and it should still be editable vector graphic- I do this between Illustrator and CDX3 (recently X6)

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1736 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Churchill
Resident

Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Churchill   Email Chuck Churchill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We sometimes receive pdf files that Corel X4 can't read. I susupect they are from Illy. My solution is to read it with a pdf reader/writer then make a new pdf from the old pdf with the writer. This second pdf will be coded slightly differently and Corel can import it.

Note that some pdf's contain bitmaps along with vectors. My work around does not change the bitmaps into vectors.

Works for us!

--------------------
Chuck Churchill,
It's A Good Sign Inc.
3245 Harvester Rd, U-12
Burlington, Ont.
Phone: 905-681-8775
Fax: 905-681-8945

Posts: 633 | From: Burlington, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joy Kjer
Resident

Member # 3026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joy Kjer   Author's Homepage   Email Joy Kjer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
X3 won't open newer pdfs that came from a higher version of Illustrator. It's frustrating of course. I have used a free shareware vector program called Inkscape to open these. Then I save them as an eps and import into Corel. It often works.

--------------------
Joy Kjer
Art On Display Signs
4001 Randolph St
Lincoln, NE

"My life has a superb cast,
but I can't figure out the plot."

Posts: 445 | From: 4001 Randolph St. Lincoln, NE | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!