Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » CorelDraw X6 - Deal on eBay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CorelDraw X6 - Deal on eBay
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A buddy of mine won a bid on eBay for a FULL legit version of CorelDraw X6 suite - complete with good registration code - - - winning bid was $80.

So, I thought, "What the heck"..... tried for one and lost....winning bid was $81..... and tried on another and won the bid for $61.

Full, complete X6 Suite. Brand new, not an academic software, or upgrade.....

When I get it I will let you know if it remains the deal of the century.... but I am assuming it is. The seller had 100% rating.... and my buddies works fine.

Not sure if it is some sort of OEM version, but who cares? At that price... I can buy one every version and it's still 1/3rd the price of a retail upgrade.

Anyone else go this route?

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What has X6 got that X5 doesn't?

Inquiring minds want to know.

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Evans
Visitor
Member # 44

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Evans   Email Bruce Evans       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Biggest thing for me is it now supports open type alternative characters / ligatures.

--------------------
Bruce Evans
Crown Graphics
Chino, CA
graphics@westcoach.net

Posts: 910 | From: Chino, CA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm loving the new shape tools. Especially the Attract and Repel tools. Full multi-core processing and native 64bit is a big plus for the nature of the work I do.

BTW, anyone wanting to get more out of Corel and see the new features in action, check out these free tutorials......

http://advancedtshirts.com/tutorials/new-coreldraw-x6-upgrade.html

http://advancedtshirts.com/tutorials/coreldraw-x6-for-beginners.html

http://advancedtshirts.com/tutorials/categories/1/coreldraw-tutorials.html

[ August 05, 2012, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: Glenn Taylor ]

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please keep us updated, Todd-I'd like one at that price too-still using X3 here!

[ August 06, 2012, 01:52 AM: Message edited by: Ian Stewart-Koster ]

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I go to ebay and buy my "junk" software. Like for software I sue to pen other stuff but do not know how to use it nor did I want to learn its only for conversion and opening. These auctions you speak of are not 100% on the up and up with the software. I do believe some are cracked and the one version of one I bought didnt work when I installed I contacted seller and he sent out another copy, just that simple.

The main software I use is all on the up and up. You know in your experience you cannot get a corel draw for that price

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Sjoquist
Resident

Member # 4684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craig Sjoquist   Author's Homepage   Email Craig Sjoquist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
using X3 here like to go to X6 but waiting at least till sp1 comes out way to many things are messed up. it seems

But at that cost WOW are people giving up on X6 & selling them or those cracked

I'd like to even get a used X5

--------------------
Craig Sjoquist
http://www.592sign.net
3220 N.O.B.T
Orlando Fl. 407-592-7446 vikinwolf@gmail.com

Posts: 1588 | From: Orlando Fl. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Smith
Visitor
Member # 146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought CorelDraw X6 straight from Corel and it's about perfect. They deserve every penny!

--------------------
Frank Smith
Frank Smith Signs
Albany, NY
www.franksmithsigns.com

Posts: 807 | From: Albany, NY USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fellas - here is a link to the one I bought. These are advertised as 100% legit and as I stated, they come with a REGISTRATION KEY. If they were some odd-ball 'cracked' version, I doubt they would include a valid registration key which could be easily verified as fraudulent by CorelDraw when you submit your online registration directly t Corel.

I am guessing that these copies are manufacturer freebies given to various trades-people.... or something of that nature.

Ebay is pretty good at shutting down anybody that is suspected of selling copyright infringed materials.

Here is the one I bid on and won.... does this look nefarious to you? Looked very legitimate to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271030783433?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

[ August 06, 2012, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Todd Gill ]

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Craig - here is one for a legit X5.... with a 'Buy it Now' price of $45.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-CorelDRAW-Graphics-Suite-X5-FULL-VERSION-FREE-SHIPPING-/271028811578?_trksid=p4340.m1985&_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D1 3%26meid%3D1139860533224132325%26pid%3D100012%26prg%3D1014%26rk%3D2%26

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought a new, totally legit version of Photoshop on E-bay for less than a hundred bucks. No problems.....

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Gene Adkins
Merchant

Member # 882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Gene Adkins   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Gene Adkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been pushing the envelope, literally, with X6 the last few weeks. The biggest glitch is that you need a really, really good computer with lots of speed and power. Also, push the b-spline drawing tool too hard and X6 locks up. This tool, which I think debuted in corel 15, is well worth the buy-in.

X6's biggest benefit is that it reads the opentype features in a font. This allows for character replacements in your layouts. To try it for yourself, download this freebie fontry font: http://www.fontspace.com/the-fontry/deathe-maach-ncv

If you don't like the OT feature interface, open up the character map and do your character replacements manually.

my version of X6 has some kind of glitch going on with the node alignment command, but it appears I'm the only one experiencing this from the emails I've sent!

lucky me. I hope a patch is coming soon.

--------------------
Michael Gene Adkins
The Fontry
1576 S Hwy 59
Watts OK 74964

Posts: 845 | From: Watts, OK USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought X6 from Amazon a few months ago- it is working great, although I really haven't had time to get into it and see all the new features.

I also got the Adobe Creative Cloud- all of Adobe's software on a subscription based download- as much as I use various programs, it would take me several years worth of subscription rates just to pay for the Master Collection again... so far it has been great, but like X6 I haven't had much time to see all the new features...

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1735 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Severenuk
Merchant

Member # 5875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Severenuk   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Severenuk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Gill:
Fellas - here is a link to the one I bought.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271030783433?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Not trying to be the police....just wanted to let you know that it's not a full version. Full versions in North America come with a hard cover box and a printed guidebook. Chances are this is the OEM or Academic software, which can't be used for an upgrade later.

T.

--------------------
Tony Severenuk
User Experience Designer,
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite
http://www.coreldraw.com

Posts: 62 | From: Ottawa | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Severenuk
Merchant

Member # 5875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Severenuk   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Severenuk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Severenuk:
Chances are this is the OEM or Academic software, which can't be used for an upgrade later.
T.

Upon closer inspection I'm doubting this is even legit OEM software...the colors on the box are wrong, and the letters X6 are bold on the real box and they are a light typeface on this one.

T.

--------------------
Tony Severenuk
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite

Posts: 62 | From: Ottawa | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Tony.... I am suspecting this may not be as advertised..... the printed DVD came 'shrink-wrapped' and looked legit... however, the disk itself looks a little 'funny'... in that the 'balloon' is solid white. Shouldn't it be a multi-colored balloon on the disk? I am enclosing photos for your inspection.

This was advertised as a 'Full' version - and specifically said it was not an OEM, Upgrade, Academic, etc.

I installed it, registered it with the number provided, and everything seems to work just fine.

I am a little suspect though... the bottom of the disk looks like it was a 'home' burned disk....as it has a purplish 'write' side with a definite visual image of the written area. I could be wrong - maybe it's fine??

I paid for it and am using it based upon my understanding that this is a legit, full version software. Let me know your thoughts of this.... I'd be happy to trade it for a 'full factory version' if you want to inspect the one I have.

After pulling off the shrink wrap... this is what it looked like:

-

-

-

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Tony Severenuk
Merchant

Member # 5875

quote:
[QB] Tony.... I am suspecting this may not be as advertised....

The purple disk is pirated...ours are all silver. In addition, that's not the same DVD case we use, and the Serial number is wrong on the inside (wrong spot, wrong size, wrong font...)

T.

--------------------
Tony Severenuk
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite

Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Son of a #@!$%

Ok... so I guess it's my own fault - you get what you pay for. How do you shut these guys down? And I guess I will be buying the X6 upgrade to my legal X5..... lesson learned.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Tony Severenuk
Merchant

Member # 5875

quote:

Ok... so I guess it's my own fault - you get what you pay for. How do you shut these guys down? And I guess I will be buying the X6 upgrade to my legal X5..... lesson learned.

I've already reported the guy...Ebay is usually good about shutting them down...and hopefully they don't come back in a few days.

T.

--------------------
Tony Severenuk
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite

David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That reminds me of when I bought Corel 10 on eBay. At the time, Corel was having difficulties and when I saw the cheesy label I thought, "Wow! They're really cutting back on expenses". I then noticed misspelling on the label and realized this was a pirated version. I then bought a real version of Corel 10 and decided the pirated one was my authorized disc copy.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Thanks Tony.... guess I got caught up in the 'carney' scam..... 'Knock the (concrete) painted milk bottles over with the baseball and win this life-sized stuffed Giraffe animal.' lol

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!