Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OT Life Sentence OT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT Life Sentence OT
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so yesterday my bamton rooster punctured my lower leg with his spur. He attacked me! I just put some anitseptic on it and went to work. As the day went on, my lower leg hurt, turned red around the wound and startd to swell. I had to go to emergency. Got a tetus shot, antibiotics and an xray of my leg. So today, me being the judge, sentenced my bamton rooster to death! My brother, let's say he's the governor, gives the rooster a reprieve to the death sentence. "Life on Devil's Island!" Like in the movie "Papillon" with Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman. So tonite the rooster will be taken to "Devil's Island. (The Forest) But I think the rooster may take up revence on me, so I better be watching out for any old cadillacs following me. (Cape Fear)
 -

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Boone
Deceased

Member # 308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Boone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nope...
have some soup.......

--------------------
Michael Boone
Sign Painter
5828 Buerman Rd.Sodus,NY 14551

Posts: 3223 | From: Sodus,NY,USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was a kid, one of my jobs was to feed our chickens and gather the eggs. We had a little bantom rooster that liked to rule the roost, and he would try to attack me every single day. It didn't really bother me. I would just punt him across the chicken coop and he would leave me alone for a while. Sometimes I would have to punt him a second time on my way out because he would try to attack me again.

I was away for a few days one summer, probably to scout camp or something, and my sisters were too afraid of the rooster to gather the eggs. My dad scoffed at that and said he would gather the eggs himself. He should have known not to take his eyes off that rooster. He still has the scars on his shins from those spurs! That rooster came close to losing its life that day.

Hope your legs heals soon, Alicia.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rooster spurs are nasty!

My dad has a rooster that is a watch dog, he crows every time he sees someone on the property.

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a parakeet who wd attack me sometimes. I'd be drawing and he liked to come over and chew on the pencil while I was trying to draw. I'd flip him away a couple times and he'd get madder each time and finally come at my hand to chew on it. His name was Timmy, but he was a feisty little guy.

[ August 06, 2012, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: Dennis Kiernan ]

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
should gave HIM the "jewish" sentence............
CHICKEN SOUP))))))))))

[ August 05, 2012, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The picture of the chicken is a take-off from the movie Cape Fear with Robert Dinero.
 - Rmember this line from the movie, "Counselor! Come out, come out, wherever you are!"

--------------------
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vance Galliher
Visitor
Member # 581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vance Galliher   Author's Homepage   Email Vance Galliher       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love robert dinero...cape fear is a great film ! but either way this, this rooster is gone.....and if you don't eat him , something else will............hummm ,not sure if i ever had rooster, but i did chop off a few head as a kid..........it's just how we had chicken.

--------------------
vance galliher
springfield,or
http://www.vancegallihersigns.com

Posts: 324 | From: springfield,or. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had this big red rooster that would ride on my shoulder when it was young. One day a year later something changed. I'd open the hen house door and that bird would come at me spurs first at face level. I had this bat, like a short baseball bat that was for knocking out big salmon. I'd hit that bird and alter his direction and after a few weeks he'd come at me a second time every morning. His neck met my splitting axe and the chopping block. It was the only time that I've killed an animal with delight. We threw it in the stew pot and even in the slow cooker, that bird was tough.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6712 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgRmPuAEr6A

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Well, the rooster has gone to "Devil's Island" Hopefully he'll join a flock of wild turkeys and blend in.

--------------------
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987

jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had layers and Rooster. No attacks. But I think Grampa, gave him a few notices. Although, we would occasionally challenge the bull out in the next pasture and then run for the fence. Never got us...
That was Illinois, life as kids...

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Barrow
Deceased

Member # 576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Barrow   Email Tim Barrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the standard sentence for a rooster who attacked anyone who was collecting eggs on my grandfathers farm more than three times and or inflicting harm was to be sacrificed for the Sunday after church meal in penance for their misdeeds

--------------------
fly low...timi/NC is,
Tim Barrow
Barrow Art Signs
Winston-Salem,NC

Posts: 2224 | From: Winston-Salem,NC,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also love Robert Dinero and thought that Cape Fear was a very cool movie; really cleverly done, one of the spooky creepy movies I will watch!

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alicia - Cape Fear was a great flick....

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's messed up about your leg. I think I would have just killed the little bastard. well he's gone and hopefully he'll get a taste of his own medicine. So what's the next movie?

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought I would see some "Why did the chicken cross the road" jokes on this one...or at least some variations...Cape Fear...maybe the best scene...when the De Niro's character and Nolte's character make eye contact at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwgM_s3IBVk

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joy Kjer
Resident

Member # 3026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joy Kjer   Author's Homepage   Email Joy Kjer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roosters are just so.......male! Lol

--------------------
Joy Kjer
Art On Display Signs
4001 Randolph St
Lincoln, NE

"My life has a superb cast,
but I can't figure out the plot."

Posts: 445 | From: 4001 Randolph St. Lincoln, NE | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Freinds of ours have a wild turkey they have fed since it was a chick. It used to follow their daughter down to the school bus. It was like a watch turkey man, if u tried to mess with her it wud attack u. And we were over there last summer and it took a liking to my husband Clare. We went to go to the car to leave and the stupid thing came at me! It was scary I gotta say. Glad u got your leg fixed Alisha. Keep an eye on it girl.

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Here's what my rooster is gonna be up to,,,,,unless he gets eaten by a creature tougher than him,,,,,
Max Caddy Notice the tattoo.

--------------------
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987

Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The old version with Robert Mitchum was also pretty good......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!