Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Goin' on a southern JUNKIN' road trip, y'all!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Goin' on a southern JUNKIN' road trip, y'all!
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[img] http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2Q0drygAG3E/UA-d7kwnm3I/AAAAAAAAVaM/M7OAOmxQ3V4/s640/World%27s+Longest+Yard+Sale+map.36+AM.png [/img]

It certainly isn't every day I receive an invite in my inbox to come on down to the south for a 5 day road trip adventure!

GM 'found me' and I'm teaming up with 5 other DIY bloggers to take in The World's Longest Yard Sale. The trip starts in Michigan through Alabama and our mission is to collect for a family in need with a surprise ending.

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Jt4rd6QGP9w/UA-SVNu9a2I/AAAAAAAAVZY/PQNA40tQdxM/s640/Funky+and+Handy+are+JUNK+WARRIORS+-+as+they+take+on+The+World%27s+Longest+Yard+Sale.+via+Funky+Junk+I nteri ors.20+PM.png[/img]

But we're gonna have a little fun. [Smile] It's a common thing for two junkers to fight over one must have junk artifact like it's life or death, so Brittany and I are teaming up as Junk Warriors. Isn't this just so Dan and Jayish?! [Big Grin]

I fly out July 31st and won't be home until Aug 5th. Lined up an awesome house sitter so she can guard my macs. [Rolling On The Floor] Seriously... when we leave the door wide open to the house by mistake after going into town, (common) first thing I shout to Cody is, "Go see if the macs are home!

The announce post with a goofy video segment can be checked out at Funky Junk

Think they'll notice I'm from Oh Canada? Guess it's time to toss the eh for y'all...

(I can't get these pictures to show in preview... if they don't work, they're on the blog)

[ July 30, 2012, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: Barb. Shortreed ]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious... is the png extension the issue with the photo thing?

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the problem is the apostrophe in the file name (World's). But here ya go......

-

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have fun Donna,I know that you will. I know the family in need will really love the results of your longest yard sale adventure. Looking forward to seeing the surprise!

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DianeBalch
Resident

Member # 1301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DianeBalch   Author's Homepage   Email DianeBalch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna
How are you getting all your finds to the receipient?

Diane

--------------------
Balch Signs
1045 Raymond Rd
Malta, NY 12020
518 885-9899
signs@balchsigns.com
http://www.balchsigns.com

Posts: 1695 | From: MaltaNY | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna ..I love your 'Red Green' attire.
What a great experience you will have...better pack some duct tape for this trip.

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have some time when you finish in Alabama, come on over to Hotlanta for a visit.....

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW....Looks like fun [Smile]

The png works but I think the problem was caused by spaces and ampersands.
here is your other photo.
 -

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2375 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! You go girl! I hope it is as wonderful an experience as it sounds. Have a blast!

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's junk you're looking for you might want to drop by my place when you're in Tenn...everything I got is junk...it will save me a trip to the dump.

[ July 30, 2012, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cal Trauter
Visitor
Member # 10938

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cal Trauter   Email Cal Trauter       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go. It's great when good things happen to good people.
Have fun and keep us posted. [Applause]

Posts: 97 | From: Summerland BC | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cal Trauter
Visitor
Member # 10938

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cal Trauter   Email Cal Trauter       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go. It's great when good things happen to good people.
Have fun and keep us posted. [Applause]

Posts: 97 | From: Summerland BC | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and double good when they happen to double good people [Applause]

right Cal? [Wink]
right Cal? [Wink]

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!