Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Do you use Facebook?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you use Facebook?
Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel
Visitor
Member # 3837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel   Author's Homepage   Email Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure this has been touched on before.. But do you use FB? If so how do you use it? I say this because the other day a friend was telling me how he'd grown to dislike FB. He said it was nothing but a "me,me,look at me" site..

I tried to explain (wasted my time) that you can use it for all sorts of things like stay in touch with family, find old friends, gripe about the government, or .. Like what I try and use it for.. To market myself and what I do. He said that's the most irritating part is people posting pictures of a stupid sign then bragging about the customer was super pleased about the turn around time and how the customer scribbled out a check and was on their way.

I tried to explain that's pretty good marketing in my opinion in that maybe somewhere down the line some person who saw that post may be at a coffee shop or a truckstop and might be asked if he knows anybody that can make a sign.. His reply was ya right.. People just wanna brag about their crap...
I don't know.. It seems to work for me.. But maybe I'll try to use FB like he does.. Bitching about Obama...,, posting a pic of the fried eggs and ham and how when the economy was good the serving at the coffee were much bigger... And if the economy doesn't turn around he might lose everything...
Me? I'll continue to use it as a means to promote what I do (with the occasional funny picture or family picture just so folks know I'm a real person and not an infomercial) and make a few bucks along the way...

Do you FB and if so in what way? Just curious..

--------------------
Gonzalo Curiel
Peewee Signs & designs
Oroville Ca 95965

peeweepinstriping@comcast.net www.signspeeweedesigns.com

Posts: 845 | From: Oroville,Ca. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty Happy
Resident

Member # 302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marty Happy   Author's Homepage   Email Marty Happy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say that 'showing off' my stuff on Facebook has led to several great new clients! I also have my share of negative 'friends' which I take with a grain of salt.

--------------------
Happy Signing...... Marty

M.F. (Marty) Happy
Signmaker Since 1974
Happy Ad Sign & Design
Regina SK, Canada S4N 5K4
306-789-9567
happyad@sasktel.net
www.happyad.ca

Get Happy & Get Noticed!

Posts: 773 | From: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Gaffney
Resident

Member # 4240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Gaffney   Author's Homepage   Email Kevin Gaffney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I use Facebook but don't like it. However, there is a whole new younger generation of business people needing our services and it is their chosen method of doing business. Therefore, I have no choice but to embrace it as the days of handing out business cards are probably numbered as a marketing method

--------------------
Kevin Gaffney
Artistik Signs
Kinnegad
County Westmeath
Ireland
044-75187
kevingaffney@eircom.net

Posts: 628 | From: Ireland | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep I use it, and I post some of my stuff from time to time... I've only had one guy complain- he came up to me before church and started in how he didn't like that I was trying to sell my work and promote my stuff there... I just smiled and replied: "yeah I guess I should use if for posting my latest bicycle trip map, so everybody can see me brag about riding 20 miles in spandex, while peddling my butt off and holding up traffic for at least 13 of those 20 miles..." guess he got the point, I think he "un-friended" me- but at least I don't have to see anymore of his bicycle posts

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1735 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Facebook for keeping in touch with friends and family. I post what is interesting or important to me and couldn't care less what other people think. If they decide I'm not worthy to be in their lineup of friends, not a problem. I block people who are too militant with their political opinions or tend to always post something negative.

I don't use Facebook for business, but I don't see a problem with those who do. Those who choose to be offended by it can "unfriend" and move on.

The thing that bugs me most about Facebook is how the Facebook company continually tries to broadcast our lives to the world without asking if we want that particular bit of information shared. I guess some people want to share their game scores, or their most recent purchase, or the most recent article they read. I don't.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LIKE.

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Barrow
Deceased

Member # 576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Barrow   Email Tim Barrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
having just spent the last two years studying network security and computer technology I have found it difficult to avoid facebook. I do not use it anymore for my own personal and or business agenda due to my concerns about personal privacy. If you have information you want to become public and or want to view about others it is an excellent source and way to keep up with others and their agendas.I would be very careful about any personal information stored on the site as it can and is being used for purposes other than what most users think,...their privacy policies change like the weather to suit the sites' financial agenda,......

--------------------
fly low...timi/NC is,
Tim Barrow
Barrow Art Signs
Winston-Salem,NC

Posts: 2224 | From: Winston-Salem,NC,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It certainly has been good for the Airbrushing side of Business, I really don't use it for commercial work, and it's good for socializing... and yes unfortunately there are some Friends on there who are ignorant, self serving, and Bigots...Kinda disturbing, but some I have gotten rid of.. others I should.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope.

I've heard about quite a few instances where peoples' personal information has been compromised. Of course, some of that could have been stupidity on their part.

Also, I may have a few old "friends" I don't want to find, or have them find me........

Life is complicated enough; no sense making it moreso.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel
Visitor
Member # 3837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel   Author's Homepage   Email Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Facebook fan page for my atc70decals.com website...
. And also just started a Facebook page for our new glider ride operations at the airport... TmaGlider.com

Edited to add, I only have my phone number listed for contact... And use a "special" email account that is no longer my primary email.. And never post that, "the family and I will be in Cacun for 3 weeks starting Tuesday...so go ahead and rob us blind if ya want to"...
You know what I'm sayin'.. [Wink]

[ July 02, 2012, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel ]

--------------------
Gonzalo Curiel
Peewee Signs & designs
Oroville Ca 95965

Posts: 845 | From: Oroville,Ca. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a great way to keep in touch with family and friends, and I've sold three nice jobs from Facebook so far.

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brendan Hunt
Visitor
Member # 27764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brendan Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Brendan Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm only 19 years old so of course I use Facebook. On top of FB being a great way to keep in touch with friends and planning events, I also use it to 'show-off' my work. My real friends on Facebook like to see my work and it's been a great way for me to expand. I will agree that it's not for everyone, but at the same time Facebook has a fancy feature called a delete button for unwanted friends. [Wink]

http://www.facebook.com/BrendanHuntDesigns

--------------------
Brendan Hunt
Brendan Hunt Designs
29 Kingsbury Ave.
802-487-4078

Posts: 7 | From: Derby Line, VT | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel
Visitor
Member # 3837

Ya I'm a FB post whore.. https://www.facebook.com/Atc70decals

--------------------
Gonzalo Curiel
Peewee Signs & designs
Oroville Ca 95965

Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Use facebook, don't let it use you!

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry Starpoli
Visitor
Member # 1559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry Starpoli   Author's Homepage   Email Jerry Starpoli       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use it mostly for friends but every once in a while, I post a picture of an installation with the help and me. Get comments like "Gee, I didn't know you did that kind of stuff" and it has led to significant leads. This is a changing world and I never thought I would be operating a sign business that is now mostly computer generated when I bought my first sables and temperas 60 years ago at age 11. Use the tools available.

--------------------
Jerry Starpoli
Starpoli Signs... since 1952

845-795-2438

Posts: 446 | From: Milton, NY US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have 4 pages.
1. me.
2. A SIGN MINT
3. POTTER JOE
4. TAI CHI of pensacola
i can be anywhere internet service is available, open a computer/iphone/kindel/or any phone with internet.........and show pics of what i have done.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like FB to talk & share things with my family & friends. My sister & I purposely take pictures over our weekends to share. That part is fun. I sometimes post my work on there for my family to see, haven't put a business page on there yet.

I think what nags at me is, like what Tim was mentioning, privacy. What is it that I post could benefit a bad person, to harm me or try to weasel into my life somehow?

Ok, I know I risk you guys thinking I am nuts, but picture this scenario.....our country, with it's defense funding drastically being cut, gets invaded by some nasty people. Some of us go into hiding, & they know where to find us, from all the information we have posted online about ourselves. They know our likes & dislikes & are able to pretend to be someone they are not, to gain our trust.....Tim, what do you think about this idea? And Tim, from what you know about online security, if we delete our FB page, & all things, is it REALLY deleted from the internet? I notice these posts are not, on this site, they are here indefinetely, right? For future searches for help with our sign industry.

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Faig
Visitor
Member # 6104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Faig   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Faig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we go into hiding, and they know where we are, we aren't hiding very well.

--------------------
Mike
gatlinburg Sign Crafters

Posts: 1051 | From: Gatlinburg, TN | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bobbie, I would worry about our own governments use of this information. Your scenario is overly dramatic and silly. (no offense)

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our government already HAS our information.

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
let me see, as a kid in the 50's, i didnt need a SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER till i got my 1st job at 12-13, i was working on a farm planting pine trees on Saturdays. 50 CENTS AN HOUR... and had to have SS# to work.
NOW, kids are born.....GET A SS#!!!! and they have these FINGERPRINT YOUR CHILD programs, WHO GETS THOSE FILES???? i wasnt fingerprinted till i went to jail one nite at 15)))))). joined military FINGERPRINTED, BLOOD TYPED, PHOTO and given another number other then a SS#.
the only place you can get lost, is the WITNESS PROTECTION PROGRAM, but then its the govt that makes that possible.
AINT NOWHERE YOU CAN HIDE.........

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Barrow
Deceased

Member # 576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Barrow   Email Tim Barrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once your information is out there, there is no going back,...there are servers mining info and backing it up remotely constantly for whatever purposes good or bad,...this being said, if you post information, it is out there stored somewhere available to someone or some program,...google and yahoo most recently were accused of scanning mail from servers other than their own and posting related ads on the recievers' page related to the topic of an email from an outside source other than gmail.com and yahoo.com. They claimed no individual read the emails only a program does,...whats wrong with this picture?????? I found out back in 1990 how much information could be found about me online from a programmer friend of mine and it alarmed me then,...jump ahead 22 years and you get the picture,...it is amazing to me the private information folks will submit and offer up for the privilege of using an online service and or to see or use some sites. many photos taken with smart phones have embedded gps data in the resulting jpg that can tell a savvy tech person exactly where and when the photo was taken. the list goes on and on,...my personal rule of thumb is to not divulge any information that I would not want to be public knowledge,...this includes my current contact information(to eliminate spam and junk mail,telemarketing phone calls,etc.) and any personal information I would not put on a billboard or publish on a full page newspaper ad. As for the Govt. they have access to so much information it is scary ,so the less you give out the less they can gain access to. You and I have many rights to privacy that are protected only if you and I utilize them,once you divulge information it is gone and out there,period.

edited to add,...todays smartphones contain a tremendous amount of personal data and smart identity thieves target the users because they often as not leave bluetooth access unprotected. The same goes for wireless networks and the gps on your cellphone that will give someone your exact location at any given moment. These options are often hidden behind a confusingly complicated vague settings menu inside the devices. the list goes on and on,...the more tech dependant we become as rule indicates the more risk we assume with our personal information

[ July 05, 2012, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Tim Barrow ]

--------------------
fly low...timi/NC is,
Tim Barrow
Barrow Art Signs
Winston-Salem,NC

Posts: 2224 | From: Winston-Salem,NC,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Gaffney
Resident

Member # 4240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Gaffney   Author's Homepage   Email Kevin Gaffney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree with Tim there. Thing is, I don't really mind much where my Facebook stuff ends up. It's mainly photos, stupid posts slagging some of my friends or snippets about work I've done that day. Can't see how anyone would want any of that stuff. People just need to be careful they don't put any sensitive stuff out there,

--------------------
Kevin Gaffney
Artistik Signs
Kinnegad
County Westmeath
Ireland
044-75187
kevingaffney@eircom.net

Posts: 628 | From: Ireland | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Haffner
Resident

Member # 12445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Haffner   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Haffner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried having a "facebook" site for my business but it didn't get anywhere close to the viewing that my personal page did when I post projects. It's been a huge benefit and has helped me sell a great deal!

--------------------
Doug Haffner
Haffner Signs
www.haffnersigns.com
309-338-9570
211 W. Williams
Wyoming, Il

Posts: 211 | From: Wyoming, Illinois | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My FB page provides one of my main sources of traffic to my blog.

How I use it:

My blog earns via high volume traffic. So whenever I have a new post up, I'll do a highlight on facebook which sends the traffic over.

If they missed the highlight, no worries. If you post again, there's another chance they'll click on your page, scroll and see what they all missed. So posting more than less is helpful.

I'll create a topic of discussion on FB, then bring up old related blog posts to chime in.

I use FB on it's own to communicate to those I can no longer keep up with on the blog. Communication is a big BIIIIG deal and it's easy there. One post can address thousands at the same time vs. emailing or commenting one on one.

Showcasing progress of work can also gear them up to want to see the finished project.

One day when I have something to sell (ie: ebooks), I've already established a following to my type of work which will help to generate sales. The seeds have been planted. [Smile]

My advice? Fire up a blog of your work, post frequently and use facebook to send them over for a visit. What better way is there to get them to knock on your online door several times a day?

You can see how I use my FB page at: Funky Junk Facebook

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK- just to give an example of the potential use of one's info that is floating around out there- a few months ago, I was playing drums with a band at a little out of the way bar and grill- when I went to leave, I found that my pickup truck had been stolen- come to find out, it was stolen by a guy who had been at the show and was asked by the owners (who knew he was a dope head, car thief) to leave. Several people at the bar ID ed the guy, and they even had video footage of the guy taking my truck. The police also knew the guy very well, but I didn't have a clue who he was, I just wanted my property back.

A "friend" that I ran across did a little investigating on his own- and just by using FB, he was able to find out "who" the guy was, "who" his list of relatives and close friends, "Where" he lived- including a Google street view of his house and his parents house, "Where" his family worked, and countless ways to "Contact" each and every one of them- with a simple click of a button, a barrage of emails and reward posters mysteriously ended up at all of the addresses- This kinda creeped me out, so I had to tell my "friend" to back off or he would have really started hacking info, phone #s, business contacts, etc.- really making this thief's life and everyone who came in contact with him, miserable...

The hacker's plan was to attack not only the thief, but all his friends and family, who would just get so annoyed that they would turn him in for the reward--and this guy is a "good guy" hacker- I would hate to see what the bad guys can do with all the info floating around out there.

I still have no truck, and the thief (who is a career criminal) has been in police custody at least twice since then--the police don't seem to want do much about getting my truck back- I'm very tempted to try and find this hacker again and turn him loose on the guy...

It kinda made me think about all the info that I put out there without even thinking about it...

--------------------
Michael Clanton
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794

Posts: 1735 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Barrow
Deceased

Member # 576

you should have listened to your hacker/friends advice,....the police might have enough evidence to keep the guy in jail and you might very well have your truck back with a little luck,...who knows?

--------------------
fly low...timi/NC is,
Tim Barrow
Barrow Art Signs
Winston-Salem,NC

jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outside of making art and selling it on occasion, I am completely retired at the moment and it helps to keep contact with people.
Real Ralph, for example just notified me that he and his wife are visiting Portland, and would like to stop by during their travels.
So it does come in handy to stay in contact and find old friends if they have a page...

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Luck   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Luck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use facebook everyday to see what's going on with friends and family, but occasionally I'll post a photo of a sign that I did. It gets great response and let's everyone know what I am doing which leads to more sign work.

It is a great way to keep your name and business on people's minds that always leads to a sign job. I believe a blog works well too, but takes a lot more time to keep it going. I need some "me" time occasionally so I don't want to be tied down to a blog.

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 870 | From: 2718-b Grovelin Godfrey, Illinois 62035 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use it for keeping up with friends, family & occasionally post stuff I'm working on. Through FB, I got into a words with friends game with a customer - who then sent me a message on the game that she needed to reorder decals. That one surprised me.

Russ, I've deleted the 'negative' people from my daily life too, as much as possible. It's been amazing. [Smile]

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dittos to that Russ. All gardens need occasional weeding.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Davidson
Visitor
Member # 531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Davidson   Email Bill Davidson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooo, I like the story from over here where a young girl was helping her grandmother count some money in her home, put a picture on FB of the two of them and the cash.
Next day, robbed of all the loot!
No, I don;t use FB.

--------------------
Bill'n'Annie Davidson
Heathcote, NSW, Aus.
my Aussie wife,
a Toohey's Old,
my Holden Ute,
Retired from the rat race!

Posts: 309 | From: Heathcote, NSW, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David O'Hanlon
Visitor
Member # 2754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David O'Hanlon   Author's Homepage   Email David O'Hanlon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one says your FB info has too be 100% correct. My bio says that I'm a Seal Clubber for John West.

--------------------
Army Dave
Oz

Posts: 229 | From: Brisbane, Oz | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael, isnt there a problem with your hacker friend causing a lot of trouble for the thief's friends? Cdnt they and the thief trace what they get back to you or your hacker friend?

There was a case recently of a lawyer, who shd have been smarter, who tried to set up someone he didnt like. He called the cops from a pay phone and then split. The cops traced the call, noticed that the phone booth was within the view of a nearby store's video camera, and got pix of the guy. He's now facing a few years in prison.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel
Visitor
Member # 3837

I think i woulda just posted that the theif was a man who enjoyed sticking needles in kittens.. and included his address.. Then added please "like and share" ..
I'd bet it woulda all worked itself out in time [Wink]

--------------------
Gonzalo Curiel
Peewee Signs & designs
Oroville Ca 95965

Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

yep- I'm thinking it COULD have gotten ugly, nothing bad was done though- just sending out a note of what happened and a wanted poster with the contact number of the investigator to some of his friends and family... nothing new for them- he's been busted at least twice since the incident and bailed out each time by his drug buddies... like I said, my hacker friend COULD have made things ugly for a lot of people, but with my luck, I would have been the one to go down...

but the intent of the post was to show how easy it is for someone to access a bunch of info that you would have never thought of...

--------------------
Michael Clanton
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!