Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » WHERE ARE THEY NOW.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WHERE ARE THEY NOW.....
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few missing Letterheads have come to mind recently:

Bob Stephens, last posted in 2006. Where are you?

Jerry VanHorn, last posted in 2011. Where are you?

Just curious

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3484 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Bob got eaten by one of his snakes.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Donahue
Resident

Member # 3624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Donahue   Author's Homepage   Email James Donahue   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might be as simple as an email, but I wonder about Arthur Vanson, Cam Bortz. Here's a thread with both of them:
talk about lettering

--------------------
James Donahue
Donahue Sign Arts
1851 E. Union Valley Rd.
Seymour TN. (865) 577-3365 brushman@nxs.net

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch,
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2057 | From: 1033 W. Union Valley Rd. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cam bortz is on facebook
bob stephens i think is
http://www.skywatchsigns.com/

[ May 29, 2012, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Blair
Resident

Member # 951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Blair   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Blair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jerry has been busy with his electrical sign fab expansion and also recently went thru the big D. He has been working hard to get back in shape to race the motorcycle road course circuit again.

--------------------
Dana Blair
Blair Signs
Wooster, OH
www.blairsigns.com

If sign makers go on strike, is there anything written on their picket signs?

Posts: 835 | From: Wooster, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by James Donahue:
I wonder about Arthur Vanson, Cam Bortz.

Thanks James, I noticed them missing too. This place just isn't the same when some of the family is missing. [Frown]

[Cool]

[ May 29, 2012, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Rick Beisiegel ]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3484 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arthur Vanson
Deceased

Member # 2855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arthur Vanson   Author's Homepage   Email Arthur Vanson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
James, it’s so kind of you to remember me – thank you.

Back in early 2009 I had a Radical Oesophagectomy which – along with the chemo and radio-therapy put me out of action for the best part of a year.
Somehow, with all the who-ha, I lost the habit of posting at Letterville, although I do keep my eye on you all quite regularly.

The great news, from my point of view, is that I’m completely cured and back at work on the River Thames – AND, I weigh less than when I was a teenager 

I’m sad there doesn’t seem to be the amount of activity on Letterville that there used to be but, as a guilty party, I can hardly complain.

I wish all at Letterville the very best and long may you continue to enlighten and entertain.

Arthur

--------------------
Arthur Vanson
Bucks Signs
Chesham, Buckinghamshire,
England
arthur@buckssigns.co.uk
--------------------

Posts: 805 | From: Chesham, Bucks, England | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arthur - glad you're doing well!! Miss seeing your portfolio pieces....

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arthur,

I'm happy you're doing better. I've always enjoyed your work, input, and typography. I've learned a bunch from you.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Allen   Author's Homepage   Email Jay Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should read some of Arthur's writings . . . He's equally skilled with his 'prose' . . .

I still have them, Arthur. Do you remember? [Smile]

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com
http://www.shawcraft.com/

"The object of the superior man is truth."
-Confucius

Posts: 1285 | From: Machesney Park, IL, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Donahue
Resident

Member # 3624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Donahue   Author's Homepage   Email James Donahue   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arthur, recently I decided to have another look at OHV in Sign Work, by Bill Stewart. At times like that I'm reminded of you.

--------------------
James Donahue
Donahue Sign Arts
1851 E. Union Valley Rd.
Seymour TN. (865) 577-3365 brushman@nxs.net

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch,
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2057 | From: 1033 W. Union Valley Rd. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bob stevens posts at 101

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arthur Vanson
Deceased

Member # 2855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arthur Vanson   Author's Homepage   Email Arthur Vanson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Todd, I did enjoy doing some of those, thanks.

David, "LHF Sedona" is purely down to your suggestion. I know it's not a pure Essendine Bold, but it is my version of the bold Roman faces that were seen on every High Street in the land and which were very much part of every writer's armoury.

Thanks Jay, I do remember and I'm still in thrall to contents of the Becker file folder you gave me the oportunity of winning. What a fabulous body of work that is.

James, I'm ashamed to say I don't know of 'OHV In Sign Work', by Bill Stewart but, will certainly do some research, thanks for the tip.

--------------------
Arthur Vanson
Bucks Signs
England
arthur@buckssigns.co.uk
--------------------

Posts: 805 | From: Chesham, Bucks, England | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Osborne
Visitor
Member # 4569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Osborne   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Osborne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Arthur-
Glad your mended and still with us !
There will be plenty of gold leaf on the Thames this weekend... Maybe Her Majesty would like a quick touch up?

Take it easy, and keep posting .

--------------------
Wayne Osborne signs
Midhurst W.Sussex U.K
www.osbornesigns.co.uk

"When happiness shows up always give it a comfortable seat"

Posts: 353 | From: Midhurst ,West sussex, Britain | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Arthur,

Although I have been gone a while as well, I am so glad you are doing better. Thanks for checking back as well; take care!

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Scargill
Visitor
Member # 2258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Scargill   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Scargill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Arthur,
Great to hear from you,I was thinking about you only last week and wondered how you were getting on. Keep well my friend and enjoy the bank holiday weekend.

Brian.

--------------------
Brian the Brush
brian the brush uk
Yorkshire, UK
www.brianthebrushuk.com

Posts: 123 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it is good to hear from you and even better that your are doing well health wise!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Arthur,

I just checked out Sedona. I'll be checking out, too.

Essendine is one of my all time favorite fonts and Sedona will complement it so well as a bold style in the same general family.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Arthur Vanson
Deceased

Member # 2855

What a lovely welcome from you all! Thank you.

Deb, Wayne and Brian, I think you are almost as guilty as I am for posting so little lately.

Wayne, it was great to see some really beautiful work from you in those Sign Directions type of magazines. Did you post any of the pictures here? If so I missed them, if not - you must.

I don’t often get my brushes out these days but when I do, it’s nearly all river related. I did some liferings in an attempt to smarten up the locks along the Olympic corridor but didn’t do any work for the Queen’s Pageant this weekend. However, it is fantastic to see so many of the boats on their way downstream to take part in the thousand boat flotilla. I’ve seen some truly beautiful lettering (and some truly appalling as well!).
I’m on duty at Marlow Lock this weekend and I’m hoping a lot of the usual suspects will be viewing the Pageant down in London, which will make my life a little less hectic than it was last weekend.
I really love this boat, though I haven’t seen it in the flesh yet. One of my colleagues posted some pictures here:

Thames Forum topic http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316494

Neil, I see you are posting some great airbrush work, well done.

So, where is everyone else then? There are so many who we don’t see these days!

[ June 01, 2012, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: Arthur Vanson ]

--------------------
Arthur Vanson
Bucks Signs
England
arthur@buckssigns.co.uk
--------------------

Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we did get one of them to come say hello. Arthur, so glad you're doing better. We've all missed you. Don't be a stranger!

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!