Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Heather calling and wants to lower your CC rates

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Heather calling and wants to lower your CC rates
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

Heather or Ann has been calling every day. Above is the FCC complaint link. If you are getting these, file a complaint. It only takes a minute.

We'll teach those 'women' to not mess with us!

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The FCC does nothing about the complaints. It's up to you to block the number calling, which means you must have Caller ID.

I make it a practice to be really nasty to all spam callers. I regard it as my civic duty. I think treating them with a civil manner is immoral.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just filed a complaint with the Attorney General's office... same CC calls.... I selected "1" to talk to a 'salesman' and then tore into the D-bag and told him I am on the Do-Not-Call registry - - so TAKE ME OFF YOUR LIST AND DON'T CALL AGAIN!!

He responded by calling me back about 12 times in 5 minutes and calling me a M-F'er over and over again. I finally had to unplug my phone... and then I sent in a complaint to the AG...we'll see. Telemarketers are the butt-cheese on a slime ball.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
most of the crap I get is recorded messages, so they don't even give you the satisfaction of yelling at them...

BTW-if you ever really want to get back at someone you hate, tell a timeshare company that you already own property but are thinking of selling- then give your enemy's name and number to "contact"-- it will drag on for years and years and years.... ask me how I know (although mine was not somebody that directly hated me, they just gave a random name, and picked my phone # at random as well...)

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1735 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait until you've been "swatted".

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't spend any time one these people. As soon as I know what kind of call it is, I hang up.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just like everyone...I hate telemarketers....

If it is a guy calling I ask "gay" kinda questions about him...

If it is a girl calling I ask horny male kinda questions.

They hang up in a hurry either way...Hey THEY called and harrased me to start with!!!

Sometimes I even get really creative and think "What would Steve Shortreed come up with"? [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rachael from card holder services has been calling for years.. I hate her.

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5273 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Henry
Visitor
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Henry   Email Ken Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To place the shoe on the other foot...ever wonder what the voice on the other end looks like ? Most especially with those flirt call centres that advertise themselves as "singles hotlines". Their TV ads usually feature very attractive young ladies, who apparently populate their hotlines and are all very eager to hear from you.

I recall watching an episode of the old TV series "Hill Street Blues" where a retired "madame" worked a battery of phones as her retirement part-time job. While her looks were way past her best/before date, her voice was apparently convincing enough that she got enough return calls from male admirers for make herself worth while to the call centre that employed her "services". The "hottie" one sees in the TV commercials was the farthest thing from the reality of that old hag who was the actual voice on the other end.

--------------------
Ken Henry
Henry & Henry Signs
London, Ontario Canada
(519) 439-1881
e-mail: kjmlhenry@rogers.com

Why do I get all those on-line offers to sell me Viagara, when the only thing hardening is my arteries ?

Posts: 2684 | From: London,Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo Davila
Visitor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo Davila   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo Davila   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just answer the phone and tell them that I am busy, at the moment, and cannot talk to him or her......and, immediately, tell them: "If you give me your home phone number, I promise you that I will call you tonight, so we can talk.

....Usually, the response I get is the same: "I do not do business at home.".......My reply is always the same: "Neither do I A__H___ !"....then, I hang up.

It works for me.

--------------------
Ricardo Davila
Showroom Window Advertising
P.O. Box 1376
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083

Posts: 1180 | From: Edmond, Oklahoma | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised that there isnt one bright hacker out there somewhere who would mount an attack on the spam callers. It's well known who they are and where their operations are.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rodger MacMunn
Visitor
Member # 4316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rodger MacMunn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have call display but I can tell an incoming long distance call ........ I answer them in french, If it's a customer, I switch to english. If not ... "je ne parle pas bien anglais" works most of the time .... except when the telemarketer is calling from Quebec. Then I'm screwed ... but I'm not fluent in french either.
The occassional one gets past & on slow days I play with them a bit but I won't be rude. Most telemarketers are someone's kid who just can't find a better job & they don't like what they're doing any better than we do.

--------------------
Rodger MacMunn
T.R. MacMunn & Sons
C.P.207, Sharbot Lake, ON
613-279-1230
trmac@frontenac.net

Posts: 472 | From: Sharbot Lake, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it would be awesome if someone could send a virus back thru the phone line and blow their whole facility up!

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Smith
Visitor
Member # 146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes I tell them they sound like they deserve a better job and hope they find it.

How can we attack the call centers?

--------------------
Frank Smith
Frank Smith Signs
Albany, NY
www.franksmithsigns.com

Posts: 807 | From: Albany, NY USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously, Heather has few fans, here at Letterville. Poor thing. She has such a nice and perky attitude. We all should file the complaints with the FCC and maybe, just maybe some bureaucrat will get some results.

http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How to get rid of Telemarketers / you'll love it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zvVVgBSH6bo

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

"Most telemarketers are someone's kid who just can't find a better job & they don't like what they're doing any better than we do."
Really? I've yet to come across a single one who replied, "Sorry to have bothered you" or anything to that effect.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!