Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » 10,000 Posts! Glenn Taylor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 10,000 Posts! Glenn Taylor
Tony Lucero
Visitor
Member # 1470

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tony Lucero   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Lucero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glenn Man! I saw you've hit 10,000 posts on Letterville. You've gotten into some real interesting back-and-forths with some members, but I want to say that you have helped a bunch of us with your experience, common sense, and ability to express yourself on this forum. Wonder who holds the record for posts?

--------------------
Tony Lucero
Eagle Graphics
Waterford, MI
www.eaglegph.com

Posts: 305 | From: Waterford, MI, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know who holds the record, but I can say with certainty and gratitude that Glenn consistently makes Letterville worth visiting. Thanks, Glenn.....

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Boone
Deceased

Member # 308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Boone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its important to know as well...that even though he lives down south..he still talks American..with no axent

--------------------
Michael Boone
Sign Painter
5828 Buerman Rd.Sodus,NY 14551

Posts: 3223 | From: Sodus,NY,USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, thanks very much, Glenn!

I'm wondering if OP has the uppercase record? [Wink]

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glenn is a gem - always willing to help.

Op might also hold the world record for use of the parenthesis.... ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if the healthcare debate holds any record for the length of a post...I know Glenn was a big part of that as was I...in fact he daily "whooped my butt" with his indomitable spirit...for those unfamiliar with the term...it is a compliment. [Wink] ...I should also mention his compadre Todd...who was a big part of that brouhaha as well...though we held diametrically opposing views on the subject it was actually alot of fun...and I came away from that debate with the recognition that Glenn is a pretty darn brilliant guy...and from his contributions to Letterville he has also gained my respect as the consumate businessman...and talented signmaker.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glenn- you da MAN!

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walldog was one of the first Letterheads I met after Banff. I liked him in an instant. I'm not so sure he thought the same of me. The place was the Gerber booth at the ISA show in Orlando. Glenn was known as Walldog, I of course was signdog. The first thing that same out of my mouth was, "I don't know what to do, shake your hand or sniff you." I can't image what raced through his head just then. We did however opt for shaking hands. It's just as well otherwise someone else at ISA might be telling this story. That was many, many years ago. Since then, Glenn and I have talked and collaborated on several occasions. We agree to disagree on occasion, but that's mutually acceptable, so be it.
I got to thinking (I know that sounds a little out of character, [Smile] If we make a post and later follow the replies, we conservatively spend 15 minutes on every post we make. So now for a little math. 10,000 x .25 = 2500 Hrs. / 24 = 104 Days. If those were billable hours @ $80.00 / hr. that would be $80,000. 15 minutes per post is more than conservative, so you'd have to think $100.000. would be closer.
Cwap, what a sacrifice.
Good on ya Glenn. I hope our paths cross again someday. [Smile]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give a guy a swelled head, why don'tcha! Geez.

This just proves two things. One, I have no social life. And two, I've got the chance to meet some really great people because of Letterville.

Seriously, you all mean a lot to me. Thanks folks! [Smile]

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If this is a "thank you Glenn" post, count me it! Not just here, but on the phone too. I am appreciative of all you have done for us. You are on my must visit list.

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3485 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glenn's Full of it! lol No he's not, I remember one time while trying to set up my Software Glenn Patiently talked me through it on the Phone... I've often thought of that day.... Yes he's one of the Good Guys.. even though we have differences sometimes, there's always mutual respect!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Letterville is a much better place because of Glen.
Bill

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Ditto" what everybody said. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1266 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Todd... OP MIGHT hold the record?? OP replaces the parentheses keys on his keyboard at least once a month.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5397 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...with CAPS LOCK on and spell correction disconnected!

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL.... yeah, our Letterville buddy OP probably has tandem keyboards hardwired so he can do 'parenthesis' with both hands.

Rusty, I apparently have a lot of work to do to catch up to Glenn... because, while receiving an honorable mention... I didn't notice the term 'brilliant' in conjunction with my name. hehehe. Oh well, I am happy, proving the saying: Ignorance is Bliss. :-)

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you'll all call me while I spend some time in jail this March.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What????????

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

RE: Jail - - Is that for a 'lockout' benefit????

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Yeah, ya got me Todd. [Smile]

I'll be participating in the MDA Lock-Up this March. So, if any of you are interested in helping me with my "bail", please email me. Its all for a great cause.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know Glenn remembers now, because I reminded him recently, but this post seems like a good time to thank Glenn for being the random guy on the internet (site called "color.com" I think) that first told me about 4edgetalk.com, which led me to many letterheads, and soon thereafter to Letterville! Thanks Glenn!

(also seems to be a good time to thank Duncan for reminding me to check in here once in a while, at least!)

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!