Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Newbies and Lurkers Please Read

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Newbies and Lurkers Please Read
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I occasionally look at the IM page and see who's here. That's right, anyone logged in has their name listed and I'm seeing a lot of people who've never posted here.

A few things you should know:
The whole concept of Letterheads (and Letterville)is based on teaching, learning and sharing. We may appear grumpy occasionally, but we're a very friendly bunch and a lot of the reason we share our experience is so you can avoid the pain - don't be afraid to jump in and ask a question or advice. Somebody here has already paid the price and will be glad to help.

If you're uncomfortable jumping in, there's a link at the top right of this page - "search" - type in a few key words and the vast archive of years on this forum are yours to explore. I've gotten a lot of info that saved my butt (and my wallet).

This is a great site, full of great people with great information. Nobody knows everything and we can all help each other out. Stop in and say hello - we'd like to welcome you and you may just meet your new best friend......

[ December 10, 2011, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: Sonny Franks ]

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Smith
Resident

Member # 1308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Smith   Email John Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lurk .... therefore .... I am

--------------------
John Smith
Kings Bay Signs (Retired)
Kissimmee, Florida

Posts: 816 | From: Central Florida - The Sunshine State | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember being a newbie and wanted so badly to ask questions but didn't think I was worthy...lol
I'm glad Rick Sacks encouranged me to do so...1+ yrs ago..
Sometimes I have trouble just shutting up now!! [Rolling On The Floor]
A:)

--------------------
Adrienne Pereira
Splash Signs

Port Angeles, WA
----------------
"Sure, it's colder in the Northwest, but...it's a damp cold!"

360-477-5656
splashsigns@msn.com

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is not that years and years experience has made me remember what I sometimes need, but moreover this is a place where a question can yield many new ideas that might make me want to try something I have long forgotten. Us oldsters get comfort from our fellow brains here, including and especially the younger ones who just might have some ideas that we have never thought of. Knowledge is power and we here at Letterville share that knowledge freely. That is why I come here. All of you here make part of my every day a little more enjoyable!

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John and A - lurkers, maybe, but certainly not newbies. There are so many people here that I know and love - I hope the fringe folks jump in and keep the ball rolling.......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie Lohmeyer
Visitor
Member # 2076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bernie Lohmeyer   Email Bernie Lohmeyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sunny ya no how hard it is to type on here with the mouse in one hand and a Beer in the other ....he he he he...... and you know how Quiet I am and shy.....he he he

--------------------
Bernie Lohmeyer
Bernman Graphics
Osage City, KS

Posts: 268 | From: Osage City,Kansas U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonny is the perfect spokesperson for the Bullboard, he has shared so much information. A great guy to know too.
Bill

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Bill, I appreciate your comment, but I don't hold a candle to most of the folks here who I've learned so much from, yourself included. After 40 years in this crazy business, I still come up with new ways to screw something up. The purpose of my post is to encourage all those people who visit here to share their knowledge and friendship. You and I both know how many fantastic friends we've met here, even the timid Mr. Lohmeyer......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonny Franks rocks!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Beach
Visitor
Member # 9850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Beach   Email Dan Beach       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I post sometimes, but usually don't have too much to say.

--------------------
Dan Beach
Cylinder 9 Designs
1650 Glassboro Rd
Sewell, NJ 08080

Posts: 625 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That there might be lurkers watching here makes me feel a little creepy.

[ December 12, 2011, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan,

Not having much to say has never stopped me from posting...

...well, maybe it should have!

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Hall
Resident

Member # 2153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Hall   Email Kelly Hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep I admit it .....I'm mostly a lurker....no wait...a listener..lol

--------------------
Kelly Hall
Keltech Signs
Fergus, Ont.

Posts: 38 | From: Fergus, Ont. Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adrienne, I'm still not worthy.

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Beach
Visitor
Member # 9850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Beach   Email Dan Beach       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David Harding:
Dan,

Not having much to say has never stopped me from posting...

...well, maybe it should have!

Haha, nice!

--------------------
Dan Beach
Cylinder 9 Designs
1650 Glassboro Rd
Sewell, NJ 08080

Posts: 625 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a great day when Sonny stumbled into Letterville. What a huge difference he and his wife Peg made in our lives. We've been guests at their home in Atlanta. Jammed out in his basement and dragged my fat butt all over a mountain.

Kelly was one of my sign babies. Known her most of my life. Her Sister In Law is my neighbour. Still looks as good as she did at 17. Nothing livened up the shop more than Kelly shaking her booty to I'm A Man by Spencer Davis Group.

John is the official cook of Letterville. I remember buying gas down at his corner for 80 cents a gallon.

What can I say about Bill? He's been an inspiration and what I call the conscience of Letterville. As long as Bill and folks like Ray Chapman keep hanging out here, I figure I must be doing something right.

I could write a book on Bruce. We've spent a bunch of time together. Years ago, we broadcast his wedding on HeadTV. Tried for the Honeymoon, but Dana said no. [Smile]

Keep those brushes and paint handy. It won't be long before today's young whippersnappers will rediscover the love of hand lettering that brought us together. Cherish the friendships and memories. ot a day passes that I don't think of you guys.

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You Talkin' To Me...?

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!