Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Where did everyone go? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Where did everyone go?
Nikki Goral
Resident

Member # 7844

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nikki Goral   Author's Homepage   Email Nikki Goral       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just have been so busy that I don't get on every day (like at lunch)since I haven't been eating lunch for about 2 weeks! I have had some responses to other's questions and my own.

I like that this forum is "technical".

I like Facebook for trivial things and keeping in touch with my family who are spread throughout the country. I only accept requests from family and close friends and block the heck out of everyone else. I don't think I would join a FB Letterhead group though...then again, on some people's posts, I would like a "like" button!

--------------------
Nikki Goral
Image Advantage Signs
4050 Champeau Road
New Franken, WI 54229
920-465-4500
"Finish every day and be done with it. Tomorrow is a new day."-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 928 | From: New Franken, WI (East Green Bay) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty Happy
Resident

Member # 302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marty Happy   Author's Homepage   Email Marty Happy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still check in here at least once daily but rarely post... I guess I have nothing particularly useful to contribute nor of note to show-off compared to some of the 'superheroes' here.

I rarely visit the 'other forum' some speak of.... I like it here despite a downturn in traffic and hope to see many former regulars return. This is the first forum of this kind I found and I remain loyal.

I have to say that I do like the ease of posting photos on Facebook and I would likely do it more often here if it wasn't an ordeal that Barb often had to fix for me.

--------------------
Happy Signing...... Marty

M.F. (Marty) Happy
Signmaker Since 1974
Happy Ad Sign & Design
Regina SK, Canada S4N 5K4
306-789-9567
happyad@sasktel.net
www.happyad.ca

Get Happy & Get Noticed!

Posts: 773 | From: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Berry
Visitor
Member # 2604

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Berry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still visit, don't post much. But, I think this is by far the best sign related board on the net!

--------------------
Mike Berry
New England

Posts: 534 | From: New England | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, I've heard all the evidence and am ready to render judgment. Letterville is fine just the way it is. I'm not a geek like most of you are -- i do practicallyeverything by hand, using the old techniques and materials -- and I cant make Facebook work at all, whereas I have no trouble with Letterville.
I'm surprised at the remarks about some people here getting in others' faces, etc. I hadnt noticed anything but a few disagreements like you'd find in any group. And I hope Letterville doesnt turn into the sort of thing you get on a lot of Facebook groups where everyone is supposed to be nothing but very warm and loving and supportive all the time, sending each other "hugs" and "Awesome"s.
I know I'm not one of the old-timers here or a pro in the sign painting business, but I think Letterville shd be like a bar you drop in regularly and hang out with a bunch of other sign painters.
Best thing about Letterville is that it pays no attention to the no smoking laws.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Busy!

Work: The shop has completely taken off. April set my record monthly sales for the 10 years I've been doing this. September blew past that number. If the weather & my supplier cooperate, I'll beat that new number next week.

Fire: Put in 276 hours of classes & 10-11 hours of certification testing so far this year. If I wouldn't have fallen off the ladder, I'd say I was done for the year but now I have to re-do part of my practical evaluation.

Life: I got one! Divorce was the best thing I ever did. Really started enjoying my life earlier this year, then met a great guy who makes me enjoy it even more.

I still pop in here once in a while, but I don't post like I used to.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still creep on you guys too sometimes!!! My years in the sign business seem like a distant memory but I'll never forget the the people I've met, the friends I've made here and ALL of the help I recieved from this forum for 10 years. My questions went from, "where do I start? what kind of board to I use? How do I seal the edges? to flying out to meets and to California to learn about my brand new digital printer...no wonder the 10 years flew by so fast!! For those of you interested, the girl that bought my business (almost 5 years ago!!) Is still going strong! She has about 5 employees I think and is backlogged just like I was!!
I have a totally different job now and got rid of about 85% stress from being self employed. I love my life, my family, and I love all you Letterhead friends!! [Smile]

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I check in several times a day. At the shop, I'm too busy to post. Away from the shop, I'm surfing on the iphone, which doesn't lend well to posting. At home, I rarely turn on the laptop or desktop. I'm spending a lot of time reading and surfing on my ipad. It isn't ideal for posting, especially pics. I love this place and the people here. Before Internet, I spent a lot of time on BBSs with the old 1440 dial up. It was fantastic at the time, but that's ancient history.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!