Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » thinkin of a Walldog Meet in Fresno

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: thinkin of a Walldog Meet in Fresno
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got invited to a meeting with some art people from the downtown area here in Fresno, CA and one of the big art galleries early next week to discuss what I know about Walldog Meets.
I've been a project leader at five so far. To host one I only know what I've heard from others. And almost everyone said "it's a massive job!" But...each one I've been to so far seem to get better, although I do see the stress especially like the last one in Plymouth where the weather almost took over. I was going to call some of you host leaders tonight but realized the time zone difference, so maybe tomorrow I might be making calls I can have some ammo to talk about.
Now my next question and forgive me if I asked this before, but how many would like to come to Fresno. One thing I remember was a bigger city like Minneapolis (love that city) where everyone was more scattered then the smaller towns. Over here I think they want to take one section of the downtown are where I painted "Welcome to the Mural District." Recently I just painted another wall with the same message on the other side of this area. I think they want to kick this area off. From what I hear they have six walls they are giving up thru with just conversation. I think if the word gets out it could be alot more. I like to hear from some of you other Project Leaders, if you have an interest and from other Host Leaders. Also timing...I guess next year is taken for Colorado? any ideas give me a call tomorrow...

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, I'm there.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3819 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Cisco,

I am up for a trip West and I'll help in any way I can. I helped Kurt Gaber do some of the planning for the Brush Bash 2 up in Chippewa Falls, WI in 2006. I've been to a few of these things now and would give input where I can. I've seen some things that worked really well and a few things that could use improvement.

Give me a call Brother...

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With all your experience, this one should go over the top.
The last three were great improvements over what they used to be.
Bill

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do it in 2013, or later. It's not fair to schedule one when there is already and earlier meet planned.

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do it when it's not 90 degrees in the shade

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6718 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gerald Barlow
Visitor
Member # 3477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerald Barlow   Author's Homepage   Email Gerald Barlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a good thing. Rick's right about the weather, but there are lots of cool weekends in Sept and Oct. I'll be there.

--------------------
Gerald Barlow
Artworx
Turlock, CA

artworx@bigvalley.net

Posts: 198 | From: Turlock, CA 95380, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brent Logan
Resident

Member # 6587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brent Logan   Email Brent Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in and let me know if I can be of any help. I've been wanting to get to Fresno. Only about 4 hours from here.

--------------------
Brent Logan
Reno, NV

Posts: 919 | From: Reno, NV | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright this is what I need to hear, sorry forgot to put my number, 559.355.3169

--------------------
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Victor Drapal
Visitor
Member # 17128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Victor Drapal   Email Victor Drapal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Cisco, [Applause]
Glad to see your thinking for a change. No matter
when or where the meet is Wendy and I will be there. Should there be anything we can do to help you don't hesitate to let us know. Good luck
stranger danger.
Victor

--------------------
Victor Drapal
Signs by Custom Cutting,Inc.
300 Dean Cr.
Bolingbrook, Illinois 60440
630-759-2734

Posts: 17 | From: Bolingbrook, Illinois | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
90 degrees in the shade sounds great to me right now. It was 110 here yesterday.

I might be up for Fresno but I'll also get side tracked by what's out Highways 41 and 180.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5089 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Moser
Visitor
Member # 6526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Moser   Email Jim Moser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in !

--------------------
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain !
Jim Moser Design
13342 C Grass Valley Ave.
Grass Valley, Ca. 95945
530-273-7615 jwmoser@att.net

Posts: 488 | From: Grass Valley, Ca. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IN...

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jackson Smart
Visitor
Member # 187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jackson Smart   Author's Homepage   Email Jackson Smart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Idea.....

I plan on being there if it all works out.

I can't take the heat tho...so it will depend on the time of the year. Living way up here has me spoiled. 70 degrees today and I think that is hot.
[Wink]

Jackson

--------------------
Jackson Smart
Jackson's Signs
Port Angeles, WA
...."The Straits of Juan De Fuca in my front yard and Olympic National Park in my backyard...

"Living on Earth is expensive...but it does include a free trip around the Sun"

Posts: 1000 | From: Port Angeles, Washington | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like fun to me!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds closer than most [Smile]

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Debbie Karr
Visitor
Member # 11598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Debbie Karr   Author's Homepage   Email Debbie Karr       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Cisco! You know that all you have to do is ask! I can give you any & all my notes & information since the Plymouth meet. I'm a stickler for details so hang in there when I start talking incessantly, or you can just hang up!

Dates? Mmmmmmm, 2013 would probably be best... we're hoping to be in Colorado next October if it's still going forward. I believe there's one in June next year in Illinois too. Wish we could be at all of them but the all mighty dollar hasn't paid us a visit in quite awhile.

Knee is healing but I'm still limping. Can't get on a scaffold yet or climb stairs so the rest of this year is dedicated to sit down work. That's ok, I've been wanting to do some canvas work anyway... now is the best time.

Give me a call whenever or shoot me an email. Take care mi amigo!

--------------------
Debbie Karr
Land’s End ARI
Artist/Illustrator

Posts: 45 | From: Florida/Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

To Alicia, Dale, Bill, Billy, Rick, Gerald, Brent, Victor, David, Jim, Jack, Jackson, Si and Doug, and everyone else who has added their voice...Thank you

I know this is all just hear say right now and nothing carved in stone, but who knows when you plant a seed what kind of flower or even a tree can come about.

Debbie, I'll be calling you later today, right now i'm a landscaper fixing my spinklers. glad to hear your knee is getting better, talk with you soon...

--------------------
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935

Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know I'm in!

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know you can call us anytime. You even have our cellphone # which I rarely give out! :-)
HUGS!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in too. Gotta keep up the Canadian Contingent. [Smile]

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!