Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Biscuits & Blues Walldog Micro Meet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Biscuits & Blues Walldog Micro Meet
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's said that whenever two or more Letterheads/Walldogs get together, it's a meet.
Brent and Elaine Logan, along with their sister and brother-in-law from Iowa met us at Biscuits & Blues in San Francisco to see Ana Popovic. We didn't paint any murals, but it was a great show. She's a Serbian blues guitar player/singer who will knock your socks off, audibly AND visually.

They were just coming in from a 12 hour flight from Frankfurt and went straight to the venue. As we got to the club, they were unloading equipment and my inner roadie kicked in, so I grabbed some amps and hauled them downstairs to the stage. (I'm still waiting for an invite to go on tour)

Between sets, I saw Mike Zito coming in who I knew from the Delbert cruise and he sat in on "House Burning Down" by Hendrix - they traded killer riffs for about 10 minutes and tore the place up.

Here's a few pics (bet you've never seen 6 inch stilettos working a wah-wah pedal before)

The gang:
 -

-

Ana and Mike:

-

She plays a mean slide:

-

Best bass player I've ever seen:

-

wah-wah time:

-

Needless to say, my favorite pic:

-

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummmm! 6 in heels and leather pants!

Ever wonder why wimmin in leather excite men?
They small like a new truck!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunset Regall
Resident

Member # 11140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sunset Regall   Author's Homepage   Email Sunset Regall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gots lots of friends going to see her tonight in Chico at the Sierra Nevada Brewery big Room.

Sonny...some of them are going on the Blues Cruise this Jan. Is that the one you went on?

--------------------
Sunset Regall
SUNSET DESIGNS
sunssette@gmail.com
www.sunsetsdesigns.com

Posts: 190 | From: chico, ca | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Chick can Tear the House down...
Would have liked to been there with y'alls acting
goofy...

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonny, you lucky dog!!

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Santo
Visitor
Member # 411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santo   Email Santo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonny, we gonna hook up and be Runnin Podners!

--------------------
Santo Brocato
Promotion Graphics & Letters
Spring, TX

Posts: 2501 | From: Spring, TX USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brenda Manor
Visitor
Member # 11618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brenda Manor   Email Brenda Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So did you show her your boots since she showed you her stilettos? [Wink] Looks like you guys had a great time. How cool is that?!

--------------------
3669 Astoria Dr.
Racine, WI 53402

Posts: 16 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Santo, we oughta meet up at the New Orleans JazzFest - that's been on my bucket list for a long time. Brenda, I didn't have my boots, but they would have paled in comparison to hers.

It's been a great week for music - we went to a Salsa club on Tuesday for Peggy's birthday and danced the Meringue - reiterating the fact I have ZERO rhythm and two left feet.

Then we saw Leon Russell and Bob Dylan last night:

-

-

[ July 29, 2011, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: Sonny Franks ]

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, sounds like a great time!! Bob Dylan and Leon Russell were some of my favorites back in the 70's. Blues has always been my favorite music type. I think the 70's was the BEST time for music. Kind of like how the 60's was for great cars.

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1266 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See now you all are making me sick.... I seen Dylon here a couple of years ago, he had his Oscar he won, on his speaker. Blues are my Favourite as well... always have been, well since SRV played here many moons ago, he just captivated me... Check out Sue Foley on line, she's a throw back, sort of sounds like Billy Holiday on some of her numbers, great Guitar player as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tq2zBQw2Y8

[ July 29, 2011, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Neil D. Butler ]

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelsey Dum
Visitor
Member # 6101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelsey Dum   Author's Homepage   Email Kelsey Dum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loooooove good music. If you like blues and especially jazz check out this drummer. He has a jazz band named ASAP. Tony Royster Jr. is the best drummer in the world in my opinion.

http://youtu.be/Ebuy0Rm5PlQ

--------------------
Kelsey Dum
Dum Designs
Sherwood, AR 72120
kelsey@dumdesigns.com

Posts: 827 | From: Sherwood, AR | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Kelsey, the kid's pretty good, but watch an old guy show you how to get it done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF4DPMdcqTs

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Kelsey Dum
Visitor
Member # 6101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelsey Dum   Author's Homepage   Email Kelsey Dum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That old fart is pretty good, and he loves that snare, but can he play a 30 something piece set and use every bit of it? Here is Tony at 12 years old... this guy's a prodigy.

http://youtu.be/WPncumXZExo

--------------------
Kelsey Dum
Dum Designs
Sherwood, AR 72120
kelsey@dumdesigns.com

Posts: 827 | From: Sherwood, AR | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Yep, the kid's even more impressive at 12 - I saw Derek Trucks at 12 and it was like witnessing a musical shooting star.
I can't top Tony, but here's the best I've seen live in awhile - a kid named Matt Justine who plays with Wayne Toups and Zydecajun. As is the case with a lot of YouTube videos, the quality leaves much to be desired, but check out this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTZ27UhdV1w

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!