Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Totally different vibe in Plymouth

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Totally different vibe in Plymouth
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Steve Luck   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Luck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another walldog experience like no other. This was the first meet that I have attended that we had bad weather starting out. We were able to rig some tarps over most of the walls with the help of Plymouth's support team. Then it was paint like crazy to catch up.

Many of the artists that were able to finish their wall jumped over to help out the others. It was crazy fun.

I was able to work with several walls this time.
Thanks to Dave Petri, Ben & Joe Diaz, Carol Kaufman and Dan Sawatzky for letting me help on their murals.

I celebrated my 53rd birthday at the meet and was was serenaded during lunch. I got to attend the first walldog weddding and reception of Dale and Brenda Manor.

So many great memories from Plymouth will be with me for a long time. It would take up too much time to list everything that happened.

Just a big thank you to everyone that welcomed my help and shared a laugh or two! Can't wait for next year!

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 870 | From: 2718-b Grovelin Godfrey, Illinois 62035 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Debbie Karr
Visitor
Member # 11598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Debbie Karr   Author's Homepage   Email Debbie Karr       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Steve, as "luck" would have it, your very late registration via phone call granted you a spot at the Plymouth event.

I'm so glad you were able to be there! Even tho you had to see northern WI before you finally found Plymouth, LOL!!!

Yea, it started out rainy but all I can say is wow! no one seemed too stressed over the rain & everyone made the best of it but it did delay the bell at the starting gate.

It also made it a bit tough for projecting, especially for those who had patterns vs projections. I know Noella was having an aweful time, cause I heard she & her team were still on the lift at 1:30 in the morning, which I think is 2:30am her time back home.

So much to tell & talk about so I want to hear all your comments & stories... I'm collecting what I can from everyone & plan to compile what I hope will be "The Walldog Experience" ... what a great great time... & thanks to everyone, this will be with me forever. When's the next one, LOL!!!

--------------------
Debbie Karr
Land’s End ARI
Artist/Illustrator

Posts: 45 | From: Florida/Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Kaufmann
Visitor
Member # 2643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Kaufmann   Email Carol Kaufmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Steve you took off without saying goodbye! Was that because you didn't want to paint on my "gravel" wall anymore? Just wanted to say thank you so much for all your hard work. It was great working with another lefty! Hope to work with you again sometime.
Note to self...Judy said we should have just asked to have the matte dry handed up instead of trying to paint with mud.
Thanks again Steve, glad I got to meet you and sling some mud with you!

--------------------
Carol Kaufmann
Watseka Sign
1801 N State Rt 1
Watseka, IL 60970

Posts: 33 | From: Watseka, IL | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am now home, safe and sound from Plymouth.

They were so organized from start to finish. The mood was upbeat from the very start - in spite of a rainy first day. Projection went well on our wall. Thursday was a washout for the most part. Friday morning, at last we got to paint. Seemingly endless volunteer showed up to help. Everything we needed was supplied in an amazing short time. With too many people and not enough brushes I put out the call for more brushes. They showed u with even more people willing to use them. At one point I counted 21 people slinging paint on my wall. We basically finished the mural in one day.

Saturday I got to see everything else that was going on. I was privileged to spend about 8 hours helping out on Noella's wall and with many hands helping it turned out very nice!

It was good to catch up with many friends. What a time!

Congratulations to Plymouth and all who organized a GREAT event!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Luck   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Luck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol, I looked for you Sunday morning at the wall but had to get on the road home. I had to go and snap some photos of all the walls before I left. I was able to say goodbye to a few folks and give out a few hugs. It was definitely a great experience as expected.

It was great to work with another left-handed artist! I will be available next year in case you ask. Working with Dan is always a pleasure and I value his friendship even more. I think I actually got to meet and visit more this trip than the last two. I hope this "vibe" continues for many years. I won't forget Sunset painting faces on the back of my legs for a long time! Will I need therapy?

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 870 | From: 2718-b Grovelin Godfrey, Illinois 62035 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robare M. Novou
Visitor
Member # 3711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robare M. Novou   Author's Homepage   Email Robare M. Novou       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember Steve...It's not "Luck"...It's "Magic"!

--------------------
Robare M. Novou
Milwaukee Sign Works
Milwaukee Wisconsin USA

Posts: 21 | From: Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Luck   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Luck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the way you think Robare!

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Joy Kjer
Resident

Member # 3026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joy Kjer   Author's Homepage   Email Joy Kjer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was nice meeting you Steve. Hey we were born the same year...that's why we look so young!

--------------------
Joy Kjer
Art On Display Signs
4001 Randolph St
Lincoln, NE

"My life has a superb cast,
but I can't figure out the plot."

Posts: 445 | From: 4001 Randolph St. Lincoln, NE | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

40 really isn't that bad right Joy? Even with 13 years experience! We are supposedly in our prime decade I hear so I am enjoying the ride and taking pictures! It was a "joy" meeting you too JOY! Bet you never heard that one before.

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Sunset Regall
Resident

Member # 11140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sunset Regall   Author's Homepage   Email Sunset Regall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee whiz, Steve, I dunno what you're talking about. I paint where I'm told and stay in the lines because I always follow all the rules.
Nice job on those letters!
 - [/IMG]

--------------------
Sunset Regall
SUNSET DESIGNS
sunssette@gmail.com
www.sunsetsdesigns.com

Posts: 190 | From: chico, ca | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

I had to take a scotchbrite green pad to clean the paint off of the back of my legs that you painted Sunset! I didn't realize how strong that acrylic nova color paint is. You are such an artist. You left your mark on that mural and on me! Looking forward to next year. Best of "Luck" to you until we meet again.

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!