Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » A February I'll never forget (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A February I'll never forget
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Generally the month of February is a little depressing. Endless rain keeping you in, biz a little on the sluggish side, you know the drill.

Well, a week ago I got an interesting email. My email is generally all over the map with blog happenings, but this one stood out.

A book publisher of all things spotted my blog and was totally drawn to what I was creating. She wanted a phone appointment which was set for the next day.

-

And then it rang and as you can see, I was more than ready. She was curious if I was interested in writing a book on what I show on the blog.

After I composed myself and said I was, she wanted me to write one chapter in a week and send it to her to prove I had it in me. I accepted the challenge.

So I wrote. I wrote and wrote and wrote. My son was gone that weekend so I wrote right through, barely coming up for air.

But I did more than write. She also wanted an idea on how I wanted the book to look. Perfect. [Smile]

-

So I designed a page layout and pulled a two for one. She didn't know I was a designer and expected the design requests in text format. [Smile]

-

-

I designed and wrote bits of a few chapters. And proof read until I could read no longer. I got some pointers from two career writers as well as Dan S for design. And then I sent it off the day before it was due (2 days ago) and held my breath.

No call yesterday. Ugh... so I emailed today explaining emails with attachments sometimes weren't getting through and to please let me know if the one I sent her did.

Feeling like perhaps I came off as a pest, I started getting ready for work. But I didn't get out the door because the phone DID ring. And it was the editor.

They LOVED it. They loved my ideas, and I was told, the group said to her, gasping.. "How did you FIND her?!?" Not only did they love the content, they went crazy over the book design. That ultimately packed up and sold the book idea.

Her proposal? "How soon can you write this book and would you like to design it yourself? We'll pay you for your design work.

[Eek!]

Yeah. I know.

So we nattered abit and she'll rig up a contract within a couple weeks and we'll go from there.

There wasn't even ONE request I disagreed with. She was totally accommodating, right down to bringing my son along for speaking engagements when flown here or there.

Oh my gosh.

Now, know, this comes with abit more story attached and those that follow faith will nod their head knowingly. I broke down IN Church (oh goodness...) last week and asked the Big Guy Upstairs for some kind of opportunity, and threw in possibly writing a book as part of the request. Two days later I received her email.

Go to church, people! [Smile]

And how did the editor find me? She barely knew. A friend told her to look up a blog, and she happened to look at the sidebar, clicked on something, leading her to yet another blog and sidebar on someone else's blog and spotted me on the sidebar blogroll. The name drew her in and she dug around. And immediately made the call.

They were looking for a home decor kind of book to write and they only wanted to do one. She said mine was the only one that spoke to her.

I was laughing and crying all day today. I had to go letter up a rig and brought Cody along. I can barely remember doing the job. Then we went out for dinner and I have no idea what the poor boy said to me all night long, even though he had to repeat everything twice. LOL

In one week, my life has turned upside down in the very best way possible. I won't lie. That last week was incredibly difficult. I not only had to do a draft of the book, but all the spec work on my blog traffic, hits, where the hits were coming from, number crunching, you name it. They got a book draft, proposal AND number report.

But I went for it and pushed until it was perfect.

While it isn't a signed deal yet, there's no reason at this time to speculate it won't happen.

Interesting that the moment I stepped out of a 17 year job that was no longer ticking my clock and devoted more time towards a hobby instead, how that's revolved into something MUCH more so quickly.

There's been more publicity lately in print and more in the works as well. Not really sure what's all happening lately but it appears that February is a pretty darn good month for all things Funky Junk.

Oh my gosh. I'M WRITING A BOOK!

If you want to read the posts that I wrote on the topic thus far, they're at:

http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/search/label/the%20book

Just scroll down to the beginning.

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna, I'm going to make a confession here... or two even... the first one I know you can relate to. Your good buddy Dan is such an incredible artist, but also, seemingly a master of the art of life... and to see his creations has always inspired the creative aspirations within me... maybe not enough to instantly break the chains & be all I can be... but certainly to believe I can, and to rattle the chains a little harder each day... I don't bother writing about that side of the inspiration he feeds so many of us, because he doesn't need to know, and many here know already & many more are writing that already...

5 or so years ago, you were another of the friends here, who I knew saw the same source of inspiration as I and so many others have in the leadership of folks like Dan...

in the last 2 or 3 years, the success stories, the blog posts, the images of your hobby coming to life, and always the writing style through which you convey all the rest of that to your friends here... you got it!!! You are such an inspiration in the mastery of living & like our other mentors and muses here... we all will rattle the chains a little more seeing you soar!

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Doug!

BTW, my first stop after the call was Dan's place. To thank him. [Smile]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Declan Newman
Visitor
Member # 4175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Declan Newman   Email Declan Newman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a great happy story,I needed that.

--------------------
Declan Newman
Newman Signs
25 Cork Road,Skibbereen,
County Cork,
Ireland
028 22728
newmansigns@eircom.net

Posts: 31 | From: Skibbereen West Cork Ireland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Doug said- I have always loved your writing style- and your imagination! Couldn't happen to a nicer person!

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well of course I have been following your blog and even have a link to it in my blog....so this comes as no surprise to me. You have even taken the time to help me with blogger questions when I get stuck.

You do an excellent job on writing your blog, excel at capturing your your projects with excellent photography , your projects are always top notch, and you care about your readers.

Most of all, your passion for your "hobby" shows through each time you share a project.

Best of luck with your book, I'm sure it will shine....can't wait to a copy myself.

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna....I'm delighted with this.
Remember to say thank you louder than you said please.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6724 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Modzel
Resident

Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Modzel   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Modzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How exciting Donna. You have indeed been blessed with the opportunity and the gifting to meet it head on. You go Girl!

--------------------
Bill Modzel
Mod-Zel screen Printing
Traverse city, MI
modzel@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1357 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna, Congratulations, that is awesome!!

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Run with it girl!!!!
I'm so happy for you, you've worked hard and earned it. [Smile]
I think I may have to break down and get satellite TV because I'm thinking there will be a Funky Junk show soon!

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's wonderful news Donna [Smile]
Congratulations [Applause]

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2377 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elaine Beauchemin
Resident

Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine Beauchemin   Author's Homepage   Email Elaine Beauchemin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna, I am so happy that you are recognized as you have true talent and the skill to communicate your vision in style. Your decor ideas are very imaginative and fresh. This is Great! Enjoy!!

--------------------
Élaine Beauchemin
scrip
Lettrage Scripsit inc.
St-Hubert, Quebec, Canada
www.scripsit.net

Posts: 1096 | From: Saint-Hubert, Québec, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Len Mort
Resident

Member # 7030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Len Mort   Author's Homepage   Email Len Mort       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna
I learned a long time ago that God answers all prayers, in His time and in His way. Ask and you shall receive.

You are destined to be greater!

--------------------
Len Mort
Signmaker1.com
11 Juniper Drive
Millbury, MA
508-865-2382
"A Good Business Sign, is A Sign of Good Business"(1957)

Posts: 811 | From: Millbury, Ma | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In your brain, you must have been thinking, "Really?, really? 'really?, I can do this!" Congratulations!!

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3820 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Haffner
Resident

Member # 12445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Haffner   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Haffner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!
I'm thrilled for you and will add another "Soon to be" book to my list to purchase. It's been a pleasure to read about your work and see your creativity in action. I'm delighted the rest of the world will get to see it too.

--------------------
Doug Haffner
Haffner Signs
www.haffnersigns.com
309-338-9570
211 W. Williams
Wyoming, Il

Posts: 211 | From: Wyoming, Illinois | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its well deserved, Donna. It couldn't happen to a better person.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a nice story to wake up to. Dreams can come true. A person with true substance can be recognized and rewarded. Donna, you are a true inspiration.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4353 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VERY happy for you and your son! Keep us posted and let us know when we can buy the book!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shane Durnford
Resident

Member # 8125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shane Durnford   Author's Homepage   Email Shane Durnford       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love hearing stories like this. So happy to hear great things happening to nice people.
Love your sense of style.

Congratulations Donna

--------------------
Shane Durnford
Shane Durnford Design
142 Mill Street, Creemore, ON, L0M 1G0

Posts: 302 | From: Creemore, ON | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not as eloquent as Doug, so ditto his remarks. Anyone with your diverse skill set can't stay "undiscovered" long.

Go get 'em, Donna......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe in answered prayers. I've experienced it in my own life. Each time it seems to come in ways I never imagined. And often the answer starts long before we breathe our prayers. There is a plan for each of us and all we have to do is be willing.

Donna has impacted people far, far beyond anything she will ever know and undoubtably will continue to do so. That is her task in this and other opportunities.

The first time I met her I knew she was a special person with incredible abilities and gifts. Through the last years I have watched her (with a little help from her friends) overcome incredible obstacles and move towards her purpose. And what she shares in her stories is only the tip of the iceberg. Through it all she soldiers on. I have been privileged to be the one to give her a little poke or word of encouragement on occasion.

This kind of opportunity is both earned and an incredible gift.

I look forward to seeing the finished product!

Go Donna go!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8739 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori Wilcox
Resident

Member # 8042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori Wilcox   Email Lori Wilcox       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna, I'm ecstatic for you. This is the most wonderful opportunity - your talent is incredible! So happy for you!! Spread your wings girl... and fly... ! ! !

--------------------
Lori Wilcox
Tabby Ink
Hinton, Alberta Canada
Ph 780-865-4305

Posts: 306 | From: Hinton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Miner
Visitor
Member # 6472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Miner   Email Donald Miner       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna, for years I have said that Good things happen to Good People. You, dear lady, have proven me right again. May God Bless!

--------------------
Donald Miner
ABCO Wholesale Neon
1168 Red Hill Creek
Dobson, NC

Posts: 842 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna, you have worked hard to overcome some difficult times over the years. I am so happy for you!! Gongratulations and continue to work at proving your love of your "hobby".

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8885 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, you deserve it. [Applause]

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1267 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good going Donna.

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems a lot can happen in a day or so, haven't logged on here since Friday... Well Donna, there's a saying.. "Be careful what you wish for.." Congratulations and all the best with this new Journey.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW,

What a fantastic story. Donna I love reading your posts and watching your journey unfold. Your work also simply baffles me on how you put it all together.

As many here have said, it couldn't have happened to a better person. Congrats and enjoy your next journey. [Smile]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What more can I ad that hasn't already been said....CONGRATULATIONS!!!
This is going to be fun to follow. [Smile] How cool!

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4322 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Donna, I'm not at all surprised. I could tell back a few years ago that you had what it took. You picked yourself up from a hard time, dusted yourself off and figured out what you wanted out of life. There are dreamers and there are doers...you totally willed your good fortune with your talent and perseverance. Embrace everything good the universe is sending your way! Congratulations, I'm very excited for you!!!
I kinda expect(no pressure though...lol)....an HGTV/DIY show in the future...if you want it that is......you certainly could pull it off!

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary Boros
Resident

Member # 8487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary Boros   Author's Homepage   Email Gary Boros   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good going Donna...after the book, don't forget to push for the TV show, you're short films were great too!

--------------------
Gary Boros
SIGNWORKS STUDIOS LLC
Monroe, Connecticut, USA

Posts: 264 | From: Monroe, Connecticut, USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roger bailey
Merchant

Member # 556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roger bailey   Author's Homepage   Email roger bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well deserved "ATTA GIRL" to you Donna!!!

Roger

--------------------
Roger Bailey
Rapid Tac Incorporated
186 Combs Dr.
Merlin Oregon

Posts: 3020 | From: Merlin Oregon | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... just plain wow. I love a great success story and there's no one deserving more than you. Good luck with the book deal. Great things will continue for you I'm sure.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5400 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, how cool is that?!?!?! Congrats Donna!

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerri Brownlee
Resident

Member # 15004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerri Brownlee   Email Kerri Brownlee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CONGRATS! Look forward to learning from you!

--------------------
Kerri Brownlee
Glorious Graphics and Gifts
312 Hwy 89 N
Mayflower, Arkansas 72106

Posts: 20 | From: Mayflower, Arkansas | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Donna!

Great news indeed.

With the passion you put into it, and your great sense of style, it's no suprise.

Good for you.

Peace,
Bob

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1875 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, thanks so much everyone! Your kudos and support mean more to me than you'll ever know.

I've since come back to earth and the whole idea seems a little surreal at the moment. However like a good DIYer, I pulled out some reclaimed old palette wood and started building a new project today. To think I may actually get paid for a photo shoot and tutorial made me burst with some major pride today. [Smile] Talk about surreal...

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada

Joe Cieslowski
Resident

Member # 2429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Cieslowski   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Cieslowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So well done and deserved!!!!!

It's amazing what can be done when you follow your own dreams........"The path less chosen".

Congratulations! [Applause]

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

--------------------
Joe Cieslowski
Connecticut Woodcarvers Gallery
P.O.Box 368
East Canaan CT 06024
jcieslowski@snet.net
860-824-0883

Posts: 2345 | From: East Canaan CT 06024 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations...we'll be looking for you on Oprah [Wink]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Resident

Member # 1062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peter   Author's Homepage   Email Peter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great story, congrats Donna!

--------------------
Pete M.
Jet Signs
Farmingdale, NY
www.jetsignsoflongisland.com

Posts: 349 | From: Farmingdale, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!