Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » *!#%@#! Politicians!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: *!#%@#! Politicians!!
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We recently had a new politician elected to our area. His "aide" e-mails us a photo of another politicians window lettering in another town and asks us to do "the same thing" on their new office window. OK. So I figure out what they want, send them a quote and wait to hear. He e-mails me several times, tells me he's on the road and is SOO busy but needs this done ASAP. He sets up an appointment to come in, but again, he is SOOO busy.
Then I get this....
"Hey Jane,
A couple of things. In the proof you sent us, I'm assuming you just put a random phone number on there. Ours is _________.
Is it also possible to get our e-mail address on there too?
Here's the other thing. I've been picking and poking at our budget...and I've only got about $75 to do this. Is there any way you can work with us?"

[Eek!] [Roll Eyes]
Now mind you that is about HALF of what I quoted him! So I responded:
"Yes we can add the e-mail address and of course the correct phone #.
And yes, as far as the cost, we can stay within your budget. We will just make the copy that much smaller and/or use white instead of gold metallic and/or not repeat the same info on the entry door. You can also get your own permit and save $5. Let us know what you want us to do.
P.S. As per our earlier correspondence, you also need to provide your own vinyl state seal, right?"

So acouple days later, I get:
"Hey Jane,
I'm ok with putting the lettering in white (if we have to, and can see a proof)...but I really don't want smaller lettering. I know we have a budget and you're trying to run a business, but we're trying to do this with as little cost to taxpayers as possible (and we don't have much of a budget.)
Let me know what you think."

REALLY, you REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT I THINK!?!?!?! [Bash] [Rolling On The Floor]

SO, by now we are all fuming and coming up with what we WANT to write back but here is what we said:
"Sorry, that's the best we can do.
Any additional spec work comes with additional charges and must be paid in advance. (We don't normally do sketches without a sketch fee.)"

AND in his wonderful style, he responds:
"Hold on, you're telling me you want to change the design to stay within our budget but you won't let us see the updated design?"

SO Now I'm thinking...you little weasel! [Bash] SO, ONCE AGAIN....
"We wouldn't change the design. It would be the same, just smaller and white in order to stay with in your budget. However, you have stated that you don't want to go smaller. We would need to shrink the size of the lettering in order to get the price down to $75.00.
I'm sure in your position you are well aware of the struggles that small businesses deal with every day. We simply can't afford to do jobs at half price. That would barely cover OUR costs for doing this project. I'm assuming you are also well aware that time is money. We are simply unwilling to spend extra time needed to develop sketches and quote out hypothetical options, when it sounds as if we won't get the job due to our unwillingness to give you a discount.
We feel the price we originally gave you is more than fair for what you are asking us to do."

Now we wait....What a great representative for our area!!!! Looking forward to how he will "help small businesses out" if this is his attitude!!

[ January 31, 2011, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Jane Diaz ]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We debated sending him this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2a8TRSgzZY

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Yes we can do it for $75, But you will have to extend Unemployment for another 26 weeks cause at that price we will be collecting it soon."

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Photoshop the oppositions election banner "vote so-and-so" onto the front of a photo of your business... and ask him if that proof looks better... hehe.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or tell him you would rather save the taxpayer money, by him taking the money out of HIS pocket INSTEAD of YOURS!

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elaine Beauchemin
Resident

Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine Beauchemin   Author's Homepage   Email Elaine Beauchemin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Or tell him you would rather save the taxpayer money, by him taking the money out of HIS pocket INSTEAD of YOURS!
yeah! [Applause]

--------------------
Élaine Beauchemin
scrip
Lettrage Scripsit inc.
St-Hubert, Quebec, Canada
www.scripsit.net

Posts: 1096 | From: Saint-Hubert, Québec, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nevman
Resident

Member # 332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nevman   Author's Homepage   Email Nevman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice Todd! Brilliant!

--------------------
Pat Neve, Jr.
Sign Man, Inc.
4580 N. US 1
Melbourne, FL 32935
321-537-8675
Capt. Sign

http://www.twitter.com/Pat_Signman

http://www.facebook.com/PatNeve

Posts: 2279 | From: Melbourne, FL, USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Todd's suggestion is so simply brilliant...

the other angle is to start with an "If you really want your image look cheap and can't afford..." and see if he backpedals.

Are you sure he's not from Nigeria?

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds to me like too much time has already been spent on this idiot. I wouldnt even respond to nay more emails or calls enough is enough

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Todd wins the come back of the month. I am sure that is going to be a strong contender for the yearly prize.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Diver
Visitor
Member # 1552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Diver   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Diver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Todd and Bruce here, you've wasted way to much time and effort for this igit. Anymore, I just don't have the patience for that type of run around for that little money. Drop them like a bad habit!

--------------------
Brian Diver
PDQ Signs
Everett, Wa

(425) 252-6110
Brian@PDQ-Signs.com
www.PDQ-Signs.com

Posts: 770 | From: Everett, WA 98201 USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course I share Jane's frustration with this guy....but as a hypothetical...what if all of the U.S. Congress was comprised of just such penny pinchers.

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joseph Diaz
Resident

Member # 5913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joseph Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Joseph Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a difference between penny pinchers and this guy. In most cases we can work with penny pinchers. If he were just a penny pincher, he would be okay with the smaller sign and more cost effective options we presented after he told us what his budget was. A penny pincher doesn't try to buy a Lexus for the cost of a Kia.

Even though we became suspicious after his response about the "budget", the only reason she continued to respond, is because we gave him the benefit of the doubt. As much as we would love to slam the phone down or give people attitude the moment we have a bad feeling about them, it is difficult to do that in a small town and not deal with the consequences.

Making money is important but so is having integrity and showing the general public that even us crazy sign guys can be professionals.

Besides we have had PITA penny pinchers become great customers after they realize how this is supposed to work.

--------------------
Joe Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave.
Pontiac, IL 61764
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 538 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joseph...dealing with this kind of a customer is trying...I was just making a hypothetical for the sake of a little levity and not meaning to make light of the frustration you guys feel. [Wink]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joseph Diaz
Resident

Member # 5913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joseph Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Joseph Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No worries Rusty. I know you weren't. I was just trying to make the point that this isn't the type of penny pinching you want form your elected officials. This isn't the type of penny pinching you want from anyone.

--------------------
Joe Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave.
Pontiac, IL 61764
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 538 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dammit Joe.. YOU are the kind of man that is going to put that kind of politician out of business some day! (and so is your whole family... but I could imagine that you might actually do it... forget penny pinchers.. imagine for a minute the entire US Congress made up of balanced, ethical, articulate & rational folks like the Diaz clan)

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Moser
Visitor
Member # 6526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Moser   Email Jim Moser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Allan:
Imagine for a minute the entire US Congress made up of balanced, ethical, articulate & rational folks like the Diaz clan)

We can make it so..... remember to VOTE !

--------------------
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain !
Jim Moser Design
13342 C Grass Valley Ave.
Grass Valley, Ca. 95945
530-273-7615 jwmoser@att.net

Posts: 488 | From: Grass Valley, Ca. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say, sorry at this point in time I cannot be of service to you. That's to much time back and forth for $75 bux. you guys have bigger fish to fry, no time for minnows...

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FranCisco sums it up well.

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Elmgren
Visitor
Member # 11536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Elmgren   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Elmgren       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing says rejection quite like a form letter, we use:

"We're sorry we cannot help you. Thank you for contacting A & E Graphics. Have a nice day."

For extra emphasis, misspell their name.

Yeah, I know it's weak, I'd really like to tell them to pound sand up their butt or take a flying ----, but it's also nothing they can wave at potential real customers to discourage them from contacting you.

--------------------
Eric Elmgren
ericsignguy@comcast.net
A & E Graphic Signs
Park Ridge, IL
"The future isn't what it used to be" -Yogi Berra

Posts: 192 | From: PARK RIDGE, ILLINOIS | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate it when that happens. You never can tell when someone is going to be such a PITA. I started sending price quotes first that they must sign off on before I will send a proof. I think it's helping to weed out the difficult people. I once had to do 3 proofs for a doctor's office glass door for "Office Hours". Then they didn't place the order. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. My policy now is that once the estimate is accepted I will provide a proof. The proof can be revised twice (minor revisions) at no charge. After that, revisions are an additional cost. This is for simple jobs for new (untested) customers. [Smile]

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1266 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom & Kathy Durham
Resident

Member # 776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom & Kathy Durham   Email Tom & Kathy Durham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love the video. We all should have that playing on an endless loop in the shop.

--------------------
Tom & Kathy Durham
House Springs, MO

Posts: 654 | From: House Springs, MO | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Beach
Visitor
Member # 9850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Beach   Email Dan Beach       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Send him the revision with the wrong information. Then again and again, see how much of his time $75 is really worth . . .

--------------------
Dan Beach
Cylinder 9 Designs
1650 Glassboro Rd
Sewell, NJ 08080

Posts: 625 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark M. Kottwitz
Visitor
Member # 1764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark M. Kottwitz   Author's Homepage   Email Mark M. Kottwitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jane Diaz:
We debated sending him this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2a8TRSgzZY

Oh, thats just classic. Love it.

--------------------
Mark Kottwitz
Kottwitz Graphics
Ridgely, MD
www.SeeMySignWork.com
--------------------------
Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 746 | From: Ridgely, MD | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I got this e-mail....
"How much smaller? This is a large window, and shrinking the design to the size of a quarter would just look silly. I'm trying to work with you, and I want to work with a local business, but I work for a state that's broke, and I don't have the authority to spend willy-nilly.
I hope we can come to a resolution, and I apologize that the tone of our conversation has turned negative.
pjp"
Doesn't he sound apologetic and sorry for thinking we could just do the work for 1/2 price?!?
I think I might just shrink the whole thing to the "size of a quarter" and send a sketch back to him.
...or just not respond at all is what the guys want to do.

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Joy Kjer
Resident

Member # 3026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joy Kjer   Author's Homepage   Email Joy Kjer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing is, if you had started with a price of $300 and cut it in half he would probably now be contented, and have found it in his budget, to be paying half price at $150. The retail stores have cultivated the mentality that everything should be half the marked price.
I would resend what you already told without further comment:
"Sorry, that's the best we can do."

--------------------
Joy Kjer
Art On Display Signs
4001 Randolph St
Lincoln, NE

"My life has a superb cast,
but I can't figure out the plot."

Posts: 445 | From: 4001 Randolph St. Lincoln, NE | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom & Kathy Durham
Resident

Member # 776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom & Kathy Durham   Email Tom & Kathy Durham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe since they have no money, you could just ask him to trade for something like a new road in front of your shop. They could throw that in with another bill, spend the money, and no one would really know. just saying

--------------------
Tom & Kathy Durham
House Springs, MO

Posts: 654 | From: House Springs, MO | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Chrimes
Resident

Member # 5864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Chrimes   Author's Homepage   Email James Chrimes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A real politician would hire a whole construction crew to replace the door with a smaller set which would make the smaller lettering look larger and then tell everyone how much money he saved because he got the lettering for less than originally quoted.

--------------------
JIM CHRIMES
BACON GRAPHICS
56 SUMMIT ROAD
NEWPORT, NH 03773
bacongraphics.com

Posts: 283 | From: Newport, NH | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jean Shimp
Resident

Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jean Shimp   Author's Homepage   Email Jean Shimp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This seems like a lose-lose situation. You've probably lost any profit on this job from all the time you've spent with him so far. And if you were to come to a compromise chances are after you do the job he will nit pick it apart. I would respectfully tell him you can't do the job and move on.

--------------------
Jean Shimp
Shimp Sign & Design Co.
Jacksonville Beach, Fl

Posts: 1266 | From: Jacksonville Beach, Fl. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been there, done that. Whatever happens from this point forward, you lose. He has steered you into a position that, no matter what you do, you will appear as a crook, unpatriotic, or just about anything else that is negative.

Follow your best instincts.

[ February 03, 2011, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Raymond Chapman ]

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He doesn't care about patriotism. He only wants YOU to doubt your integrity and patriotism. A real patriot would be considerate of the financial well being of his fellow Americans instead of trying to manipulate them.

edited for clarification

[ February 03, 2011, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: Wayne Webb ]

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7403 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Beach
Visitor
Member # 9850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Beach   Email Dan Beach       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Webb:
He doesn't care about patriotism. He only wants YOU to doubt your integrity and patriotism. A real patriot would be considerate of the financial well being of his fellow Americans instead of trying to manipulate them.

edited for clarification

Politicians anymore pray on emotion instead of the well being of the populace. Grrrrr, I'm going to stop now before I start ranting too bad.

[ February 04, 2011, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Dan Beach ]

--------------------
Dan Beach
Cylinder 9 Designs
1650 Glassboro Rd
Sewell, NJ 08080

Posts: 625 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those long gaps in communication usually mean he is checking with others and laying the same taxpayer guilt trip on them.

Apparently the price he wants to pay you is still the cheapest he can find or he would have flown the coop.

Looks to me like you have $75 worth of art time before you even fire up the plotter.

Say goodnight Gracie. [Smile]

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3485 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathy Weeks
Resident

Member # 10828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy Weeks   Email Kathy Weeks       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha, Jim - you hit the nail on the head!

If you've ever watched your public t.v. channel, that shows your elected officials in action, you'd soon find out that many of them are like children. I think that goes for their aides as well.
I lump them in with realtors, and avoid them like the plague - icky! [Eek!]

--------------------
Kathy Weeks
Weeks-End Signs & Graphics
Lake Elmo, Minnesota

Posts: 249 | From: Lake Elmo, Minnesota | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"For half the price, please show me which half of the words would you like omitted."

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Miner
Visitor
Member # 6472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Miner   Email Donald Miner       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kind of like Ian's idea. Just do half the copy in the original size, for the original price.

--------------------
Donald Miner
ABCO Wholesale Neon
1168 Red Hill Creek
Dobson, NC

Posts: 842 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Got this today...
Jane,

I have gotten approval for the original design and cost. How do we proceed?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In triplicate.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Beach
Visitor
Member # 9850

quote:
Originally posted by Jane Diaz:
Got this today...
Jane,

I have gotten approval for the original design and cost. How do we proceed?

[Big Grin]

They remove the windows and bring them to your shop for lettering, right?

--------------------
Dan Beach
Cylinder 9 Designs
1650 Glassboro Rd
Sewell, NJ 08080

Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a great life, isn't it?

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!