Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » After dinner Video

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: After dinner Video
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heres a little sum-ting ya all can watch while having that second slice of pumkin pie.
Dis here,, High in The Sky

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3814 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once again, You are so generous to share these with all, Alicia. You are the best!

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Barrow
Deceased

Member # 576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Barrow   Email Tim Barrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alicia, We call that kinda wierd sign material a back-lit stretch face. It is usually a 3M tyvek material made especially for illuminated signage,..but the name varies from brand to brand. Great job on the video gal !

--------------------
fly low...timi/NC is,
Tim Barrow
Barrow Art Signs
Winston-Salem,NC

Posts: 2224 | From: Winston-Salem,NC,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!

That old lettering sure came off easy!

I hope you charged extra for bring way up there!

[Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alicia, Yer too cool. And I really like the Lid,
that's stylin' on the freeway.

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool very cool, you are one boldious woman. Good job Alicia!!

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elaine Beauchemin
Resident

Member # 136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine Beauchemin   Author's Homepage   Email Elaine Beauchemin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the video! kewl! [Smile]

--------------------
Élaine Beauchemin
scrip
Lettrage Scripsit inc.
St-Hubert, Quebec, Canada
www.scripsit.net

Posts: 1096 | From: Saint-Hubert, Québec, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie Lohmeyer
Visitor
Member # 2076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bernie Lohmeyer   Email Bernie Lohmeyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great vid You did great..........been there done that.

--------------------
Bernie Lohmeyer
Bernman Graphics
Osage City, KS

Posts: 268 | From: Osage City,Kansas U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

Well done and documented super lady!

Been there done that several times!

Couple of tricks I have found over the years:

#1 If you cant get measurements ... use an extension ladder and tape a bold 3ft rule to the face. Take a digital photo and you can scale it up fairly accurately on the computer.

#2 I no longer muck about with access. I tell the customer what the problem is and advise him/her what it is going to cost!

Several times I have used a big "all terrain" 4WD self leveling scissor lift that go up to 30ft+

It climbs over curbs, gardens, and works on slopes. Fantastic. 4X12 extending platform.

Not cheap to hire and deliver, but worth every penny in time and effort
[Smile]

[ November 26, 2010, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Jon Butterworth ]

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't you just LOVE than manly manlift!!! I just had to letter a ski area quad chairlift and the manlift makes life oh so good! great video!

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the reason I like doing these videos is because I know that the girl students at the Sign Graphics class at Los Angeles Trade College, are watching. I want them to see that if I could do this work alone, they could do it too. I was born & raised about less then 5 miles from there, in Boyle Heights.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3814 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How on earth did you get those letters off so easily, was it a hot day? Wow, cool video, nicely done!

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!