Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Balloon Classic Crew - THANK YOU!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Balloon Classic Crew - THANK YOU!!!!!
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Guys,

I wanted to thank everyone who helped to complete the Balloon Classic Mural Project in Danville. I know I won't be able to remember everyone that pitched in during the flurry of activity that it took to pull this off but I wanted to try. We had a quite a few locals who stopped by and did a lot of work on the project. Dan Dietz from Danville was a huge help, always there to lend a hand. Crystal, Wendy, Donna, Lisa, Ashley and my host family (Pat and Andy) were always there to help in many ways.

To the dogs that helped out...I owe you BIG on this one. Cisco my brother, what can I say...who else can you cut loose and know that it will all go way beyond any expectations I might have! Ted Turner also put in a ton of his time and talent and made this all possible. Alicia, you are one talented lady and tons of fun to have around. I didn't even mind the paint showers we experienced once in a while. Nancy stopped by and saved that day on her way out of town on Sunday. Bernie and DL also pitched in. Mike Rodino, my host family from Pontiac was also there to help. I know I am forgetting others...please know that I appreciate all the help even though the mind isn't working well at the moment.

And to Brenda and Jenna, it was an honor and a joy to have you both by my side to support and encourage me throughout the project.....XOXO

Thanks also to Cornbread and his family for all of your efforts and for giving me the opportunity to share some color with the fine folks of Danville! We had a wonderful community response during this entire project and I hope that this painting and the Walldog meet in general can spark enough interest to revive what sounded like a great Danville festival!

Thanks again to EVERYONE who helped on this...I Love my Walldog family!

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stunning wall design Dale! And amazing output, crew! I'm just blown away how realistic it turned out in paint. Wow.

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ted Turner
Visitor
Member # 2799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ted Turner   Author's Homepage   Email Ted Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ready to do it again Brother Dale!

--------------------
Ted Turner

Paint Designer / Stylist - Styling Dept.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Product Development Center
11800 W. Capitol Drive
Wauwatosa, WI 53222

phone 414.465.6005
cell 414.232.8185
fax 414.465.6330

ted.turner@harley-davidson.com

Posts: 81 | From: Wauwatosa, WI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Lindley   Email Scott Lindley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dale people are parking their cars in no parking zones to get a better look at your mural. My wife loves this mural. Great job!

--------------------
Cornbread or Scott Lindley
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Posts: 249 | From: Mt Pulaski | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Faig
Visitor
Member # 6104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Faig   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Faig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dale, that's a phenomenal piece of work. You should be proud.

--------------------
Mike
gatlinburg Sign Crafters

Posts: 1051 | From: Gatlinburg, TN | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'all nailed it, Dale - must have been my experienced "Dixie Dawgs" that pulled it off.......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marvellous undertaking Dale. It was great to see you in action again. I'm still in the Danville blast furnace today (98F), thank godness we're done the murals. [Smile] I'm flying back tonight from O'Hare.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the vibrancy of the colors is absolutely fantastic!!!

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great piece Dale and all who made it so!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Allen   Author's Homepage   Email Jay Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely the most creative use of space . . . a diamond among other diamonds . . .

Dale . . . I'd guess most all of us are in admiration of the courage it took to dedicate yourself to this mural - and the incredible complexities that came with it. You did it to yourself - and you did it anyway . . . and the image of the Walldogs is better for that courage. Respect.

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com
http://www.shawcraft.com/

"The object of the superior man is truth."
-Confucius

Posts: 1285 | From: Machesney Park, IL, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the way the sky fades out.

Great job!

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eary Monday morning, as we drove back to the murals, we noticed you could see the reflections of the big balloons in the windows directly across the street. Looked like the real things floating down the street. It was an honor and a blast to work on this project.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3812 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Lovelady
Resident

Member # 2540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Lovelady   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Job...it is striking the sheer size of this thing and i love how you were able to pull of the fade to Brick...Grreat job!

Lovelady

--------------------
"We have been making house calls since 1992"

Chris Lovelady
Vital Signs

NOW WITH 2 LOCATIONS!
Tallahassee, Florida
Thomasville, Ga.

www.vitalsignsllc.com
1-850-893-0674

Posts: 707 | From: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dale, it was a pleasure bro I really wanted to float, but after seeing how things were going I knew I better help a brother out. Glad I was able to boom you up scotty. I'm just glad the boom switches didn't get worst, kind of crazy working at night and things not operating like they should. But all in all we did it.
I was happy having the famous Alicia Jennings, one of the West Coast Locas helping out and also to work with the Real Ted Turner, that guy is a cool sign painting artist and was a life saver having his compressor with him.
You're one lucky guy to have a great gal, Brenda is a true warrior. I only saw her a couple of times in Pontiac and later heard you both became love birds. I said "that lucky dog!" I'm happy for you and feel very proud to have been part of your project. Now I can exercise my braggin rights over here in Fresno that their locol boy hit Front Page in Danville, which is 2,171 miles away.

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Grossman
Visitor
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Grossman   Author's Homepage   Email Judy Grossman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magnifique! Dale. Jay said it so well. You could have painted the whole bottom of the mural and it would have been waaaay enough...but the EXTRA supreme mile that you went put you up there in the clouds of above and beyond! Literally and figuratively! Outstanding job and great team work.

--------------------
Judy Grossman
JG Signs & Designs
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370

Posts: 207 | From: Sonora, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Dale,
Does running for red colour paint chips qualify as working on your wall....ha ha (much laughter,cheeky grin!) Your wall is brilliant.
Thank you for creating such beautiful eye candy.
Many kudos to your whole crew. Great job.

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carole Bersin   Author's Homepage   Email Carole Bersin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing job Dale. You really pulled off the Big one!

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
3527 24th Av S, Minneapolis, Mn 55406
cbersin@visi.com

Posts: 211 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Judy, said...
Totally Outstanding.

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Moser
Visitor
Member # 6526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Moser   Email Jim Moser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AWESOME job you guys ! It really is "Over the Top" ! Wish I could have been there...

--------------------
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain !
Jim Moser Design
13342 C Grass Valley Ave.
Grass Valley, Ca. 95945
530-273-7615 jwmoser@att.net

Posts: 488 | From: Grass Valley, Ca. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!