Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Live music in Danville ? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Live music in Danville ?
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Steve Luck   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Luck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't heard it mentioned yet if the musical walldogs were going to jam again in DANville. Wondering if I should haul my keyboard and gear along with me. It would be fun if anyone is interested and we have a stage nearby. Mr. Cornbread? Would you happen to know if this could happen or is something already in the works?
Just curious if we had anyone asking besides me!

Sign-cerely, Pavlov's (wall)dog, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 870 | From: 2718-b Grovelin Godfrey, Illinois 62035 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Luck   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Luck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was hoping to hear from Scott about a possible walldog jam like the one we had in Pontiac. If anyone is interested in playing some music one evening, let's plan something. Bill Diaz plays a mean guitar and if the Big Kahuna from Hawaii (Doug Allan) makes the trip, we have a drummer.

Any other musicians and vocalists out there? We don't have to "preform", just have fun and jam.

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 870 | From: 2718-b Grovelin Godfrey, Illinois 62035 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to volunteer for the encore song - we'll do "Wild Thing" and then I'll set my guitar on fire, smash it, and throw it into the crowd.

Can somebody bring some lighter fluid and a Zippo?

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's it, I'm bringing my maracas!

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3816 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Luck   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Luck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a party! Sonny, I'd love to see that!
Alicia, bring the maracas and a tambourine too! IF we just have an acoustic guitar player and some bongos it will be fun. Anyone else musically gifted? (not challenged!)

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

John Byrd
Visitor
Member # 825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Byrd   Author's Homepage   Email John Byrd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm game.

-

if there's room in the truck.

-

But I'm a little goofy lookin' while I'm doing it.
[Roll Eyes]

[ July 18, 2010, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: John Byrd ]

--------------------
John Byrd
Ball Ground, Georgia
770-735-6874
http://johnbyrddesign.com
so happy I gotta sit on both my hands to keep from wavin' at everybody!

Posts: 741 | From: Ball Ground, Georgia, USA | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Sweet amp Mr. John. Is that custom made? I can't make out the name plate on the front. And if looking goofy while playing would exclude you from the group, none of us would be playing!!
This might happen after all.

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Lindley   Email Scott Lindley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I have been camping with my boy scout troop. I was hoping to have the waldogs unplugged on Thursday the 5th. If you need power we could get you some. Steve do you want to be the point man for the Walldogs?

--------------------
Cornbread or Scott Lindley
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Posts: 249 | From: Mt Pulaski | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

I'm more of a setter than a pointer (irish joke)
I think we could pull something together. Can you give me logistics on location (preferably indoors) or at least under a tent with a fan [Smile]
And if we are just entertaining ourselves or will this be for public display? I will have to put together a song list and see who we have available to play.

W may need security and of course a veggie tray backstage in the green room. No brown M&M's either!! (old Van Halen story)

Hope to hear from you soon.

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

John Byrd
Visitor
Member # 825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Byrd   Author's Homepage   Email John Byrd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unplugged is good with me if that's easier

--------------------
John Byrd
Ball Ground, Georgia
770-735-6874

Posts: 741 | From: Ball Ground, Georgia, USA | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Lindley   Email Scott Lindley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to have it Unplugged. What do you think Steve???

--------------------
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Posts: 249 | From: Mt Pulaski | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Unplugged is more intimate and easier to set up. I'm not dragging an acoustic piano up there, so it will have to be mainly guitar and percussion.
We had an amazing time jamming in Pontiac with the plugged-in Walldogs. Let me see if we can figure out something for maybe a fun sing-a-long of classic tunes that most everyone would know.
I will need to get in contact with any of the guitarists that want to play so we can get chord charts ready and lyric sheets printed.

Guitarists: please contact me here or my email at the shop at signmagic@sbcglobal.net. I'm sure we can come up with something! Let's jam.

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait till you guys hear John Byrd! Those of you that were in Atlanta, Il at the Letter-Rip know that we are in for a treat!
Man, Steve, you are really taking this serious. Chord Charts and lyrics! Love it! How about some Eagles and blues? Anyone want to write the "Walldog blues"?

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dug out my Trumpet a few weeks ago. Had to put it back.. Wasn't pretty. Could barely Play "Saints" and it sounded like I ran over the Cat.

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just bought my tickets... I'll bring a Djimbe! (and some sticks just in case!)

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ted Turner
Visitor
Member # 2799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ted Turner   Author's Homepage   Email Ted Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Doug-
Got mine available as well

--------------------
Ted Turner

Paint Designer / Stylist - Styling Dept.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Product Development Center
11800 W. Capitol Drive
Wauwatosa, WI 53222

phone 414.465.6005
cell 414.232.8185
fax 414.465.6330

ted.turner@harley-davidson.com

Posts: 81 | From: Wauwatosa, WI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Grossman
Visitor
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Grossman   Author's Homepage   Email Judy Grossman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget the coffee, Doug....Gotta love ya for that. Doug...Blues...Coffee...Where do we sign up?

--------------------
Judy Grossman
JG Signs & Designs
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370

Posts: 207 | From: Sonora, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Way to go Doug! I knew you'd figure out a way to get to DANville! Glad you can bring the little drum with you. Send me a few song suggestions while you are packing!

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2/,4 3/,4 4/4, & 6/8... any of the above... maybe even a little 5/4...

...don't worry about any of them letters though... I never pay attention to them, & I do alright!

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Man! I wanna go sooo bad. [Frown]

Over the years, especially the last couple, I've put together my own personal book of songs and lyrics. If someone can handle the printing, I'll see what I have saved in text files and send them your way.

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Byrd
Visitor
Member # 825

Give me a good "flat tire" shuffle and we'll go all night.

And as to the amp in the pic above, the badge says Studio 3EIGHTY3 - which was the address to my art studio and is now the address to my residence. It is a 5 watt tube amp reboxed. The cabinet had 2 12" in it and now has 2 10" from an old peavey PA column. It's all cheap stuff that sounds great.

[ July 22, 2010, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: John Byrd ]

--------------------
John Byrd
Ball Ground, Georgia
770-735-6874

Ted Turner
Visitor
Member # 2799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ted Turner   Author's Homepage   Email Ted Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here ya go john, kinda hoochie coochieish...

Wall Dog Blues

Up on a wall, ( duh dee duh duh duh )
fitty feet tall. ( you know whats next )
paint on ol' bricks,
wit' hair on sticks.

Slingin' some colors ( ddddd )
red, white and green.
Lotta Wall Dog Blues,
Come see what I mean!

Got the Wall Dog Blues, yeah.
Me and my kin
Got the Wall Dog Blues, baby.
We'll make the town grin
Again and Again!
Got the Wall Dog Blues,!

When it comes to a good time ( you know... )
Ladders we'll climb
Gonna get on up there
Leave something to share

They come from all over
From both far 'n near
Danville Illinoize
Walldogs is here!

Got the Wall Dog Blues, yeah.
Me and my kin
Got the Wall Dog Blues, baby.
We'll make the town grin
Again and Again!
Got the Wall Dog Blues,!
Got the Wall Dog Blues,!
Got the Wall Dog Blues,!

--------------------
Ted Turner

11800 W. Capitol Drive
Wauwatosa, WI 53222

phone 414.465.6005
cell 414.232.8185
fax 414.465.6330

Posts: 81 | From: Wauwatosa, WI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that's the first attempt at any Walldog Blues song lyrics I'm aware of, Ted. So therefore, if I'm right, you would be the inaugural songwriter for the Walldogs ... a feather in your hat -- I'd say.

If there be others, I apologize in advance, but let they come forward and garner recognition.

Hey, is this event going electric or what? Sorry I haven't been on here lately or paying attention cause I'm trying to crank her out to make up for the p*** poor earnings we had last year.

I was told by Mr. Cornbread, himself, that having a stage, sound system and all other things to pull off a full blown in your face arena type amplified jam such as we attempted last year ... was probably not going to happen. We're talking unplugged. If this has changed, please let me know, because then I'd be interested ... cause I enjoy jammin' with Doug and Steve and that John Byrd dude is one fine jammer.

If that Shortreed fella were to attend, I would definitely bring an amp, cause he and I went to different schools together.

So let's make some kind of decision, cause I'm bringing fishin' poles and if I need to make more room in the trunk for axe and amp, I'd just soon know right off the bat.

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

It should be Unplugged. I went ahead and had them bill it as so.

--------------------
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
will anyone be bringing a nice acoustic guitar?

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Byrd
Visitor
Member # 825

No but I've got a crappy one!

--------------------
John Byrd
Ball Ground, Georgia
770-735-6874

Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I have room in my truck I might bring my Taylor DDSM.

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

-

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John, I've got 3 crappy ones.

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Byrd
Visitor
Member # 825

I see your 3 acoustics, Bill and raise you 2 crappy electrics and 1 crappy pedal!

--------------------
John Byrd
Ball Ground, Georgia
770-735-6874

Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John, you don't even want to know how many guitars we have in our house!....and then there's the 20+ fishing poles....men and their toys! [Razz]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Byrd
Visitor
Member # 825

You and my wife can never meet. Really... NEVER

[Razz]

[ July 23, 2010, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: John Byrd ]

--------------------
John Byrd
Ball Ground, Georgia
770-735-6874

Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

why's that, John! [Wink]

ask Jane about her quilting fabric.

hey, I did get rid of an old drum kit, I had in the loft area of our shop. A customer spotted it and wanted to restore it. I thought "are you off your meds?" I didn't feel bad about selling it after he made me an offer.

1/2 year later he had pictures of it all restored and such and at least he admitted he loss his ass on the deal ............ Maybe we can get him to buy our crappie instruments, pedals and xtras.

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Ted Turner
Visitor
Member # 2799

Got one to haul along I don't play alot. Any other geetar players are welcome to 'er.

--------------------
Ted Turner

11800 W. Capitol Drive
Wauwatosa, WI 53222

phone 414.465.6005
cell 414.232.8185
fax 414.465.6330

Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Bill,
Guitars can be a disease. LOL
At one time I had 6 acoustic guitars, a telecaster and a fender bass.
I now have a nice Taylor classical guitar, Taylor DDSM,a Baby Taylor and a Taylor 810 dreadnought.
There is hope for a "Guitaraholic!" [Smile]

http://www.alamhof.org/markfair.html

[ July 24, 2010, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Mark Fair Signs ]

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road

Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Somebody better bring a guitar tuner unless we are playing country music all night!
The Blues, soft rock, funk and everything in between needs to be played in tune. Now singing will be a different story! We'll just have to do the best we can in that department.

Sign-cerely ready to jam, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

I'm allergic to country music.

--------------------
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Rob Estes
Visitor
Member # 2213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob Estes   Author's Homepage   Email Rob Estes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But is anyone bringing a guitar ?

--------------------
Robert Estes
Brushstroke Signs
1500 South 3rd St.
Paducah, KY

"Anyone can be average, but with practice and hard work you give yourself a chance to be GREAT!"

Posts: 11 | From: Paducah, Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

I can bring my classical guitar if you need it.

--------------------
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Steve hows the Music coming along? We have you set for the 5th. Keep me posted.

--------------------
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!