Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » P.S. Lady GAGA... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: P.S. Lady GAGA...
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She has my attention. Went past Madonna at light
speed. She is fine art, as in abstract to the
extreme. Picasso style...

Kick a$$ girl,u got it!

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. I think she should make a video with Paris Hilton. She really is a shooting star right now. I even love her tunes!

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife absolutely loves Lady Gaga....

I'm probably more aligned with Jerry Seinfeld's opinion of her...

"You take an 'a' off that and you got 'gag'..."

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems strange that in the music business many singers feel they have to create some bizarre image to augment their singing ability...it's as if talent alone is not enough to make it...so they create a gimmick...the only other profession I can think of that does such would be professional wrestling...sorry for being the scrooge tonight.

[ June 28, 2010, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first time I saw her on TV, I fully expected to hate her singing and her hype - I loved both.
She has talent and big brass ones......

although I'd still take Chaka Khan any day........

[ June 29, 2010, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Sonny Franks ]

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's called SHOW business.

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You aint alone Rusty. Although I usually am very open minded when it comes to music, Im getting tired of all the fluff entertainers are doing to bring attention to themselves. Used to be that all you had to do was sing. Now thats at the bottom of the list. Lady Gaga is probably at the top of the list for using every gimmick in the book to make herself famous. Sorry guys, I just dont like her at all. Just my opinion though. [Smile]

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel kinda feel like Jack about Lady Gaga but I can also relate to what John said.

John, Rusty, try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI_0NGgeNfw&feature=related

Duffy. This gal is very impressive. Great voice, great band and her presentation on stage is suburbly understated and OH YEA...she is HOT!!! They play a unique style of soul/sixties music. We saw them on Austin City Limits a while back and were just mesmerized.

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vance Galliher
Visitor
Member # 581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vance Galliher   Author's Homepage   Email Vance Galliher       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....I think you're absolutely Jack. She's got me hook, line and sinker. The girl's got depth !

[ June 29, 2010, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Vance Galliher ]

--------------------
vance galliher
springfield,or
http://www.vancegallihersigns.com

Posts: 324 | From: springfield,or. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
George, Duffy has me Gaga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This girls not tooooo bad...

HOT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bsTwHP9BYA&NR=1&feature=fvwp

[ June 29, 2010, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Neil D. Butler ]

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carl Wood
Visitor
Member # 1223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carl Wood   Email Carl Wood       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna Hughes.....Google her!

--------------------
Carl Wood
Olive Branch, Ms

Posts: 1392 | From: Olive Branch,MS USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... Donna Hughes, the Clifton Forge Rescue Squad chaplain?

Carl!

-

[ June 29, 2010, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Jon Jantz ]

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stein Saether
Resident

Member # 430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stein Saether   Email stein Saether       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she is a she??

--------------------
Stein Saether
GullSkilt AS
Trondheim

Posts: 1183 | From: Trondheim Norway | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yuck, can't stand her. :-(

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stein Saether
Resident

Member # 430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stein Saether   Email stein Saether       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, she got our attention

--------------------
Stein Saether
GullSkilt AS
Trondheim

Posts: 1183 | From: Trondheim Norway | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carl Wood
Visitor
Member # 1223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carl Wood   Email Carl Wood       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=596667265

Not that Donna Hughes...this one...she plays Bluegrass

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.donnahughes.com%2F&h=72d23SJaGYRDDlaxb-e9yz1qR3Q

[ June 29, 2010, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Carl Wood ]

--------------------
Carl Wood
Olive Branch, Ms

Posts: 1392 | From: Olive Branch,MS USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stein Saether:
well, she got our attention

It's not really difficult to get attention. Try passing gas in an elevator. People notice, but it isn't something to be proud of. :-)

I'm not a fan of the gaga.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Rescue Squad chaplain isnt Donna Hughes, that's Peter Bull, the actor who played the German ship captain in The African Queen.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I find it hard to go gaga over the lady.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like a few of her songs, even downloaded 3 of them on i tunes. I couldn't care less what she wears on stage. Saw a picture of her before fame. Pretty good looking.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5396 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TJ Duvall
Visitor
Member # 3133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TJ Duvall   Author's Homepage   Email TJ Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife saw her in London earlier this year and is going to New York next week to see her. She told me even if you are not a big fan of the music the theatrical show is worth the ticket price to see. It's a huge production well worth the ticket price.

--------------------
TJ Duvall
Diamond State Graphics, Inc.

New Castle, DE 19720

Posts: 396 | From: New Castle,Delaware | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not a fan of the gaga either. Why is it most guys answering this thread? Obviously, they are ga-ga over Gaga. Sex sells, & you guys fall right into it, hook, line & sinker! [Smile]

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually you missed the point Bobbie.
She is artist that covers a canvas with abstract
intent.
Sure, there is a sexy side to that but she is a
clever show girl that made $90,000,000 in 90 days
during a 3 month tour.
I can see the art behind the act.

BTW Did you like Elvis...?

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joy Kjer
Resident

Member # 3026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joy Kjer   Author's Homepage   Email Joy Kjer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Lady Gaga has a great sense of humor, at least judging by her videos.

--------------------
Joy Kjer
Art On Display Signs
4001 Randolph St
Lincoln, NE

"My life has a superb cast,
but I can't figure out the plot."

Posts: 445 | From: 4001 Randolph St. Lincoln, NE | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not just the sex that sells - there are a few artists who have some kind of undefinable characteristic that allows them to totally capture an entire audience and hold them by the short and curlies for the duration of a concert. From personal experience, I would include on that list James Brown, Mick Jagger, Jackie Wilson, Phyllis Hyman, David Bowie, and Jimi Hendrix.
You can't do it with hype alone......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Matyjakowski
Visitor
Member # 294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Matyjakowski   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Matyjakowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's a shame that someone as talented has to turn themselves into a cartoon to achieve success.
Acoustically I have respect for her talent... then they go in with the autotune and effects, she might as well be Kelly Osbourne or Courtney Love... just another hack to fit the suit.

--------------------
Compulsive, Neurotic, Anti-social and Paranoid ... but basically Happy

Posts: 2677 | From: Rochester, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robare M. Novou
Visitor
Member # 3711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robare M. Novou   Author's Homepage   Email Robare M. Novou       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is an artist that some of you may recall.

A Man, A Guitar, A Spotlight on a Stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiVtVMU09Hc&feature=related

Rest in Peace J.B.

--------------------
Robare M. Novou
Milwaukee Sign Works
Milwaukee Wisconsin USA

Posts: 21 | From: Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robare M. Novou
Visitor
Member # 3711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robare M. Novou   Author's Homepage   Email Robare M. Novou       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe something a little more hip....and if you don't fall in love watching this video...you're numb!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjsnkIP4ddo

Those blue eyes get me every time.

--------------------
Robare M. Novou
Milwaukee Sign Works
Milwaukee Wisconsin USA

Posts: 21 | From: Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robare M. Novou
Visitor
Member # 3711

This maybe the inspiration behind lady gaga.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14v6ahnTbOE&feature=related

--------------------
Robare M. Novou
Milwaukee Sign Works
Milwaukee Wisconsin USA

Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's a decent dancer, and a mediocre singer; her appeal is looking like a sleaze. If not for that and acting like a crazed bimbo most of the time, no way she could ever be a super-star.

But, like said above, sex sells, whatever your interpretation of it is.

There's little that's "lady" about her.

[ July 04, 2010, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Dale Feicke ]

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait til she hits the movies. I suspect we have only seen the beginning of her incredible thing of being in the right place at the right time. I take nothing away from her as she obviously has the attention of us all. Girl, you go!

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darcy Baker
Visitor
Member # 8262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darcy Baker   Email Darcy Baker       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lady who?

--------------------
Darcy Baker
Darcy's Signs
Eureka Springs. AR.

Posts: 1169 | From: Eureka Springs, AR | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Beach
Visitor
Member # 9850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Beach   Email Dan Beach       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lady Gaga sucks.

--------------------
Dan Beach
Cylinder 9 Designs
1650 Glassboro Rd
Sewell, NJ 08080

Posts: 625 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Broughton
Visitor
Member # 2237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Broughton   Author's Homepage   Email Stephen Broughton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lady??? Gaga??? definitely was a bloke! [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Steve Broughton
Alpha Grafix Signs
Lowfields Road
Benington, Boston
Lincolnshire, England

Posts: 315 | From: Boston, Lincolnshire, England | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carl Wood
Visitor
Member # 1223

Fame...it brings out the envy in people....

--------------------
Carl Wood
Olive Branch, Ms

Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see it as envy, Carl. Sure, I would love to make tons of money, but her being rich doesn't make me envious of her. I don't like her style at all. Just because she is rich and famous doesn't mean I have to like her.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Bradley
Resident

Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Bradley   Email Rusty Bradley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If sign makers projected bizarre personas of themselves to the public...like Lady Gaga does...or as professional wrestlers do...would they make better signs...would people view them as more talented...would they be more talented...I'm thinking of turning my next sign installation into a theatrical performance...complete with bizarre costumes, and song and dance...maybe some cool chorographed dance with the post hole diggers as the holes are being dug...this might be my ticket to fame.

[ July 05, 2010, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Bradley ]

--------------------
Rusty Bradley
Bradley Sign Studio
100 Creekview Road
Summertown, Tn. 38483

Posts: 2179 | From: Summertown, Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darcy Baker
Visitor
Member # 8262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darcy Baker   Email Darcy Baker       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rusty, your work speaks for itself,Get too out there and they may have you committed and doing murals for therapy.

--------------------
Darcy Baker
Darcy's Signs
Eureka Springs. AR.

Posts: 1169 | From: Eureka Springs, AR | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Just read today where she is the first human being on the face of the earth to have over 10 million fans on Facebook.

That's a lot of freakin' people.....

Rusty, I know you have at least 20 or 30 fans of your work here on Letterville, including me.... so I guess it's never too late to get started.

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!