Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Satanic Logo Design

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Satanic Logo Design
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So like, in my web reading while I'm just killing time, I sometimes come across these web sites that talk about how most major corporations have elements in their logo or trademark that may reflect ties to certain groups or sects. It may be placement of triangles, all seeing eyes, bacis shapes. Even the way American currency is designed. And I can't help but think, "So who designs this stuff anyways" I have never been asked to design a logo that shows ties to a certain group. I mean if you are going to specilaize in that market, you'd have to know all intricacies of what you are asked to design. Anybody got some imput on this? I kinda imagine the comversation to go like this,,
Customer,, " I need a new logo for my plumbing business, It must have three triangles and one eye on top.
Sign Guy,,, Three triangles, what for. It's been done. What a waste. Just get your name done. Plus, that eye things seems kinda kooky.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3814 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did design a Logo for Satan once..

(AKA my Ex wife)

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Smith
Visitor
Member # 146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The little colored stickers on the backs of highway signs are secret trail markers for the foreign invasion forces.

--------------------
Frank Smith
Frank Smith Signs
Albany, NY
www.franksmithsigns.com

Posts: 807 | From: Albany, NY USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Byrd
Visitor
Member # 825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Byrd   Author's Homepage   Email John Byrd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I KNEW it!!!!

--------------------
John Byrd
Ball Ground, Georgia
770-735-6874
http://johnbyrddesign.com
so happy I gotta sit on both my hands to keep from wavin' at everybody!

Posts: 741 | From: Ball Ground, Georgia, USA | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about the arrow in ther FedEx logo. Bet you never noticed it and once it gets pointed out, you can't ever look at it without seeing it, kinda like seeing Jesus in the cloud picture.

I do not get many requests to make logos with secret satanic messages in them, but one time I had a father/son team who owned a tree nursery hire me to do a logo back before computers (1979 or so) They wanted a tree that was balled. I worked on it and after a few attempts they came in and began arguing about it. Dad wanted the old look and the son, the new. Back and forth. I was charging by the hour, so I was glad to come up with more examples. It took a month or so and everytime they came in, they bellowed back and forth.

Finally, I did one they both liked. It was a symetrical tree with leaves and the dirt ball beneath. They bought it and we did all their signs, trucks and corporate identity with the new logo. I was amazed they ever came to any agreement. Then I looked at it one day driving by and saw the secret image. The negative space beneath the upper tree and the dirt ball looked like two 'cylidrical tube' shapes facing each other off, complete with little symetrical knobs at the middle. The check was good and amazingly the business is still there with the 'old' logo. No satanic message, but a definite Freudian interpretation of the pair.

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Preston.. Now all I see is the Arrow.. Tooo Funny

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunnno, but recently there was round logo with red stripes at the bottom and a blue horizon that represents something very evil indeed.

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Is MASONRY satanic??

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a customer couple tell me they had to interview me and what I believed in before they would allow me to make a sign for them. The conditions were that I had to believe what they did and only associate with those also that believed that also....

and, I didn't, of course do the job!

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was good friends with a man whose son was involved in the design of the "Joe Camel" ad campaign. If you look at the nose and "chin" of the camel, you will clearly see a phallic representation. Every single ad done with Joe Camel had to be cleared by the agency to make sure that part did not get changed. Joe Camel could be riding a skateboard, having a drink on the beach, or just being cool in his shades, but the angle of the face never changed.

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, I'd like to see Micheal Moore do a film on this whole subject. Really shows how people can be swayed to easily.
Conversation like this,,
Michael, "So you actually design genitals into the ad"
Agency, " A, no, it just came out that way. Who let you in here? Security, Security!!"

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3814 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Preston McCall
Visitor
Member # 351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Preston McCall   Author's Homepage   Email Preston McCall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Moore should do a film on you, Alicia. I would pay good money to see it!

--------------------
Preston McCall
112 Rim Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico
text: 5056607370

Posts: 1552 | From: Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Santo
Visitor
Member # 411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santo   Email Santo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the devil are you talking about?

It ain't easy working for a big red devil!

--------------------
Santo Brocato
Promotion Graphics & Letters
Spring, TX

Posts: 2501 | From: Spring, TX USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slightly OT, I guess, but when I was a kid if you spotted a discarded Camels pack on the sidewalk you'd grab it up and play "Hits or Cracks" with your buddy. One guy wd choose either Hits or Cracks, then you'd peel apart the fold at the bottom of the pack and there'd be a number code, always starting with either an "H" or a "C". Whoever lost the bet wd have to submit to a certain number of either hits. with the fist, or cracks, chops, on his upper arm.
This was during WWII and there was some speculation that the codes might be secret messages planted there by German spies.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey forget those crazy man made symbols..what's up with the wacky satan gang sign?...or are they all just Texas Longhorn fans?

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Wicca%20&%20Witchcraft/signs_of_satan.htm

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Barrow
Deceased

Member # 576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Barrow   Email Tim Barrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dennis they have been making and printing those camel packs here since the turn of the century and the introduction of the camel brand,..those numbers are lot numbers for the packaging assembly lines and the printers not some spy message or whatever bs dreamed up by people with way too much time on their hands,....

there are even a couple of RJR brands named after our town if ya check my signature,...

--------------------
fly low...timi/NC is,
Tim Barrow
Barrow Art Signs
Winston-Salem,NC

Posts: 2224 | From: Winston-Salem,NC,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Kiernan
Resident

Member # 12202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Kiernan   Email Dennis Kiernan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"..those numbers are lot numbers for the packaging assembly lines and the printers not some spy message or whatever bs dreamed up by people with way too much time on their hands,...."

These were kids during the 40s and we had more than enough to fill the time, including after-school and summer jobs for anyone who wanted one. And I didnt know anyone who was convinced that spies had anything to do with them.

--------------------
dennis kiernan
independent artist
san francisco, calif, usa

Posts: 907 | From: san francisco, ca usa | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The original camel on the old packs had various
figures to find, a lion, standing nude woman, a
building, snake and what have you....

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Smith
Visitor
Member # 146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still sneak words into my art sometimes. When I sketch in pen & ink, and I'm making textures such as the leaves in a mob of trees, it's no extra work to add words into the textures, why not? When I was younger, I'd sublimely paint "sex" into the art on paper signs & banners. Nobody really noticed or cared, and I suspect their subconscious missed it, too. I think the main beneficiary of subliminal advertising is the artist's own enjoyment.

--------------------
Frank Smith
Frank Smith Signs
Albany, NY
www.franksmithsigns.com

Posts: 807 | From: Albany, NY USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Barrow
Deceased

Member # 576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Barrow   Email Tim Barrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems like I remember back in the 80's a daily nationally syndicated cartoon that had a name hidden in it every day,... can't seem to find any reference to it on the web but I vividly remember trying to find the name each morning after reading of all the bad things in the news and then searching that cartoon for the hidden name each day over my coffee at the breakfast table.

--------------------
fly low...timi/NC is,
Tim Barrow
Barrow Art Signs
Winston-Salem,NC

Posts: 2224 | From: Winston-Salem,NC,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Smith
Visitor
Member # 146

If you're referring to Al Hirschfeld, he's findable:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://theinvisibleagent.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/hirschfeld-nina.jpg&imgrefurl=http://theinvisibleagent.wordpress.com/2009/01/04/al-hirschfeld-gr eat-caricatures/&usg=__P1_tfHxfyl-9fkqbpUnYg3GAaNE=&h=600&w=441&sz=28&hl=en&start=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=8vnxK_6QkS5tbM:&tbnh=135&tbnw=99&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnina%2BAND%2Bhirschfeld%26um%3D 1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26rlz%3D1B3GGGL_enUS321US321%26tbs%3Disch:1

http://www.google.com/images?q=nina+AND+hirschfeld&btnG=Search&um=1&hl=en&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS321US321&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=2

--------------------
Frank Smith
Frank Smith Signs
Albany, NY
www.franksmithsigns.com

David O'Hanlon
Visitor
Member # 2754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David O'Hanlon   Author's Homepage   Email David O'Hanlon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About 20 yrs ago, someone put several "F" words into the cover photo of the Brisbane Yellow Pages. Dunno how they managed to make it through to publication as the words stood out like dog's danglies when viewed from the right angle. I saw a copy at a sign shop in Brisbane about '04. The bloke thought it was so funny that he kept the cover.

--------------------
Army Dave
Oz

Posts: 229 | From: Brisbane, Oz | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!