Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Flexi won't read the dongle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Flexi won't read the dongle
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought a new computer, 64 bit Windows 7, and loaded my 7.62 and it won't read the USB dongle. The dongle works on the other computers so I know it's good. What configuration might work? I know many said they still get this to work, so I need some help please.

This is Flexi Pro.
Also, on my installation notes from previous installs, I typed in the code in lower case characters. Windows 7 made them upper case even with the caps turned off.

Thank you.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6725 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony McDonald
Resident

Member # 1158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony McDonald   Email Tony McDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rick,

Your version may be different, but I had to install 6.6v1 in xp mode. (I was told it won't work...but it works fine)

Once installed in xp mode, install the alladin hasp driver. You can then create a shortcut on your windows 7 desktop. When you click the shortcut to open the program, there will be the blinking icon in the taskbar. Right click on that and click on attach usb devices. There you can select the hasp driver, and in my case the usb-serial cable, to attach them to windows 7.
The program won't start till you do this step.
You will need to do this each time you open the program. If there's a way to permanently attach devices, that would be great, but I havn't found it yet.

Tony

--------------------
Ace Graphics & Printing
Camdenton, MO. USA

acegraphics1@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1196 | From: Camdenton, MO. USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tony, how do you install in XP mode?

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6725 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony McDonald
Resident

Member # 1158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony McDonald   Email Tony McDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
XP doesn't come installed, or at least mine didn't. So you have to download virtual machine, and windows xp.

Here's a link to the downloads > > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

forgot to say that once you download VM and XP, XP mode will show up in your windows 7 programs list. Start XP mode and install Flexi from there.
Once installed, Flexi should be in your windows 7 programs list, and you can drag a shortcut to the 7 desktop to start flexi from 7.

[ May 20, 2010, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Tony McDonald ]

--------------------
Ace Graphics & Printing
Camdenton, MO. USA

acegraphics1@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1196 | From: Camdenton, MO. USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curt Stenz
Visitor
Member # 82

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt Stenz   Email Curt Stenz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am using Flexi 5.5 (I know it's old but it does everything I need) on an old Mac.

What do you do if the thing goes south, and how do you know that is the problem? I always thought that the dongle was a stupid idea and I am surprised they have not come up something else to replace this archaic device.

--------------------
Curt Stenz Graphics
700 Squirrel Lane
Marathon, WI 54448

Posts: 592 | From: Marathon, WI 54448 | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ed Gregorowicz
Visitor
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed Gregorowicz   Email Ed Gregorowicz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had cut manager problems with Flexi 5.8 a couple months back on my mac... I haven't gotten it resolved yet.

Currently using FlexiSign Pro 7.0 on a pc, and I HATE it. Nothing works the same or is where it belongs.

The thing about the dongle on an older mac is that you cant go to a newer Mac because they don't have the ADB port on anything newer than a beige G3.

--------------------
Ed
The Signwerks
1951 SR 254 Orangeville, Pa.

Posts: 199 | From: Orangeville, Pa. USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

It seems that I need to upgrade the Home Premium version of Windows to a higher version in order to get the XP features to work. I've tried the dongle upgrades and many combination's of installs. Thanks for the help.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!