Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Another Use for Rapid Remover--Sorta OT... well, it did happen in my shop!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another Use for Rapid Remover--Sorta OT... well, it did happen in my shop!
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I slipped out to my shop the other night and was disturbed to find five very large cockroaches throwing a raucous party. Offended by the fact that I had not been invited to this bash at my very own digs, I decided to take appropriate disciplinary action. Not having a can of bug spray handy and clearly in no mood to clean up if I squashed them (besides, when the stomping starts, the scurrying begins--and I wouldn’t have gotten them all), I reached for the only thing handy, my spray bottle of Rapid Remover.

In seconds, they were all dispatched into the realm of the dearly departed. I love the smell of limonene in the evening!

Although the efficacy of Roger’s Rapid Roach Remover cannot be disputed, I doubt the videos will show up on his website any time soon.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor poor roaches. Cruel cruel humans.

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roger bailey
Merchant

Member # 556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roger bailey   Author's Homepage   Email roger bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing that David, though I don't advocate that use!
I do however find it effective for spiders, wasps,ants,etc.
The real bonus is how it kills weeds around the yard
Again, I don't publically advocate these uses.

Roger

--------------------
Roger Bailey
Rapid Tac Incorporated
186 Combs Dr.
Merlin Oregon

Posts: 3020 | From: Merlin Oregon | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.It kills weeds? Are we gonna need a respirator and a hazmat suit to use it for sign making?

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ed Gregorowicz
Visitor
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed Gregorowicz   Email Ed Gregorowicz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you a weed???

--------------------
Ed
The Signwerks
1951 SR 254 Orangeville, Pa.

Posts: 199 | From: Orangeville, Pa. USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Billy,

You only need that if you are a cockroach doing sign making.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better to be safe than sorry. You should probably wear the suit, Billy.

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Today's incident:

Sophie found an opossum in the washing machine. It had decided to take a nap in the dirty clothes in the breezeway. When she gathered the clothes up, Sophie unknowingly also got the critter and washed them all. Fortunately for the possum, it was a cold water wash.

I personally became the Rapid Remover and picked the world's cleanest opossum out of the machine by its tail, petted him a bit, and put him in a tree, which he has since vacated. I would have also said the world's most confused possum, except those animals would need more brain power to actually get to any sort of confusion level.

[ May 13, 2010, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: David Harding ]

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harding...don't tell me that you let supper get away!

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ed Gregorowicz
Visitor
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed Gregorowicz   Email Ed Gregorowicz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roaches??
Possums??

Better start keeping the doors shut down there.... [Eek!]

--------------------
Ed
The Signwerks

Posts: 199 | From: Orangeville, Pa. USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

That reminds me of something that happened to a friend of mine who lived in a mobile home...

Her daughter was about 3 and hated taking naps... she would make all kinds of excuses so when she came into the kitchen during naptime saying "Mama, mama... big mouse on the bed..." her mother automatically assumed it was a nap avoiding tactic and told her to go back to her room and go to sleep....

The daughter attempts to go back and nap, but a few minutes later.... back again.... "Mama, mama, I promwis, big big mouse on the bed...."

Finally, mama decides to check on it and whaddaya know, there's a possum, sound asleep on the bed. She got much more excited about it than the kid had, and had to call her hubby to remove it...

The bathroom vanity door was open, so they figured he had come through there. I guess there was a hole around the sink drain pipe large enough for him to climb through.

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com

Dana Blair
Resident

Member # 951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Blair   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Blair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Biting hole in lip to keep from making a southern part of the country comment! [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Dana Blair
Blair Signs
Wooster, OH
www.blairsigns.com

If sign makers go on strike, is there anything written on their picket signs?

Posts: 835 | From: Wooster, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ed Gregorowicz
Visitor
Member # 1842

Hey, we have opossums up here too.....

--------------------
Ed
The Signwerks

David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Dana,

My brother lives in Montana and he says there's people up there who've never seen a cockroach in their entire lives. I told him I can step on a roach but doing that to a grizzly only serves to tick them off.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David: above a certain elevation,most roaches/insects cease to exist, snakes too...

[Cool]

--------------------
Frank Magoo,
Magoo's-Las Vegas; fmagoo@netzero.com
"the only easy day was yesterday"

Posts: 2365 | From: Las Vegas, Nv. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

In Yosemite, the bears are now ranging above 8000' because they've acquired a taste for backpacker's fare. Scare off a hiker, and there's a brightly colored Happy Meal on the ground.

[ May 14, 2010, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: David Harding ]

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David, do you know that for a fact?
Maybe, an eye witness.

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David, do you know that for a fact?
Maybe, an eye witness.

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Harold Werner, a fish and wildlife biologist at Sequoia and Kings Canyon says about bears: "They will go to great lengths to find more. They'll even take up residency at 11,000 feet if there's a campsite nearby that consistently attracts people and their food." Bear resistant food containers are required at Yosemite for all camping above 9600'.

When I took my grandson there a couple years ago, the Rangers told us bears were rarely found above treeline in the past, but now range up there quite frequently, hoping to score a meal off a panicked backpacker. They recommend not dropping your pack.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Chris Lovelady
Resident

Member # 2540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Lovelady   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
roaches...weed..what is Bill Smokin! damn liberals...lol

--------------------
"We have been making house calls since 1992"

Chris Lovelady
Vital Signs

NOW WITH 2 LOCATIONS!
Tallahassee, Florida
Thomasville, Ga.

www.vitalsignsllc.com
1-850-893-0674

Posts: 707 | From: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

My first trip to Yosemite, there were bears
everywhere.That was 1953. The floor, the Meadows,
the peak where they pushed the fire over the
ridge at night especially was full of bears.
Yogi & BooBoo, would greet you with a smile.
I once saw the bottom half of a bear crashing into solid objects. The top half was stuck in a
garbage can. A ranger would walk up to a bear with a big club and the bear would run...

[ May 14, 2010, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: jack wills ]

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!