Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Hats Off to Canada!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hats Off to Canada!
PatRaap
Resident

Member # 4290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatRaap   Author's Homepage   Email PatRaap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very well done! From the opening Ceremony to its closing....it was awesome. The competitions were spectacular, and the views and scenes we saw were amazing! Have definitely decided that VanCouver is a place I need to see up close!
Congrats for your record Gold Metal Wins! [Applause]

--------------------
Patricia A. Raap
Raap Signs
2615 Arthur
Coopersville, MI 49404
616-677-0158
pat@raapsigns.com

Posts: 579 | From: Coopersville, MI 49404 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll second that, Pat - when the clown came out and "plugged in" the fourth element of the torch to begin the closing ceremony, I thought Canada showed some real class and a willingness to poke some fun at itself. Thanks to our neighbors up north for a fantastic Olympics........

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poking fun at ourselves is a national pastime. [Smile]
I loved the "Airport Souvenier Shop" segment where the RCMP, air hockey, blow up beavers, floating moose and dancing maple leaf et al were present.

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great game...Good win.

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sandy Baird
Resident

Member # 4773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sandy Baird   Author's Homepage   Email Sandy Baird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Neil D. Butler had a hand in
writting the closing ceremonies.

I am not sure what the US coverage
explaned that, we where showing every
stereotype about how we think Canada
is viewed by the world.

But Neil shows everyone daily through his
posts that, we rarely take ourselves too seriously.

--------------------
Sandy "Monk" Baird
Windwalker Sign Studio
Port Colborne, Ontario
L3K 4H9

Posts: 442 | From: Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While the lack of snow certainly made for lots of news stories around the world, it's my hope that folks will now see Canada as more than ice and snow. While the Olympics were held about 50 from our house we were mowing our lawn and smelling the first of the local flowers of spring. As always I enjoyed seeing the snow from afar on the mountains that surround us.

The 2010 Canadian Olympics ignited a national pride that I've long believed but have rarely seen. While I am far from a sports fan I found myself watching coverage of the Olympics each day, more sports in the last weeks than in the same number of years previous.

What I enjoyed most was the back stories of the athletes, both Canadian and from around the world. Each had a wonderful story, of the years of sacrifice and passion it took to reach the pinnacle of achievement. I admire that no matter what the event be it art of sport.

Hats off to all who gave it their all - no matter whether they stood on the podium or not.

It was a GREAT SHOW!!!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8739 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A wonderful show of sportsmanship all the way around. It "was" the way all of those hard-working athletes poured their hearts and soul into their sports A treat for all watching but also a refresher from all the world news as it is now.
Kudos to all!

and, the photography and life stories were fascinating, as well as the opening ceremonies graphic art light shows and grand entries of all. I put on DVD as much as I could when I wasn't watching through the weeks. Thanks, Canada for hosting; you did a magnificent job!

[ March 01, 2010, 07:23 AM: Message edited by: Deb Fowler ]

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Sandy, I'm so happy that people enjoyed these Olympics, and like others said ,the behind the scene stories really give you a feel of what it is like to be Canadian, or American or Russian.. Sports surely are the common bond.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rene Giroux
Resident

Member # 4980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rene Giroux   Author's Homepage   Email Rene Giroux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that the Olympics are over..... I think I have a wife in here somewhere..... hello ? hello ???

[Applause] [Applause] [Applause] to all !

[Cool]

--------------------
Rene Giroux
Perfexion.ca
Gatineau, QC.

www.renegiroux.com

I'd rather regret things I did than things I didn't do!

Posts: 1875 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Carter
Visitor
Member # 494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Carter   Email Steve Carter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neil

I hate to say that the connection RE: Explaining Canada to Americans is no longer available due to copy rights with NBC. My wife had not seen it and I searched for it this morning and found out it was gone!

That was a really good video!

--------------------
Steve Carter {:{)
a Touch of Glass
254 Lexington Mill Rd.
Magnolia, DE, 19962
PH: 302-335-3170

Posts: 181 | From: Magnolia, De, USA - Center of the Universe | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's too bad... it really is.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Churchill
Resident

Member # 68

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Churchill   Email Chuck Churchill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They missed a great opportunity to show off Canadian creative skills at the closing ceremony. Instead of the mime crawling out of the hole to fix the broken torch element it should of been Red Green with a roll of duct tape!

--------------------
Chuck Churchill,
It's A Good Sign Inc.
3245 Harvester Rd, U-12
Burlington, Ont.
Phone: 905-681-8775
Fax: 905-681-8945

Posts: 633 | From: Burlington, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sandy Baird
Resident

Member # 4773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sandy Baird   Author's Homepage   Email Sandy Baird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was hoping to see the final act, being Bob & Doug the Mckenzie brothers, for about 20 seconds followed by RUSH doing "Take off, to the great white north"

That would have been a great finish.

ps..for those inquisitive minds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BFPt001PYU

[ March 01, 2010, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Sandy Baird ]

--------------------
Sandy "Monk" Baird
Windwalker Sign Studio
Port Colborne, Ontario
L3K 4H9

Posts: 442 | From: Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

I have'nt heard that in Years! Still funny after all these years.. lol

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!