Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Danville Projects and Project Leaders

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Danville Projects and Project Leaders
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Lindley   Email Scott Lindley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Projects and Project Leaders

Abe Lincoln Mark Fair

Balloon Classics Dale Manor

Chuckles Candy Mike Meyer

Fecker Brewery Adam May and Bandit

Railroad, Inter Urban Andy Goretski

Chief Kennekuk Dave Correll

Petrified Forest (Coal Mine) Michael Clark

Salt Kettle David Butler

Gordon Hubbard Dave Petri

Dan Beckwith Diaz Boys

Dick Van Dyke Duncan Wilkie

Gene Hackman The Three Bernie’s

I have a meeting again on February 3rd with the Downtown Danville counsel. They will be screening the Walldogs DVD form the Pontiac meet. I ask for additional information about each theme for the project leaders. I am going to be a little behind on the wall size information. My Danville coordinators are securing the rest of the walls for our project. It is my hope that we will be able to add additional projects to this meet. I have heard from many that have an interest in running a project. I would like to have three more theme walls. We will need to see what Danville would like to do.

--------------------
Cornbread or Scott Lindley
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Posts: 249 | From: Mt Pulaski | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a stellar group, Scott. Can't wait to sling some paint with y'all (and hear the triple Bernies howling in the night)

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like I am going to have to do some applied research for this one.....Always wanted to go for a hot air balloon ride!

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Lindley   Email Scott Lindley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonny I know that the triple howl in the night. I heard them sing before.
Dale I should have more information about your project coming from the organizers.
I love the enthusiasm. Keep it up.

--------------------
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Posts: 249 | From: Mt Pulaski | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a heads up, for those of you who are on the list that have helped me in the past. I am hoping to be out there, so if you need my help I'd be very happy to sling some paint with you. I just love Walldog meets, I think this one will be another top memory of painting another town...

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Cisco I would love to have you in Danville and we should have a lot of paint put on the walls. Are you riding out here on the back of Sunsets bike?

--------------------
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Judy Grossman
Visitor
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Grossman   Author's Homepage   Email Judy Grossman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yo Scott...Sounds like a great line-up! I would love to sling some major paint with anyone of these wonderful DAWGS! It sure would be fun to have a stronger contigent from the West this year. Anyone (including Cisco...Sunset will be with Frank, I'm sure) wanna carpool or caravan...I am game. I'm panting already...Or is that painting?

--------------------
Judy Grossman
JG Signs & Designs
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370

Posts: 207 | From: Sonora, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what about a Tribute mural to Donald O Conner and the famous talking mule, "Francis" Donald was from Danville. I don't know where Francis was from.  -

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3814 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Luck   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Luck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott,
Does Danvile have a Mayor? Pontiac was as bust for my political career! I only paint red white and blue.

Sign-cerely, (not serious) Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 870 | From: 2718-b Grovelin Godfrey, Illinois 62035 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Banasky
Resident

Member # 1164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Banasky   Email Susan Banasky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just registered with Scott (thanks Scott)
Travel arrangements are next. Another contingent from the West here,Judy, (but from much farther North).
I am soooo looking forward to helping paint and meeting every single one of you.

--------------------
Susan Banasky
Source Signs
Nanaimo, British Columbia
sourcesigns@shaw.ca

When in need....go directly to the "Source"!

Proud Supporter of this "Knowledge Network"!

Posts: 1323 | From: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Danville has a mayor and his name is Scott. That‘s a good name for a mayor! Sorry about your political career Steve. I was thinking about doing a Francis the talking Mule panel for the auction in Danville. There were a lot of themes that we may not get to mural so I thought it would be cool to work up panels of the forgotten themes. What do you think???

--------------------
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Sorry about the typo O's

--------------------
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm bringing some ANTI-MONKEY BUTT POWDER. Don't leave home without it.

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got me a jug of it for Christmas....I'll bring it along too!

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kurt Gaber
Resident

Member # 256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kurt Gaber   Author's Homepage   Email Kurt Gaber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great lineup Cornbread! We've got a huge summer coming up and I wish I could commit to coming down, but my wife and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary a week after your meet and we are going to be returning just a week before the meet from a trip to Yellowstone.

I sure had a great time slingin' paint with you in Jacksonville and in Algoma! I've still got a half dozen or so easels that we built for the brush bash if you might need them for the panel jam... it's just a matter of having someone pick them up on the way. Let me know.

--------------------
Kurt Gaber
Chippewa Falls, WI
Thank You Letterheads for being a part of both Brush Bashes in '02 & '06!

www.gabersigns.com

"Just Wing It"

Posts: 315 | From: Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Kaufmann
Visitor
Member # 2643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Kaufmann   Email Carol Kaufmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How wonderful to have this in my "backyard"! I can pull out of the drive here in front of my shop, turn right onto Rt. 1 and go straight there!
Hey Dale there was a very knowledgeable guy in the Downtown Danville office named Hank Norris who was an organizer of the hot air balloon events. I'll try to see if he's still around and get that info to you. He had all kinds of photos and research on the history of the local event.

--------------------
Carol Kaufmann
Watseka Sign
1801 N State Rt 1
Watseka, IL 60970

Posts: 33 | From: Watseka, IL | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill & I looking forward to another meet and the opportunity to just attend and enjoy! Scott, Carol will be awesome help if you can enlist her. She is a great person and lots of fun.
Carol, what can you find out about Dan Beckwith? [Confused]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Kaufmann
Visitor
Member # 2643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Kaufmann   Email Carol Kaufmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jane - I can tell you more about Col.Gordon Hubbard as he has "history" here in Watseka and Iroquois County. He and Princess Watch-E-Kee had a romantic thing. As a matter of fact...I have old mural photos of them. I checked on the Hot Air Balloon and found a contact for that history, and I'll call my Aunt in law at the histerical (oops) society to see if she has any info on Dan Beckwith. Let me work on that and get back to you.

--------------------
Carol Kaufmann
Watseka Sign
1801 N State Rt 1
Watseka, IL 60970

Posts: 33 | From: Watseka, IL | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Luck   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Luck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Scott, What size were you thinking for those panels for the auction? Can you give us some themes that didn't make the wall murals that would be desirable for panels?

I would be interested in donating a panel, I just need more info. Thanks.

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 870 | From: 2718-b Grovelin Godfrey, Illinois 62035 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunset Regall
Resident

Member # 11140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sunset Regall   Author's Homepage   Email Sunset Regall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[IMG]http://www.letterville.com/album/BullBoard
/HeavyLoadLaos.jpg[/IMG]

um yeah...plenty of room for a passenger....
you don't mind riding w/ me, do ya cisco?

(psssst....this is my first post as a reseedent w/ a pic.....gulp. i don't see the pic in preview...gulp)

sunofficialresidentset

--------------------
Sunset Regall
SUNSET DESIGNS
sunssette@gmail.com
www.sunsetsdesigns.com

Posts: 190 | From: chico, ca | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunset Regall
Resident

Member # 11140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sunset Regall   Author's Homepage   Email Sunset Regall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

A HA!!

--------------------
Sunset Regall
SUNSET DESIGNS
sunssette@gmail.com
www.sunsetsdesigns.com

Posts: 190 | From: chico, ca | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll ride with you baby, and I can also drive your Harley. I used to have a 48 Panhead...

--------------------
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

This is a list of the Danville Forgotten Mural Themes.Steve I’m going to make a 3 by 5 canvas of the old movie poster. I think you can make whatever size you would like.

Themes
Danville Stadium (The Babe “movie”, Dodgers, Jackie Robinson, Jon Papelbon, etc.)
Uncle Joe Cannon
Windbreakers
Laura Lee
Curtis G. Redden, Colonel Black
Dixie Highway
Brick Making
Sweet corn Capital (Hoopeston)
Jerry Van Dyke
Donald O’Conner

--------------------
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Scott Lindley
Visitor
Member # 11386

Danville called me yesterday. Thing are looking well. They may need to change some of the walls that I have requested but they have assigned a person to help with that. I was also told that the themes may change a little. They have come up with more for the list. So if I have assigned you a theme put on the brakes for now. I will know more next week.

--------------------
CSL Studio
114 North Vine Street
Mt Pulaski IL 62548

Judy Grossman
Visitor
Member # 235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Grossman   Author's Homepage   Email Judy Grossman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Susan! I've been to Nanaimo! Beautiful city!!! City of Totems, isn't it? I went to a mural conference in Chemainus in 2000. The first mural town, me thinks. Pretty cool. Gorgeous place BC!

Sunset...I thought I was your bitch! I'm crushed. OK...for those of you that are having a hard time swallowing this comment...ahem. Being a Harley driver's bitch...is the person on the back. There's even bitch pegs to put your feet on. But how's your seat? That's a looooong ride if the seat isn't comfortable. I know, my husband has an uncomfortable seat. I take short rides to build up the callouses that it takes to go for just a couple hundred miles at a time.

On another note...I just took the Pontiac movie to my Mom's tonight to show her and watch it with her. She hadn't seen it yet and only heard crazy stories. She sat through both DVD's. And it still was a wonderful hoot for me.Saw all your wonderful happy faces and missed them all. I have my fingers crossed that I can make it this year. I am already going through Dawg withdrawl. The howls of the Three Bernies are still in my ears. Love you guys! Wackos. Sunset's whistles...but the underarm farts were the best. You rock Honey! It would be a blast to do a road trip with you!!! Do I have to wrestle Cisco for you? Geez!

--------------------
Judy Grossman
JG Signs & Designs
226 W. Jackson St.
Sonora, CA 95370

Posts: 207 | From: Sonora, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Whoa whoa whoa, hey if the mayor can ride on the back with Sunset and not be called a bitch well so can I. [Applause] and no Judy I didn't take your comment serious. I already know you and your smirks. But on the serious note, that's way to far for me to ride a Harley. I rather have me either an RV or a conversion van. Then I can crash or do what ever I want. But who knows maybe I can sell Scott some of my sweat so he can start another family for some gas or flight $$

--------------------
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935

Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you too funny, Cisco!

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunset Regall
Resident

Member # 11140

now now...settle down...there's plenty of room...  -

--------------------
Sunset Regall
SUNSET DESIGNS
sunssette@gmail.com
www.sunsetsdesigns.com

Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOVE the new picture Sunset!!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carole Bersin   Author's Homepage   Email Carole Bersin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a great line-up. Better get my registration in and put it on the calendar. The only hard part will be trying to decide whose team to join!

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
3527 24th Av S, Minneapolis, Mn 55406
cbersin@visi.com

Posts: 211 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Staffan
Resident

Member # 4552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam Staffan   Email Sam Staffan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset Regall:
now now...settle down...there's plenty of room...  -

Your solution Sunset! [Smile]

-

--------------------
Sam Staffan
Mackinaw Art & Sign
721 S. Nokomis St. Mackinaw City, MI
dstaffan@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1694 | From: Mackinaw City, MI | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Elmgren
Visitor
Member # 11536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Elmgren   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Elmgren       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill: I thought Michael Clark was in charge of the anti monkey-butt powder.

Sunset: those guys on the bike have solved the commuting and global warming problem.

Sam: that looks like a bike even I couldn't lay down.

--------------------
Eric Elmgren
ericsignguy@comcast.net
A & E Graphic Signs
Park Ridge, IL
"The future isn't what it used to be" -Yogi Berra

Posts: 192 | From: PARK RIDGE, ILLINOIS | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunset Regall
Resident

Member # 11140

thank you, jane! i like that pic because it's kinda fuzzy...

eric...y'know, i have been looking for a bigger bike!

sun

--------------------
Sunset Regall
SUNSET DESIGNS
sunssette@gmail.com
www.sunsetsdesigns.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!