Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » first meet (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: first meet
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's it. Everyone that was in Banff, pack up and let's meet there next week. Sonny, let's make it 4:30 this time. LOL

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty Happy
Resident

Member # 302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marty Happy   Author's Homepage   Email Marty Happy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A 'reunion' in Banff would be a great idea! I was so very intimidated at that first meet and all I could do was silently wander around and stare at all the incredible talent. While Banff was an eye-opener the Mazeppa Meet the following year is the one that changed my life!

--------------------
Happy Signing...... Marty

M.F. (Marty) Happy
Signmaker Since 1974
Happy Ad Sign & Design
Regina SK, Canada S4N 5K4
306-789-9567
happyad@sasktel.net
www.happyad.ca

Get Happy & Get Noticed!

Posts: 773 | From: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there's a renunion in Banff, I'm in, even though I wasn't there the first time. My brother was, does that count?

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone ever heard from Larry Whan since the great meet?
Bill

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom & Kathy Durham
Resident

Member # 776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom & Kathy Durham   Email Tom & Kathy Durham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kansas City, I think '83. A bunch of greats were there. Steven Parish, Al Grand, and more. I first met Mike Stevens there and attended a little work shop. I was so excited I slept on a friends sign shop work table so I could stay late and get there early. After reading about Mike Jackson's meet in OK. I knew these were the people I wanted to be. The rest is history.

--------------------
Tom & Kathy Durham
House Springs, MO

Posts: 654 | From: House Springs, MO | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curt Stenz
Visitor
Member # 82

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt Stenz   Email Curt Stenz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first meet was in Chicago, I don't remember the year, but it had to be 20 years ago. Bob Behounek, Ken Millar, Superfrog blew in on an old Harley, and many others. It was held indoors at a Holiday Inn.

Memories that stand out was meeting and talking with one of the original owners of Wehrung & Billmeyer Gold. He was an old gentelman who demonstrated the art of hand beating the leaf.

Another was a display of 1950's era sign layouts from various billboard shops in the Chicago area. These were all hand lettered on heavy illustration board. The "Chicago Style" was very evident in these designs. I will never forget them.

--------------------
Curt Stenz Graphics
700 Squirrel Lane
Marathon, WI 54448

Posts: 590 | From: Marathon, WI 54448 | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Crumley
Visitor
Member # 2307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Crumley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I came across this photo of one of my favorite Letterheads.

-

--------------------
Joe Crumley
Norman Sign Company
2200 Research Park Blvd.
Norman, OK

Posts: 1428 | From: 2200 Research Park Blvd. | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb Schilling
Resident

Member # 13

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb Schilling   Author's Homepage   Email Barb Schilling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike Jackson's OK Bash Fall 1982(?) It was a real eye opener. I hopped a ride in Butch Anton's van along with about 7 students from the sign class at Detroit Lakes. I had never met Butch or anyone else on the trip, and I made my husband come to the hotel where I was meeting my ride so he could write down the license plate number in case I never showed up again. LOL!!! I had been contemplating leaving the sign biz - I was soooooo sick of red and black on white. That meet made me realize that signs can be beautiful and customers will PAY for better design! I did my first glass gilding on the HOTEL FAYE project under the guidance of Kent Smith (forever thanks mentormentormentor), saw Gary Rhodes create wonderful antique treatment for firetruck scrolling. Chided Mike Stevens for the "Bruthers of the Brush" poster - what?-no "Sistuhs?" Shot 5 rolls of film. Keith Knecht pinstriping; sandblasting and router techniques; Raymond Chapman shocards; handcarving, and so much more. My life and my career were changed forever. Thank you Mike Jackson!!

--------------------
SIGN STATION

Anoka, Minnesota
www.signstation.com
barbara@signstation.com

Posts: 338 | From: Andover, MN, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Luck   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Luck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say that Pontiac, Illinois 2009 will rate way up there among some of the greatest meets of Letterhead history. I have talked to several veterans and read many posts that will agree with me. It was my first full-time meet where I was able to work the whole 4 days. I had been to Jacksonville, Il in 2006? but it was just for one day.

Bill and Jane had a small, one day informal mini-meet for us Illinois/midwesterners which I was able to attend.

I am really looking forward to attending many more in the future. Yes, it does change your life. I was thrilled to meet so many great walldogs in person and get to know them a little.

In a word: Inspiring.

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 870 | From: 2718-b Grovelin Godfrey, Illinois 62035 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!