Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Doug Allen After Hours

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doug Allen After Hours
PatRaap
Resident

Member # 4290

Icon 16 posted      Profile for PatRaap   Author's Homepage   Email PatRaap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I didn't get home in time to catch my flight out to Doug Allens Chamber After Hours party on tuesday...dang! [I Don t Know] I knew I should have left Pontiac a little earlier...but we were stuck waiting for Sam to finish painting the leaves on Dales wall. [Confused]

Just wondering how it went Doug....know you were pretty excited about it and we are anxious to hear details of a great networking opportunity.

--------------------
Patricia A. Raap
Raap Signs
2615 Arthur
Coopersville, MI 49404
616-677-0158
pat@raapsigns.com

Posts: 601 | From: Coopersville, MI 49404 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a huge success!!
I got some excellent photos, great connections, awesome feedback, extensive opportunities, limitless inspiration & one indirectly related quote to submit this week which is quite likely to pay for the whole thing, not to mention a multitude of spin-off opportunities & potential from that one contact alone...

...the photos I almost had ready to show off right now are the 2 I took with me when I returned the 30" diameter "highboy" tables I rented for the purpose of offering bar height access to resting drinks and small appetizer plates, without letting people get so comfortable that they forget to mingle...

but I had my guys route 10 round 1/8" sintra tabletops & print full color promotional graphics that I designed in Illinois & FTP's back to the office...

These custom colorful tabletops, applied to the rented tables with doublestick tape were such a hit that I went to the owner of the rental company to get them to put one of our tabletops on their wall & I will do another with their logo & a brief sales pitch for their table renting clientele to consider full color custom tabletops for their events.

The owner loved the idea, & also gave me 20 contacts for the event planning type folks who bring in the large corporate events & then rent tables...

...but better yet, looks like i will be doing a van and a box truck wrap for the rental place!! ...I'll also offer them a price break for a large share (30%) of advertising space on their truck for yours truely [Smile]

gotta go, pics later...

thanks for asking Pat & I really enjoyed meeting Dennis and you, along with so many others, but I especially enjoyed our marketing chats!

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops... double post

[ July 02, 2009, 06:22 AM: Message edited by: Doug Allan ]

--------------------
Doug Allan

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

quote:
Originally posted by Doug Allan:
 -

[ July 02, 2009, 06:25 AM: Message edited by: Doug Allan ]

--------------------
Doug Allan

Dennis Raap
Resident

Member # 3632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Raap   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Raap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad it worked out for you Doug. That was a great idea using table top covers.

--------------------
Dennis Raap
Raap Signs

Posts: 840 | From: Coopersville, MI | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Beach
Visitor
Member # 9850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Beach   Email Dan Beach       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool tables Doug.

Oh and that Coconut Porter is awesome. I've never been to HI, but my brother brought some of that stuff back with him. Now I want some more . . .

--------------------
Dan Beach
Cylinder 9 Designs
1650 Glassboro Rd
Sewell, NJ 08080

Posts: 625 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like it was a great event.

I love the idea of the table tops.

Go get'em Doug!

Peace,
Bob

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1885 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

I'll show you the custom bar too...

-

(while were talking marketing... these are the "wings girls" who have been long time clients, buying stickers from me to promote their jewelry & custom imprinted clothing line. Their logo was on our flyers, table tops & the small sponsor banners on my fence. They also donated door prizes & were mentioned in my brief thank you's on the mic... and they tended bar for me which is a marketing success for me as well [Smile]
On a related side note, I've sold Hawaiian Stickers to surf shops for years, & I always stamp the backs of them with my company info. I was selling these girls thousands of stickers over several years time before i found out that that stamp at the surfshop sticker one of them bought is what brought their business to me.

Here is our traditional Hawaiian entertainer Paula Fuga who you can hear on my blog. She is an amazing talent & get's credit from me for the success of 100 people showing up in this economy:

-

--------------------
Doug Allan

Karen M Stanley
Resident

Member # 7178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen M Stanley   Email Karen M Stanley       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great tables Doug !

Hmmm... My kitchen table needs a makeover... did you print directly onto the sintra or would it work short-term to print onto controltac and then apply?
I'm off to check out your website [Smile]

--------------------
Karen Stanley
Signs & Wonders
Amherst, VA

Posts: 136 | From: Amherst, VA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

I printed on orajet, laminated & applied to sintra. I could have applied to the tables too, but since I had some scratched up old sintra I bought cheap, we went that route, & as a result, I was able to gift a few to sponsors etc.

--------------------
Doug Allan

Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doug, you can almost see the wheels turning in your head when you start talking marketing. You think further outside the box than most of us (must be the Kona coffee)

But if y'all really want to see Doug "Animal" Allan in his element, just give him a drum:

-

His hands are a blur (again, must be the coffee.....)

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4117 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie Lohmeyer
Visitor
Member # 2076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bernie Lohmeyer   Email Bernie Lohmeyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes sir reeeeeeeeeeeeee......he rocks on them drums .....I asked fer "wipeout" And I got it and really was kid'in ............boy was it great thanks Doug...... still wait'in on the In'a goda da veda set thow........ he he he.......

--------------------
Bernie Lohmeyer
Bernman Graphics
Osage City, KS

Posts: 268 | From: Osage City,Kansas U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

thanks for the kind words everyone, & for the cool pic Sonny!!

I sat in for 2 songs at the end of my party the other night:

-

--------------------
Doug Allan

Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doug, you continue to blow me away with all the new intuitive methods of marketing you come up with on what seems like a reg basis lately!

I also want to thank-you very much for the Kona coffee delivery. As soon as Dan called me, I think I was over there within 5 minutes for my glorious pickup. [Smile] Thanks for including me!

From one kona coffee fanatic to another.

[ July 03, 2009, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Donna in BC ]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

whew... I was holding my breath... I feared that the pink team may have broken into Dan's vehicle again when I didn't hear from you sooner [Razz]

Glad he was able to dodge the maze of Kona addicts worldwide & make the midnight express mission, through the Midwestern Plains, Rocky Mountains, through forests, & across borders... all the way to Yarrow... good job Dan.. I never doubted you, but I know all too well how much in damand that commodity can be [Big Grin]

(I'm an equal opportunity caffeine enabler, so I made just as many visits to the pink team to keep their blood stream pumped up... what a trip though... Jay is much like Dan, in that he could almost replace caffeine for those of us around them who are subject to their pace of living... what a buzz both of those guys emit)

--------------------
Doug Allan

Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

I must add to all who have made comments on my marketing ideas. Jon Aston is a long time member of this website & a merchant at one time for some years. Anyway, as my marketing consultant for years, up to and including this year, Jon has helped train me to think like a marketing guy. I'm sure many of the marketing ideas I have posted about over the years are Jon's ideas, or spin-off ideas that grew from Jon's ideas, or my own ideas that are a result of the new way of thinking I can attribute in part to Jon, or books he has suggested, or books I found.

Anyway, Jon has done a lot for me with the marketing consultations over the years, so I would be remiss to overhear these compliments without sharing the spotlight with Marketing Partners

[ July 03, 2009, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Doug Allan ]

--------------------
Doug Allan

PatRaap
Resident

Member # 4290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatRaap   Author's Homepage   Email PatRaap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doug, Glad to hear it was such a huge success......sorry I had to miss it...looked like a great time. [I Don t Know]
Got me thinking again though...it has been about 2 years since I have done a Chamber After Hours....so it's about time I get working on another one.
It was great chatting with you about our Marketing concepts. And the Kona was Grrrrrrreat!

--------------------
Patricia A. Raap
Raap Signs
2615 Arthur
Coopersville, MI 49404
616-677-0158
pat@raapsigns.com

Posts: 601 | From: Coopersville, MI 49404 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!