Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Tough question and Stuff

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tough question and Stuff
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are you using for short-term banners now? I'm talking about something for an event, or a one or two day deal. It will probably have vinyl letters and maybe some hand painting.

Also, in another obscure post, I mentioned that I had a new respect for coroplast. I am running for office in our town, and had some of my political signs stolen. Another candidate with the same problem located them, in a creek near a neighboring town.

I took my son and we went 'wading', fishing out several of mine and his signs. We took them home, hosed them off and scrubbed them with cleanser. They came out like new, after 5 days under water and mud. We put them back up. I was impressed.

Any other tales of the wonder of this product that we all love to hate?

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dale...as far as coro...

I have used it as ceiling tile in an area of my shop...just as an experiment. It is holding up well, looks good, and has an insulation value because of all the air pockets. Plus it's easy to clean.

The downside it's not fireproof....yet.

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkers
Resident

Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkers   Author's Homepage   Email Checkers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya Dale,
I just get cheap banners digitally printed by a billboard company now. While not the greatest print quality, it's cheaper than I what can do any other way.
Why would you want to run for office?!?!? [Smile]
Coroplast is cheap, durable and, unfortunately, can last forever. One of the local politicians prefers coroplast because it outlasts any of the other signage he's used. Since he has to run for office every couple of years, he saves them and they're as good as new come election time.
I now recommend fold-over poster board before I recommend coroplast. It's more affordable and almost guarantees me repeat business [Smile]

Havin' fun,

Checkers

--------------------
a.k.a. Brian Born
www.CheckersCustom.com
Harrisburg, Pa
Work Smart, Play Hard

Posts: 3775 | From: Harrisburg, Pa. U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ScooterX
Resident

Member # 2023

Icon 6 posted      Profile for ScooterX   Author's Homepage   Email ScooterX       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for small single color banners I still use vinyl. For anything more complex, it seems digitally printed banners are more cost effective.

i don't sell a lot of low cost banners though. there's not enough money in it. too many people underbidding one another.

--------------------
:: Scooter Marriner ::
:: Coyote Signs ::
:: Oakland, CA ::
:: still a beginner ::
::

Posts: 1356 | From: Oakland (and San Francisco) | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering about the banner material. It will be inside. What about tyvek, or a paper material, or..?

Hey Checkers, why would anyone want to run for office??? It's the big fancy cars, fat cigars, the huge paycheck, and the opportunity to sit back in the big leather chair with my feet up on the desk, looking important, doing nothing, and taking all the credit for the good stuff, and blaming everything else on everyone else. Why not?

[ April 30, 2009, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Dale Feicke ]

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tyvek is good, or if ya know someome who works at PEPSI or COKE....they give them away for free....and you can vinyl them, paint wont stick!!!!

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stick with the 13 oz banners. Durable.

Made one for a wedding last spring...all vinyl, one color...and "rented" it out. After the wedding, I got it back and pulled the vinyl off. Sold it to another customer a week later. After a year, they went for a more permanent sign and are using the banner for trade shows.

Just a line of attack...
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkers
Resident

Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkers   Author's Homepage   Email Checkers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee Dale,
You sound like you'll fit right in with the politicians running this state [Smile]
Seriously though, I admire you for stepping up and trying to make a difference.
I haven't used Tyvek for several years. However, the stuff I used for aqueous inkjet printing was pretty good for most temporary applications - indoors or out. If you're looking for cheap and indoor, you can use butcher paper or I'll even cut and weed vinyl and use it as is. The banner below is just such a sample...

-

It's about 22" x 5' and cut from a 24" roll of intermediate vinyl. If you want to get fancier, Kapco has some Kapcolor™ "banner" material which is more durable than than paper...
https://www.kapco.com/cms/site/029fd5f7b55e7125/index.html

Havin' fun,

Checkers

--------------------
a.k.a. Brian Born
www.CheckersCustom.com
Harrisburg, Pa
Work Smart, Play Hard

Posts: 3775 | From: Harrisburg, Pa. U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Checkers, if I get elected, the check'll be in the mail.......

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!