Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Another great Letterhead has left us . . . Godspeed, dear. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Another great Letterhead has left us . . . Godspeed, dear.
Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Allen   Author's Homepage   Email Jay Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is with the heaviest of hearts and the saddest of emotions that I must inform her numerous Letterhead friends that Renata Guzman passed away this evening at about 4:30pm Eastern time.

Her health had really suffered after the breast cancer also turned into brain cancer roughly two years ago. She was an amazing fighter - and her proactive spirit left many more advocates for breast cancer after she was stricken with her illness.

Her husband, Ray and their son, Noah wish to express - to all the Letterhead's - their sincere appreciation for the love and help and comforting words shown to them by many Letterhead pals since she was stricken ill in November 2004.

We raised somewhere in the neighborhood of $15,000 on this website thanks to the amazing generosity offered to us by Steve and Barb Shortreed. (Can anyone find that and repost it? Many here took part and need to see what good they did!!) They got their first vacation in 5 years when they went on the amazing houseboat trip to Kentucky Lake with about 10 0r 12 other 'Heads.

And, though I didn't share this with anyone until now - and I still need to post a screen capture of the video (I'll get to that tomorrow) - on August 17th last year, I took them to the Yankee's 17th to last game in old Yankee Stadium and the Yankee's organization (for NO charge) displayed on their big Diamond-vision screen in centerfield these words: We Love You Ray & Renata - From All Of Your Letterhead Friends.

It was the last time I saw her - and it was one of the most beautiful days (and weekends) that New York can offer you . . . but now I have lost my big sister. And my big brother Ray is without his life's love. For that I am most sad of all.

If you could, would you mind posting some memories you have shared with them here, some words you have found to be of great comfort and inspiration . . . or just pause a moment to think about the brevity of life and how we must show those we love EVERY day how we feel about them.

You never know if the next chance might come.

For those interested in services . . . Renata's wish was to be cremated and no real planned gathering is seen. Time may change that and I will surely post it here, if or when . . .

On a personal note, I lost the woman who had become my 'big sister' as Renata so proudly stated. I am so very, very sad that we have lost her amazing talents and spirit. But I know one thing for sure . . . Renata is whole again. She lives and she is free and she is without pain. I'm just sorry I can't be there to enjoy it with her and see her as she lives in my memory.

And as for her 'cancer' . . . (with all apologies for my vulgarity) FVCK YOU!! YOU DID NOT WIN!!! YOU DID NOT DEFEAT HER!!!

Renata lives in a place where you can't touch her anymore. So please, cancer . . . p!ss off. You are not welcome anywhere you go. So why try anymore?

Peace . . . and love . . . to all here who helped in whatever way - for all your generosity and prayers over this long and arduous road. You done good . . . and so did she.

Renata, we're really gonna' miss you, dear girl . . . especially me. Godspeed.

[ January 07, 2009, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Jay Allen ]

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com
http://www.shawcraft.com/

"The object of the superior man is truth."
-Confucius

Posts: 1285 | From: Machesney Park, IL, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Jay, for lettingus know.
Icry.

Jack

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our thoughts and prayers are with those who love Renata.

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My condolences go out to Ray,Noah,all family & friends of Renata.You're in my thoughts & prayers.
Judy

[ January 06, 2009, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: Judy Pate ]

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay, you have my deepest condolences on the loss of your dear friend.

Where seeds are planted they root and grow and send forth seeds of their own. After the auction and some very cherished friendships that grew and blossomed form it, Renata and I shared some great correspondence for a while. I believe you have one of 10 prints of an iris that Renata painted. Mine is framed along with the note she sent with it and hangs above my desk reminding me of the determined spirit and beauty of it's creator. I'm both saddened by the loss of a friendship that was built on the rallying of friends against adversity and inspired by the warmth and love that has embraced me and allowed me to become a small part of that battle.

There aren't words that can make the pain disappear, and in some ways I think we owe those kindred spirits some heartache, although I know that that would not be Renata's wish. For her I am glad the end of the journey has come. When we say it isn't the destination but the journey, I think perhaps we can appreciate that there comes a time when the journey becomes too hard.

Wherever, whatever Renata, thank you for the influences you made on my life. They were definitely positive and have become silk threads in my fabric. Through you, I formed some great friendships, one in particular that I cherish greatly and which has in turn made a very positive impact on my daughters challenging world. If you could make that kind of impact on a stranger, I can only begin to imagine the impact you made on those who knew and loved you.

Ray and Noah, may your memories strengthen you as you learn to live with your loss. From the bit that I shared with Renata, I believe they will be cherished.
[Group Hug]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry to hear this Jay. She was inspirational in everything she did. Our prayers are with her family.....

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am deeply saddened to hear this news Jay, but thank you for letting us all know.

In 2005 I went to New York for a Mural workshop and Ray and Renata were the first to call and graciously offer to show me around the city. And even though Renata was still in pain from her treatments they walked me all over lower Manhattan and bought me lunch in Chinatown. Ray shot the photo that I use here on Letterville down on Wall Street.

And when I moved out East, Ray and Renata insisted that I stop by Hoboken and stay at their home. Renata was a dear friend and had a beautiful soul and the strength of 100 mere humans. I can only begin to imagine the pain that Ray and Noah are feeling and I send my love and prayers your way.

My life shines brighter just for having known her. I will never forget her, I carry her in my heart....forever.

peace

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay, never got to meet her or Ray, I know she must have been a dynamite person from your post. So sorry to hear of her passing. My prayers go out the the family...

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a simple saying down here in Oz for people like that:

"Their blood was worth Bottling!"

Cheers Renata!

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May God bless her and her family.

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What nice tributes.... My deepest condolences go out to her family and freinds.

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers and thoughts to all those touched by her life.

Peace,
Bob

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1873 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ray was in my shop just yesterday and we cried on each others shoulders. We have had a special relationship ever since we met. I was very proud to have introduced them into the Letterhead movement and they kind of adopted me ever since. Ray and Renata had it all and they were going places with all their talent. I stand with Jay in cursing cancer having lost my sister to it. I feel that Renata hung on this long because of all the prayers and support she received from all of us.
Did you know that she got out of a hospital bed to campaign for a breast cancer rally and helped raise thousands of dollars? But when she needed help from them, they were unavailable.
Bill

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is indeed a loss. Not only to our little community but the rest of the world as well. She was a talent. This is so sad. I have tears in my eyes.

My condolences to Ray, Noah, and all her friends.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful words Jay. No one could have said it better.

My first meeting of the Guzmans was at a Letterheads gathering in Fargo, but I don't remember the year. They were a gracious couple and enthusiastic about everything.

Renata was the supreme example of a fighter. She never let the cancer defeat her. Our prayers go up for Ray and the rest of family.

Renata was a very special lady and taught us immensely about how to deal with adversity. She is now at peace, and that is a comfort.

Thank you Jay.

[ January 07, 2009, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: Raymond Chapman ]

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david butler
Merchant

Member # 591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david butler   Author's Homepage   Email david butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

This is about all we can share right now....

--------------------
david butler
butler signs
syracuse,indiana
david@davidbutler.com

Posts: 188 | From: syracuse,indiana,usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad to say that Dora and I were on that houseboat on Kentucky Lake.

That was the only time I met Ray & Renata in person. That weekend gave us the opportunity to get to know them at least a little. I learned to admire both of them for thier strength and positive attitudes.

I am very sorry to hear this news, and I am extremely thankful that I was allowed the opportunity to spend that one weekend with them.

I feel that Renata finally won her battle against the cancer, because I am sure that it is not allowed to go where she has gone.

The family will be in our prayers.

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2273 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay, I'm saddened as well by the passing of our sister Renata. I only had a couple of brief opportunities to meet the Guzmans, the first being in Belvidere. Renata's brave battle brings to mind the lines of Dylan Thomas:

"Do not go gently into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379
"Award winning Signs since 1988"

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
October 2006 in Chicago. We had such a good time a Cafe LaBabaria!
 -

Our train wall in Algoma was to have a "hidden" clue for the school kids to find. Here's ours.
 -

We will all miss you Renata! Ray and Noah, Our DEEPEST condolences! I just wanted to share these photos for now...

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Allen   Author's Homepage   Email Jay Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for putting a picture to the 'strength' we're fondly remembering here, David . . . that was a happier time and folks need to see what courage looks like. She was cool as cool can be . . . I know you and Susie cared deeply for her, too.

Bruce . . . "what's that all about?" . . . you knew and you reached out. I still thank you. So does whomever bought it as that lil' plaque must be so full of good karma . . . don't you think?

Bob, Neil, Glenn, John, Cisco, Crazy Jack, Dan, and Jon . . . I'm not sure if you ever met them . . . but your expressions of kindness , understanding and condolences reflect what you are all about individually . . . I honor your sincerity and expressions for the loss of a cvreatrive spirit as much as a sister of the brush. You took time out of your day to show kindness.

Dale, you are so lucky . . . such a great memory for you that week and also with them - and what you saw was the true reflection of the hospitality Ray and Ren showed every single Letterhead who ever got with them when in NYC . . . they were too cool for words, weren't they?

Don, you were on that boat . . . their first vacation in 5 years. So proudly sleeping back there in that gorgeous master suite . . . Regan Dickinson (former editor of SignBusiness mag) donated the money from the article he wrote about their struggles - after he had left the mag and did it freelance . . . the cash bought their tickets to Nashville and we got them to Kentucky Lake . . . you and Dora got to see why we are so saddened today. The light burns a bit dimmer today for those she 'left in her wake' . . .

Ray, I do strongly agree with this comment: "Renata was a very special lady and taught us immensely about how to deal with adversity. She is now at peace, and that is a comfort." From a man of God as you are . . . that is so quietly comforting. Thank you. She is whole again . . .

Ray, I respectfully disagree with this remark: "No one could have said it better."

Kelly Thorson said it far better than myself, I think . . . while my efforts may have started a chain of events, the good and the spiritual followed its own path. I had no control over the good that our fundraiser started . . . none. That was individual to each of us.

But you took it to its furthest, Kelly. Your life was affected in many, many positive ways - as was mine. I might have been closer to the 'front lines' during her battle . . . but you took every bit of positivity from what was a terribly sad situation Ray and Renata faced.

That honors her memory in the most accurately and illustrative way. Your spirit inspires me and I, too, am grateful for getting to know you so personally. We both got back a lot. Thank you, dear. I still have my blown glass wheat!!

And that's why so many here have expressed their sadness and memories in ways that also honor her contributions to our craft . . . and to humanity that she directly or indirectly affected. Sometimes you just have to point things out . . .

Bill Riedel . . . you are still my hero, too! I wish you all knew what Bill and his family did for the Guzman's . . . their help far outweighed all offered as they were the closest to R&R geographically. Bill, you and your family's generosity and aid to the Guzman's only adds to the respect I already have in abundant quantities for you.

Thanks just don't seem adequate . . . but will do for now. I'll be seeing you in the coming days when I fly out. I have unbreakable obligations until Friday night late - so I won't be in until at least Saturday. I will be in touch with you though - once I arrive.

I don't want Ray picking me up at the airport as I will likely be uncontrollably emotional. Who wants to see that? [Smile] Maybe I can bum a ride from you? We'll see . . .

Thanks again all . . . and re-read these words posted above. Isn't that the memory you'd like to leave people with?

So in Renata's memory - honor her by behaving in just that way . . . a way that will have people saying such kind things about you someday.

It's only right.

Peace.

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com

-Confucius

Posts: 1285 | From: Machesney Park, IL, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry to hear this news.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Renata,
but I was one of the lucky ones who received
a print of the iris that Renata painted and a
beautiful note from her.

I know she will be missed by many and that she touched a lot of lives.

Please accept our condolences.

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2374 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

Cam . . . you know. And well chosen words too.

Bill and Jane . . . I forgot completely that I painted that on your train mural . . . damn graffiti anyway . . . Thanks for posting that picture of us all in Chicago . . . that was a great day!! That was the day we went to the last game in Wrigley Field in October 2006.

Ray couldn't reciprocate as easily. We'd always said we'd treat each other to baseball games at our favorite teams fields . . . Ray was born in Da' Bronx and The Yankees were his (and Noah's) team. So my niece, Jennifer, got me reserved seats from a good friend of hers and we went on August 17th last summer . . . and here's that picture I promised . . .

-

They thought that was pretty cool . . . and the Yankee's did a helluva thing giving me that just for asking them. You never know what you can get unless you ask for it.

Barb . . . God's blessings again to you and Steve. You read this all above, too . . . and know what good you started by offering up the site and the time to run the auction. You are such wonderful examples of the spirit of Letterheads.

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com

-Confucius

Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

Ah, what the hell . . . those were such good memories . . . here's some more:

-

-

-

And end it with the Letterhead Salute . . . to you, Big Sister:

-

[ January 07, 2009, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Jay Allen ]

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com

-Confucius

Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's just too sad! She made a lasting impression on all who knew her. I'm especially bummed I didn't get to go on the houseboat trip so I could bond with her some more. She and Ray had some special magic with their marriage and my heart goes out to him and Noah. She had a lot of inner strength that came thru loud and clear.

Jay, I'm also sorry for this loss for you and Jody as you had a special friendship with those folks. It was fitting that you went to see the Yankees and when they came to see you -- you took them to see the Cubs.

And Bill Riedel, I'm also sorry for this loss for you as you had a special friendship with these folks, and thank you for getting them involved in Letterheads, because we are all richer in our lives for having known Renata.

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh that is just terrible news. Thanks to all of you for posting pics, I never met her, but the pictures show the love between she & her husband & it just really hurts to think he is left without her right now. I pray the Lord will steengthen Ray as he goes on.

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There really are no words...Sleep Well Sweet Lady.

Edited to add: I too have cherished and will always cherish my iris print she sent me.

[ January 07, 2009, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Kimberly Zanetti ]

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy B. Bennett
Resident

Member # 1451

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy B. Bennett   Author's Homepage   Email Nancy B. Bennett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met Ray and Renata for the first time at the 1993 Allerton Walldog Meet. I had never met them but asked them to be leaders on the Coca-Cola wall because of the excellent quality of their work showcased in the sign magazines. They were such troopers when they discovered just how small Allerton really was and I remember Renata apologizing for asking so many questions about the process. Little did she know that those questions kept the project moving along!
We will miss you very much, Renata, my friend. Say hello to all of our Letterhead friends on the other side.
God Bless, Ray and Noah.

--------------------
Nancy B. Bennett
Walldog Public Art
317 N. 13th St.
Centerville, Iowa 52544

Posts: 95 | From: Centerville, IA, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never met her but she was inspiring just from what I read here on the board. God speed....

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ray,,,I lived in Ho-BO-ken for three years and know a few survivors, that are still there. I am like everyone else though, numbed to a degree by your incredible loss.

I want to see you alive and well, some time in the near future. You pray for me, I'll pray for you.

If you want...

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noella Cotnam
Visitor
Member # 9079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noella Cotnam   Author's Homepage   Email Noella Cotnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Jay for keeping us all connected.

My heart aches for our loss but is lifted by the memory of the few scattered moments shared with both Ray and Renata at Letterhead meets.

Thanks to Nancy Bennett we first met Renata 'howling at the Harvest Moon' on a hot (very, very hot!) summer weekend in Allerton Iowa. We laughed lots, sang some and celebrated our brief time together. Anytime we reconnected after that felt like a homecoming of sorts; that is friendship, that is family and that is how I will remember this vibrant, talented force of nature that was and is Renata.

My thoughts are with you, Ray and Noah.

Noellax

--------------------
Noella Cotnam
Sign It
18899 County Road 19, Williamstown,On,Canada, K0C 2J0

Posts: 4 | From: Williamstown, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David A Smith
Visitor
Member # 5671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David A Smith   Email David A Smith       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is such sad news. Ray ,Renata and Noah have been a part of our lives here in the UK for many years. They came to Torquay in 1996 and spent a week with me and my family. She will be missed by us all. such a warm and kind person...
Thinking of Ray and Noah at this very sad time.
Dave Smith and family
England

--------------------
David Smith CHAPMAN and SMITH, 5 SHIPHAY AVENUE, SHIPHAY,
TORQUAY, ENGLAND TQ2 7ED
01803 613753

Posts: 57 | From: ENGLAND | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Yearwood
Visitor
Member # 2723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Yearwood   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Yearwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never got to meet her in person here, but hopefully someday....

I did receive a touching letter and a beautiful art print from Renata that I will cherish.

Our prayers are with the family.

--------------------
Mark Yearwood
Yearwood Design Works
Tecumseh, OK
www.yearwooddesignworks.com
www.markyearwood.com

Posts: 1027 | From: Tecumseh, OK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Santo
Visitor
Member # 411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santo   Email Santo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never met Renata, but I exchanged a few e-mails with her after Katrina. Even as her issues were at hand, she was thinking of the people affected by the storm. Her caring and beauty came across very clearly in her words.
I'm 20 floors up and looking out on a orange and blue painted sky. A loving hand did that work.

--------------------
Santo Brocato
Promotion Graphics & Letters
Spring, TX

Posts: 2501 | From: Spring, TX USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you Renata.
Thanks Jay for helping us recognize true courage.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4350 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Smith
Resident

Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Kent Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Jay for alerting us and for all you have done. We have so many great memories of Renata that will live with us forever. Heated debates in jest, instant friendship, wonderful hospitality and that one-of-a-kind smile. We grieve for Ray and Noah's loss.

--------------------
Kent Smith
Smith Sign Studio
P.O.Box 2385,
Estes Park, CO 80517-2385
kent@smithsignstudio.com

Posts: 1025 | From: Estes Park, CO | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dad passed away in august from lymphoma. Cancer is a horrible disease that causes so many wonderful people to leave this world.
I am so sorry to hear about Renata. My prayers and thoughts are for her family and their loss, and for you too Jay for the loss of your friend.

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

Amazing . . . just amazing.

As a group . . . none finer.

My eyes may be full of tears - but my heart is open and full. Ray saw these posts last night.

He's thinking of you all. But mostly of his sweet Renata right now . . .

But I bet anything you'll be hearing from him in time . . .

Bless you all for 'learning the lessons' here.

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com

-Confucius

David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got back from vacation to find out that while I was enjoying myself, the Guzmans, Jumpers, and Chathams were all dealing with tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go to all the families and friends.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5084 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Barker
Resident

Member # 174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Barker   Author's Homepage   Email Henry Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THanks for you very touching post Jay, I never met Ray or Renata, but have read the comments in the past, since her illness was brought to our attention.

I saw my father destroyed by cancer aged 63 dying after a 5 year battle, I echo your sentiments, its horrible in how it attacks our systems, my dad was on a morphine pump at the end taking "commercial breaks" as he called them while you talked to him, his eyes rolled backwards, and then he would come too again.

Theý're all at peace now´, and as you say where they can't be got at anymore.

My thoughts are with you and all those that were close to her.

--------------------
Henry Barker #1924akaKaftan
SignCraft AB
Stockholm,
Sweden.
A little bit of England in a corner of Stockholm www.signcraft.se www.facebook.com/signcraftsweden

Posts: 1552 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

The playwright, Eugene O'Neill said this:

Man is born broken.
He lives by mending.
The grace of God is glue.

I just hope the 'big guy' has a lot of glue right now . . . but in the short term, these kind words ARE that glue.

Again, bless you all.

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com

-Confucius

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!